WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
So great to see some dynamic movement. Like the breath of Lindsey saying, "Don't give up."

I'm going back to aerial shots for signs of decomposition affecting plant growth...I know, it's not what we want, but we have so many wonderful aerials, and it might be what is causing that right in front of us feeling. If I find anything I'll let you know.

I would like to know if there are any old mining claims in the area, if they are closed up and what type? TIA...

About all those logging or utility roads that branch out into the woods around McCleary. What kind of wild animal is common back there? Is it a hunting allowed area? Is the land near the water as swampy as it looks in most places? And finally, does anyone have an idea of the average water temps in the month surrounding Lindsey's disappearance? Or where I could find that eclectic little piece of information?

Thanks and don't dead trout me to death for the boring questions.

I would like to know if there are any old mining claims in the area, if they are closed up and what type? TIA...

There is potter creek quarry 4 miles out and McCleary#2 Quarry, apprx 3 miles out of town. There are supposedly about 24 sites like this, old gravel sites, etc, within a 10 mile radius of McCleary.

About all those logging or utility roads that branch out into the woods around McCleary. What kind of wild animal is common back there? Is it a hunting allowed area? Is the land near the water as swampy as it looks in most places? And finally, does anyone have an idea of the average water temps in the month surrounding Lindsey's disappearance? Or where I could find that eclectic little piece of information?

Thanks and don't dead trout me to death for the boring questions.

Deer, bear, grouse, some coon and cat hunting.

DD

:sonar: I just spoke to the Wa. state Civil Air Patrol coordinator to enquire about the service and to see what it requires to reinstate help again. She was kind and stated they were called upon in the beginning by LE. It would take MB to ask the sherrif to once again allow this trained group to assist. If you go to wa-sar.net/ ( there seem to be many agencies that could be called on by private citizens and LE. I'v been waiting for a call back from the Kitsap county Explorer Cadetts trained (many hours to be accredited.) in S&R. They work with sherrifs dept. and can be contacted at the Kitsap County Sherrifs office. Maybe this may be of some help. :idea:
Great to call these organizations. I emailed and called some from a couple NW Equine Search and Rescue teams to get them to contact the search center and get teams down to McCleary.....for two weeks... and contacted (emails and a couple phone calls) about 6 people. Never heard a word from any of them. :(

The weather will be turning on us in the next few weeks and this sunshine and 60 degree days will come to an end.

Horses (I rode for many years in all the mountains all around Issaquah) can go so many more places and cover ground so much better then humans... and can get where searchers walking would be in danger... but have had no luck rallying the Equine people I know.

Searchers will be less motivated to trek in rain and dark days... It is so heavily wooded in McCleary. Beautiful though. Amazingly beautiful country. But in the woods.. it would be dark and sort of ominous for most.

The only mining I know of is just gravel. Those are just quarries....
DD

DD do you know if these are abandoned, how deep they may be, and if they have filled up with water ?
TIA...

DD do you know if these are abandoned, how deep they may be, and if they have filled up with water ?
TIA...

There are probably both abandoned or maybe that would be seldom used, and active....Right now they are probably not filled with water, but those that do fill will start to fill up as soon as the rains start...That is with the exception of Bayview ponds, they are both abandoned gravel pits and active. They are all filled with water...but they are west of Elma....

DD

I know that SC said it was 6/17 that DG went to Ellensburg to see her, and his car broke down. Does anyone think she got her dates mixed up?

FLEECECREATIONS- post 16, if anything, the one line that might get some attention is:

quote:I sincerely hope this does not go unanswered as I have also forwarded this letter to all media in the Seattle area.:angel:

I know that SC said it was 6/17 that DG went to Ellensburg to see her, and his car broke down. Does anyone think she got her dates mixed up?

It wasn't 6/17.. it was 7/16
She later told detectives that Golder had driven to Ellensburg on 07-16-09 and that she had to take him back to Elma because his car broke down. She said she stayed with him in MCCleary until 07-20-09

Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
I agree this should be explored more. We should do a "where was dale" timeline between 6/26 and 8/26 or 8/27.

6/26/09, 10 pm: Seen by someone by Beehive / gf also states he had to work at 10.
6/28/09: Returned to work (Youth Camp)
7/16/09: Ellensburg (sw says gf had to drive him back to ELMA)
7/17? - 7/20/09: sw says gf stayed with him in MCCLEARY
7/31/09: At work (Beehive) stopped by LE after following MB
8/26 or 8/27/09 seen at shop by tomato man

I've kept the Dale time-line that Jules71 put together....I find it helpful.

eyes - here is the Where was DG thread: Where was DG 6/26 to 8/26/2009? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Salem

It appears he was not following any of his "usual" patterns of behavior during that time. I want to know where he was and then I want to know why.

Does anyone know if DG went to his various jobs during that time? Or was he completely incommunicado? I wonder why weren't the cops all over him? MOO and TIA.

Also, doesn't his "gf" live in Ellensburg? Perhaps he was there at least part of the time.

eyes - here is the Where was DG thread: Where was DG 6/26 to 8/26/2009? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Salem

It appears he was not following any of his "usual" patterns of behavior during that time. I want to know where he was and then I want to know why.

H Salem - hard to tell what patterns he was following, I'm not sure we know enough about his past patterns - maybe texting and driving around town.

His texting on the night of June 16th abruptly stopped
His driving the loud car through town abruptly ceased (maybe he was out of town)
He was spending time with his girlfriend (for a long weekend in July - was he no longer working at the Youth Camp)
He stalked mom Baum (I doubt stalking is new behavior for him) mho

Couple things that don't make sense: If he is indeed the perp who took Lindsey - why would he stalk mom Baum and risk being stopped.
- If he took Lindsey why would he stay around the crime scene to be seen/heard at 10p that same night. Unless he took her right into the Bee Hive, perps don't usually hang around their own crime scene (this sighting continues to bother me).

Time-wise his ceased texting and being seen near the Beehive can't be ignored. Maybe he's an incredibly stupid criminal who has had mom to bail him out of trouble for the last 9 years. all just my opinion

Last night I posted about the Potter Creek and McCleary #2 quarries which I had found on Google. In looking for info on both quarries I can find nothing and so I think the info I got last night is bogus.

I did however find mention of several quarries in the area, in fact one in Tenino is the local swimming hole. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member