WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

If you click on the number of the post...it pulls up the single post and then you just paste/copy it here as a link. ;)

I don't recall reading about him having Drunk Driving convictions tho.

Tomoz I hope Idaho4Groanes comes around as she is very likely to know. What I remember is there was one guy whose charges went back many years and allot of them were drunk driving type charges and not involving children. He did have that too tho.

Thanks for the instructions SS xox

IMO unless she had some real reason to use Simpson (video store, gas station/store, grocery store) it would've been quicker to use the 10th st. / W. Simpson Alley. - Assuming she went that direction. Pretty sure the quickest non-maple non-fir route would've been 10th ^ - Simpson would've been going out of her way comparatively.

[

Me too Kimster. BTW we are going to swelter tomoz and all week long, with triple digits by the weekend. Stay cool ;}

You know Scandi,
I wasn't even going to check the weather in "our" area but now I know - thanks. LOL

I think she wanted to find someone to come spend the night with her so she wouldn't be bored and fighting with her brother all night. This is why I feel she went to Simpson where people were at the pizza place and around to check it out. Unfortunately, no one noticed her...imo. She also had at least 30 minutes before she was due home.

Hi Distracted, I sell video surveillance for a living and have had a couple of gas stations for clients. For the average size station they are going to focus on where crime might take place which is where you pump the gas or pay for it. Often it is only a bathroom that is out back and they don't care about that. I've never seen a station with cameras out back unless possibly a huge multi-pump station like one would see by a big freeway.

Good to know! I think I'll skip the gas station bathrooms in the future if they are in the back.

Thank you, though. It's also good to know that we have a surveillance expert on the board!

I remember someone posted about an SO who had a string of DUI type arrests. I was going to go look in the SO thread but haven't had a chance reading all the new posts. LLOLOLL

I looked but didn't find anything.

i remember a guy arrested around the begining of july and had lots of dui's...but i can't find it!!!! :banghead:

Doesn't the eyewitness account (spotting between 5th & 6th on Maple) kind of conflict w/her being near 6th & Simpson?

Now I'm thinking that I read that the witness who saw Lindsey lived on 6th and Simpson. That is UNCONFIRMED. Maybe she took a left on 6th instead of a right and walked down Simpson, across 3rd and back behind the station to get the bike she had maybe parked by the bridge. That would be a good hiding place to leave it and not worry about someone stealing it. Just sayin'

This sounds reasonable to me. It makes sense that she was going back to get the bike and go home. She was afraid of the dark and by that time, it was starting to get dark.

Goodnight all!

Lindsey wasn't wearing a sweatshirt or jacket. The first media reports and even NCMEC had reported that. I think because of the "hoodie". It's since been corrected.

She was wearing a lightweight light blue pullover shirt that had a hood. Made of like t-shirt or a knit material. It didn't zip up.

Her shoes were black cloth slip on sneakers.

Good to know! I think I'll skip the gas station bathrooms in the future if they are in the back.

Thank you, though. It's also good to know that we have a surveillance expert on the board!

Hi Distracted, I don't know everything about surveillance but enough to sell the sizzle and make people understand why they need them. I can find out anything anyone needs to know tho. My boss is the real expert!

I looked but didn't find anything.

Oh boy, I might be wrong. I just remember an SO with all his charges listed down the page on an earlier thread. I think there was only one or two charges dealing with abusing a child and the rest were traffic related offenses. xox

i remember a guy arrested around the begining of july and had lots of dui's...but i can't find it!!!! :banghead:

Doesn't the eyewitness account (spotting between 5th & 6th on Maple) kind of conflict w/her being near 6th & Simpson?

The problem is we don't know where the witness lived that saw her. What if that person lived closer to Simpson than Maple. It is just an idea and you are right it is conflicting. We don't even have confirmation that Lindsey's brother took her bike home. I just read that LE removed it from somewhere behind the area east of the station 2 days after she went missing. That is also unconfirmed I believe.

If what we have learned tonight is true it is probable she made it over to the area close to the bridge from what has been discussed here tonight. As a sleuther it then makes me wonder about the 3 sightings, as something doesn't add up.

One witness supposedly sees a disagreement and tells JB to take the bike home. Then a neighbor sees Lindsey walking down Maple between 5th and 6th at around 9:15pm. A second witness comes forward several days later with the same sighting as the neighbor.

We still don't know if this is 3 different people, as why would a neighbor who saw Lindsey walking down Maple also have seen her having the argument about the bike which supposedly took place behind the Shell station. :confused:

Why would she go back to pick up a broken bike that didn't belong to her, as I read it was her brother's bike?
However, since someone has said the bike was in the bushes at or near the park and ride, which I'm assuming is a parking lot, there is one house on the end of the park and ride, then 1st Street. I also read on this thread that the bike was still in the bushes, so she never actually got the bike, but that's the reason she would have been there, but something happened before or as she approached the bike?

This is contrary to what I have read in that a family friend sent the brother home because they were fighting, and that same person saw her last on 5th and Maple, as he/she was going to work?
So, he/she lives in that area, and would likely not be at or near the park and ride 15 to 30 minutes earlier, at least I wouldn't think so.
Did I imagine that he took the bike with him, or assume that since it was his bike?

She didn't have it with her as she left her friend's house, so he must have taken it with him, correct?

But if the family friend saw them at the park and ride instead, or on Mommasen instead of Maple, wouldn't that be close to home? So, why would she dump the bike in the bushes instead of him taking the bike home when they were so close to home when he was sent home?

So, this info of the bike being in the bushes doesn't make sense.
And her going to pick it up if it was there doesn't make sense either.
I also read on this thread that her brother has been seen riding said bike around town. So, I guess it isn't broken anymore. And why would they be pushing a broken bike around town to begin with? It's a small town, drop it, and pick it up on your way home, why hide it, no one is going to steal it, and they expected to be heading back in that direction within minutes since they were going to see if her friend could spend the night. The whole bike thing doesn't make sense to me.

The park and ride is on the same street she lives on, and if her shirt, and shoe were found almost within eyeshot of her home, if I were 10 or 11, the only reason I wouldn't be screaming as I was running, if someone was chasing me, and/or grabbing me, is if home was not a refuge, therefore, her brother, mother, or anyone else living in the home, would be suspect to me especially if her mother didn't work evenings and she had every reason to believe her mom was home. Imo, she was too close to home to decide to hide instead of run if her shirt and shoe was found in that area. moo

If her shirt and shoe was found in that area, it doesn't make sense to me that LE would say she was last seen on Maple, or that that area wouldn't have been taped so no one would be able to contaminate the crime scene.

LE has said her mom and brother are not suspects, therefore, I don't think the info about her shirt being found in that area is accurate. moo

I also read that her scent was found at the water tower.
Does anyone know if that was a spot her and her friends hung out at or if she was known to have been there within the prior three days of her disappeance? tia

I do think it is possible she was snatched at or near the park and ride.
I just don't think her shirt or shoe were found there.
I wonder who uses that park and ride, people from nearby towns who work in the bigger city nearby, who would likely have seen Lindsey frequently walk past going to and from her friends homes?
moo

all i can say is :eek:

you guys are awesome! :clap:

my daughter got a bit sick tonight...and i was unable to return to the computer until now....im still trying to catch up on all the info.....i need to get some shut eye.....but...man..you guys did some great stuff tonight!!!! :clap::clap:

thank you all for caring so much for our Lindsey.....fingers crossed this case is solved soon!! :)

I do think it is possible she was snatched at or near the park and ride.
I just don't think her shirt or shoe were found there.
I wonder who uses that park and ride, people from nearby towns who work in the bigger city nearby, who would likely have seen Lindsey frequently walk past going to and from her friends homes?
moo

The park and ride is generally empty...about the only time it has cars in it is when something is going on at the park like softball games or soccer depending on the season. The rest of the time I've only seen 1-2 cars in it, if any.

If they found the "hoodie" and her "flip flops" the night she went missing, why did they say she was wearing those items on the lost posters?

I would have thought they would have said she was shoeless and wearing *such and such* tshirt.

I don't think Lindsey made it to the park, park and ride or even on her street. If someone was chasing her behind the Shell.. why would she go towards the park instead of her house? If she was in the park why would she run in the opposite direction towards the Shell instead of her house?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie
Back