WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitions (because I didn't know the difference):

Superior Courts

The superior courts in Washington State are the court of general jurisdiction. These courts have exclusive jurisdiction for felony matters, real property rights, domestic relations, estate, mental illness, juvenile, and civil cases over $50,000. The superior courts also hear appeals from courts of limited jurisdiction.

>Superior court judges are elected on a non-partisan basis for a four year term.

>The Superior Court of Washington for Grays Harbor County consists of 3 full-time judges and its administrative support staff. Its courtrooms and offices are located in the courthouse in Montesano. A courtroom for juvenile cases is located at the county's juvenile facility at Junction City near Aberdeen. The judges are elected to four-year terms. The Superior Court has exclusive original jurisdiction in all civil matters involving over $75,000; title or possession of real property; legality of a tax, assessment or toll; probate and domestic matters; original jurisdiction in all felony criminal cases with jail terms of up to 5 years, 10 years, and 20 years to life in a state prison; original jurisdiction in all criminal cases when jurisdiction is not otherwise provided for by law; exclusive original jurisdiction over juvenile matters; orders for protection from domestic violence; appeals from the courts of limited jurisdiction on the record for error of law.

The courts of limited jurisdiction in the county other than Grays Harbor County District Court are the Municipal Courts of each city:
Aberdeen, Cosmopolis, Elma, Hoquiam, McCleary, Montesano, Oakville, Ocean Shores, Westport

Each municipal court has a judge appointed by the mayor and/or council to a four-year term. The judges hold court on a part-time basis. A municipal court's jurisdiction extends to criminal misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor violations of city ordinances (includes Driving Under the Influence and Domestic Violence cases) with a maximum fine of $5,000 or less and/or a jail sentence of one year or less in a city or county jail; and traffic, non-traffic and parking infractions. Municipal courts do not handle civil or small claims cases, name changes, or antiharassment cases.

District Courts

The district courts in Washington State are a court of limited jurisdiction. These courts have concurrent jurisdiction with superior courts over misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor violations and civil cases under $50,000. They have exclusive jurisdiction over small claims and infractions.

The District Court caseload includes:

Criminal misdemeanor violations (includes Driving Under the Influence and Domestic Violence) involving up to a $5,000 fine and/or up to one year in jail.
Traffic, non-traffic and parking infractions.
Preliminary hearings in felony cases.
Small claims cases up to $5,000.
Civil actions involving $75,000 or less (concurrent with Superior Court)
Protection against unlawful harassment cases.
Name changes.
Domestic violence protection orders (concurrent with superior court).

http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/judicial/

Overview of Fine Enforcement Process (District Court)

Criminal fines, costs and restitution amounts, and probation fees are enforced by judicial process, to hold all offenders accountable for their actions. Payments are allowed. Probation monitors and collects its fees separately. Non-compliance with a time payment agreement in a criminal case results in a bench warrant being issued. Persons who willfully refuse to pay are committed to jail and/or to work on the county jail work crew. Persons who are not able to pay due to no fault of their own are given an option to perform community restitution work. Traffic infractions do not involve jail time. The court allows payments, or, for those persons unable to pay, community service work. Failure to comply with a payment agreement or community service obligation may result in the suspension of the person's driver's license and referred to a state licensed collection agency.

<<<
a095.gif

So now we know.

Coastal - thank you for the post. Can I bum an extra piece of bubble gum?

Scandi, first of all, you need to get an award for hanging in there in many forums here, I simply don't know how you do it, girl. Amazing.

Coastal, thanks for your input, it's persons like you who keep things happening. I sincerely appreciate your input, thanks muchly...if that is a word :D

Continuing to hope, and continuing to wish for something that will help mom and son.
With tears I add Lindsey, I forgot to post her name. If she has any control with online, and if she can hear all of you amazing people who are local, Lindsey, you are completely loved, and if you can, send a message to anyone.

Scandi, first of all, you need to get an award for hanging in there in many forums here, I simply don't know how you do it, girl. Amazing.

Coastal, thanks for your input, it's persons like you who keep things happening. I sincerely appreciate your input, thanks muchly...if that is a word :D

Continuing to hope, and continuing to wish for something that will help mom and son.

Hi Norm. I really only have a few I am dedicated to, Lindsey's being #1 because it is almost local for me. I usaed to live in Lacey and know the area quite well.

Once a case has the perp in custody I don't really rehash much until the trial starts. But I always check into the ongoing cases to see if anything new has been learned. I see you around too. LOL

Yea, I'm bad to the bone when it comes to getting Justice for any child who has been abused, abducted or killed. Like the littlest Dinosaur said, "You've gotta love the baby" ;}

Scandi, your heart is on your sleeve, and even though it bleeds from time to time, what bleeds is true, I can see that. You are one of my favorite posters because you are so much better than me in control. I definitely look to you and a few others to gain understanding about how to post properly. I really want Lindsey to come home alive, and she is my first hope, beyond all others.

Scandi, your heart is on your sleeve, and even though it bleeds from time to time, what bleeds is true, I can see that. You are one of my favorite posters because you are so much better than me in control. I definitely look to you and a few others to gain understanding about how to post properly. I really want Lindsey to come home alive, and she is my first hope, beyond all others.

Thank you Norm, We are all passionate and want Lindsey found and brought back home alive. On that we can never give up hope. We just have to keep on digging. It is like together we are a big part of her army, right? xox

A quick question Jvk: There is no way to go from Libby's house and cut thru whatever is across the street from her to 3rd St, is there? It looks like they are joined apts across the street. So hard to tell on a Google map. It would just mean if they weren't home at Libby's she'd have to turn N on Main to get over to 3rd from there.

Hmm, i'm not quite clear of the direction & areas being asked here. If you could draw a line or two on a map or something maybe me or a ~local could answer.

Hmm, i'm not quite clear of the direction & areas being asked here. If you could draw a line or two on a map or something maybe me or a ~local could answer.

Good Morning Jvk, I was wondering how Lindsey would have traveled home if she walked to Libby's house and no one was there and thought that white car was following her.

Since Libby's house is on the W side of Main I first thought she might try to slip through a yard on the E side of Main to 3rd and proceed home from there. Then looking at the map it looks like there are no yards across the street from Libby as it is a solid bldg, maybe apts.

I'm just trying to figure out where she could have been actually accosted. xox

Good Morning Jvk, I was wondering how Lindsey would have traveled home if she walked to Libby's house and no one was there and thought that white car was following her.

Since Libby's house is on the W side of Main I first thought she might try to slip through a yard on the E side of Main to 3rd and proceed home from there. Then looking at the map it looks like there are no yards across the street from Libby as it is a solid bldg, maybe apts.

I'm just trying to figure out where she could have been actually accosted. xox

I believe right across from Libby's is a park and ride. There are a few stalls for cars and a drive thru like road. In the picture, I marked it with an orange line.

Attachments

• McCleary.jpg
    McCleary.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 22
IIRC, someone stated that KK first went to LN's to look for Lindsey. Does anyone know where that info came from? I wonder if after Lindsey disappeared, MK might have told her mom of their possible plans to go back to LN's to swim later.

And does anyone know where LN's daughter or niece (Lindsey's friend) was having a sleep over at that night?

I think I might try to look more into the 25 yo female I saw listed at that address.

I'll have to go back and dig Jules, but I believe KK actually spoke to the girls that night at the Nelson home. So the sleepover was held there? Pretty sure I read that somewhere but cannot confirm as a fact. So if Lindsey did go to the Nelson's after leaving KK's, it would have been the girls who told her no she could not spend the night, as LN was said to be at work and dad was out somewhere as well? Poor little love, that would have stung. I am hesitant to hitch my theory wagon to any of this ... So few confirmed facts of her whereabouts and path home. Do some of the early news stories have LE statements we can re-read?

I'll have to go back and dig Jules, but I believe KK actually spoke to the girls that night at the Nelson home. So the sleepover was held there? Pretty sure I read that somewhere but cannot confirm as a fact. So if Lindsey did go to the Nelson's after leaving KK's, it would have been the girls who told her no she could not spend the night, as LN was said to be at work and dad was out somewhere as well? Poor little love, that would have stung. I am hesitant to hitch my theory wagon to any of this ... So few confirmed facts of her whereabouts and path home. Do some of the early news stories have LE statements we can re-read?

Well if that is the case, I think the theory of LB wanting to stay at MK's and then possibly sneak out over to LN's house is very possible. Who was home if Mom was at work and Dad was out???

I also think the witness who saw her walk down Maple holds the key to what Lindsey saw that might have frightened her. We have read that alluded to and by her own words she was afraid somethng bad was going to happen to her.

I feel so positive that LE knows the answer to this puzzle, who that witness was, where she was when she saw Lindsey and what she noticed that she doesn't want to make public for fear of reprisal. I think the only thing LE doesn't have at this point is Lindsey.

Do we know who this witness is? I thought I read just recently on one of these threads where a name was mentioned.

Well if that is the case, I think the theory of LB wanting to stay at MK's and then possibly sneak out over to LN's house is very possible. Who was home if Mom was at work and Dad was out???

Don't think that has ever been asked or addressed. Perhaps the older girl you mention that lives there.

Do we know who this witness is? I thought I read just recently on one of these threads where a name was mentioned.

The name is said on other sites, but LE never named the person officially, so I know we can not say it here.

Don't think that has ever been asked or addressed. Perhaps the older girl you mention that lives there.

I can't say for sure that she lives there now. I found her on Sound Politics where it gives voter info. If you go there and search on LN, and then click on the hyperlink next to it (under number), you will see everyone in that household I believe. She registered to vote in Oct. 2004, but does not have a date for last voted.

http://www.soundpolitics.com/voterlookup.html

I then tried to do a google search on her name, and the results came back with one hit. It is an announcement in the Olympian but it looks like it is old because when you click the link, it can't find it. There is no cached copy of it. It looks like it may have to do with a divorce and or a date of June 18th.

Ahhh, know who you are talking about. Researched that a while back and I do not believe she was living there. Do a www.Pipl.com search on her name.

IIRC, someone stated that KK first went to LN's to look for Lindsey. Does anyone know where that info came from? I wonder if after Lindsey disappeared, MK might have told her mom of their possible plans to go back to LN's to swim later.

And does anyone know where LN's daughter or niece (Lindsey's friend) was having a sleep over at that night?

I think I might try to look more into the 25 yo female I saw listed at that address.

I believe that info came from posts Kara made on a couple of sites and I don't believe they can be brought here. Only by paraphrase I believe.

I think the 'going back to swim' was just an assumption as I have only read it as speculation, not that it was a plan.

I did read several places Lindsey's frind is Libby's niece. You are the first to mention the 25 yr old that I have read.

And I did read references to the niece being at a sleepover that night and not staying at Libby's Who knows if any of this is true.

All we can call her is Rena H as her name has not been used in a link. She either works or has worked with MB at the call center I believe. I'd go read again and bring it back paraphrased, but it is still only what, heresay?

Until we get more info it makes it so hard to sleuth successfully. Ya Ya

If MK and LB had been swimming at the Nelson's that day it makes sense that KK went there first. Specially if MK told her they were having a sleepover there that night.

When you look at the potential paths she took that night Scandi, does she walk past the Shell Station or no? I think I remember JVK saying the camera was basically useless in the direction it pointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24