WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

Not clear. The sweatshirt jacket was found in some bushes behind the Shell station, and one shoe was found near the jacket but within sight of her house?

Shel told me that what she heard was the sweatshirt jacket was found out in the open near where the flipflop was found. The flipflop was found in some brush behind the shell station, which led them to believe she tried to run, then hide in the brush, leaving the flipflop behind. She said they only found one though. This stuff was found early on. Either that night or the next morning.

Hope that helps. I tried to get the info out as clear as possible, but in an effort to save on SS's keyboard, I rushed the info out. (I think he goes through about 1 a week.) :silenced:

Can someone give us some initials for this person who has 5 DUIs?

She couldn't give me a name. She only told me he was a person of interest. I guess would could give him a name or some initials if someone has an idea.

Shel told me that what she heard was the sweatshirt jacket was found out in the open near where the flipflop was found. The flipflop was found in some brush behind the shell station, which led them to believe she tried to run, then hide in the brush, leaving the flipflop behind. She said they only found one though. This stuff was found early on. Either that night or the next morning.

Hope that helps. I tried to get the info out as clear as possible, but in an effort to save on SS's keyboard, I rushed the info out. (I think he goes through about 1 a week.) :silenced:
She. LOL And thanks! My keyboard does take a beating! :)

OK Thanks for clarifying that for us, Cyber! Now...maybe if they searched in and under the darn bridge they may find the other one or other evidence! (It still sounds close to the bridge where the brush is tho! Close enough for me!)

Finding the sweatshirt and flip-flop/slip-on would explain why LE began classifying her disappearance as an abduction rather than a runaway.

It sure seems that way. Did we learn when they found these things? They have had their crime scene since then is what that means while we were stuck up on Maple between 6th and 5th!

I sure do, Scandi! ;) And yes it is!

SNAP Maybe she was heading to hide under the bridge and he grabbed her by the foot :confused: His car could have been close by and he drove her up to the trees by the tracks, or up to the watertower. Maybe he used the RR to ditch some evidence which Gail said it looked like they might have found today!

SS, my dog day friend, LOL, we know the dogs have done a lot more than we have been told. Here today we found out they had the dogs busy again in McCleary. We also learned from one of our posters they saw a dog going across what I will call now the 'SS' bridge. They can try and hide it but they can't fool us. :)

Soon after this case started I read somewhere in a post she had been sniffed up at the water tower. I am not saying she was and it is unconfirmed, but out there for what it's worth.

I thought the bike was retrieved by the brother right after the fight? I must have missed something.

The cameras are only trained on the pumps and one towards the street sort of...no mention of cameras behind the station at all.

I'll have to go search for a link but I read that it was still there a few days after she went missing and that her brother had not taken it home that night. Evidently, the bike was not fully operational. Lindsey was pushing it around because it was broken. That's what the fight was about that night. She was tired of pushing it and wanted her brother to take over or take it home and they began arguing about it so she just left it behind the Shell station and planned to pick it up on the way back home.

Well, that's too bad about the cameras. As an employee, I think I'd want to be able to see what's going on, if anything, behind the station especially after dark.

5 DUI's. Could it be the intoxicated 27 yr. old man who crashed into the tree in the logging road area? I don't think so, but who knows?

Shel has been told that Lindsey's sweatshirt jacket and a flipflop of hers was found, but not reported in the media. They were not found together. The jacket was a little ways from the flipflop that was found in some bushes behind the shell station. From where the flipflop was found was just about in sight of Lindsey's home and they speculated that she was being chased and lost the flipflop while trying to hide from someone. The sweatshirt jacket may have come off during a schuffle. (My opinion).

snipped and bolded by me. I am really hoping that the original clothing and shoes that were made public were correct simply because we are all trying to help and keep our eyes open.
I live about an hour or so away from Mccleary. I live on a river and the other day we went down to a part of my property that is kind of a wooded shore - you could camp there and I'd never know unless I was right by you. My little girl and I go there quite a bit but on this day there was a child's/youth black flipflop laying there and it wasn't my little girl's flipflop. Someone with us said "Hey, what kind of shoes was that little girl that is missing wearing?" and I immediately said "oh that's not hers. She was wearing sneakers or something but not flipflops." I would hate to think that something was missed or not reported to authorities because the info was wrong or never updated.
I hope that made sense, I'm really tired! :confused:

That is so amazing Cyber, that she very well was abducted within a stones throw of the police station and fire dept :eek:

And it is even worse than I thought, them having found this crime scene as I would believe one would call such a place, either the night she was abducted or the next day. They didn't want to put that out there as they wanted people to think of her wearing that sweatshirt to hopefully remember her walking.

Thank goodness that LE has been moving forward. They have told us they have nothing! It is almost mean.

snipped and bolded by me. I am really hoping that the original clothing and shoes that were made public were correct simply because we are all trying to help and keep our eyes open.
I live about an hour or so away from Mccleary. I live on a river and the other day we went down to a part of my property that is kind of a wooded shore - you could camp there and I'd never know unless I was right by you. My little girl and I go there quite a bit but on this day there was a child's/youth black flipflop laying there and it wasn't my little girl's flipflop. Someone with us said "Hey, what kind of shoes was that little girl that is missing wearing?" and I immediately said "oh that's not hers. She was wearing sneakers or something but not flipflops." I would hate to think that something was missed or not reported to authorities because the info was wrong or never updated.

Hmmmm...think it over, but you might want to call the detectives tomorrow and tell them what you saw.

Do people frequent that area a lot on your land? Was it an unusual find or do you find things like that often?

You never can tell for certain what a missing child could be wearing after the first few hours. It depends on who has them and if they change their clothing to throw people off. It also does happen a lot that in the heat of the moment people make mistakes when reporting it initially. Always best to imagine the face first and halfway attempt to match clothing.

I'll have to go search for a link but I read that it was still there a few days after she went missing and that her brother had not taken it home that night. Evidently, the bike was not fully operational. Lindsey was pushing it around because it was broken. That's what the fight was about that night. She was tired of pushing it and wanted her brother to take over or take it home and they began arguing about it so she just left it behind the Shell station and planned to pick it up on the way back home.

Well, that's too bad about the cameras. As an employee, I think I'd want to be able to see what's going on, if anything, behind the station especially after dark.

Hi Distracted, I sell video surveillance for a living and have had a couple of gas stations for clients. For the average size station they are going to focus on where crime might take place which is where you pump the gas or pay for it. Often it is only a bathroom that is out back and they don't care about that. I've never seen a station with cameras out back unless possibly a huge multi-pump station like one would see by a big freeway.

And LotsaLatte this is why I reported it to you all the way it was told to me. I want to pass on information without my take on it and not let my opinion get in the way of what was said so as to change it to fit the facts.

I think that is important for us all to remember. If you see or hear something, give it to us as straight as possible. You all remember the old game you'd play where there was a circle of kids and one would whisper into the next ear until it got to the end and see how the message was distorted.

If the kid said "flip flop"...I would believe it is probably accurate. Too bad we didn't get the color!

Lotsa~ It sure wouldn't hurt to inform LE of a found single shoe since we don't know exactly and you are within a distance which could be considered in the "zone" of where she could be taken.

Can someone give us some initials for this person who has 5 DUIs?

I remember someone posted about an SO who had a string of DUI type arrests. I was going to go look in the SO thread but haven't had a chance reading all the new posts. LLOLOLL

Uhm...Cyber? Now you have to delete the post before this one, too...since you quoted me about that thing which we shouldn't mention here which I deleted from my post earlier. ;) LOL

I missed the post saying what to delete but I see that our Animal is walking quietly behind us. :eek:
z7shysterical.gif

Thanks Animal!

I'm officially freaking out, because yesterday when I was thinking about what all of you guys were saying about the park, I was imagining, OK, if I were Lindsey and was being chased by someone in the park, what would I do? And I could visualize her trying to hide. What else could you do if you were isolated?

Maybe run for a hiding place she knew, under that bridge which is somewhat camoflaged by bushes!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back