WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the "sex-capade" accidental death theory, I respectfully submit for consideration:

If she died accidentally (in any fashion), why the BFT? Why the stabbing? The death certificate cites both of these as contributors to COD.

I just don't see those being "accidental." Strangulation, maybe...

BFT and stabbing could be considered overkill at that juncture. Maybe panic sets in and you want to make sure there is no more life. Just speculation of course. Just trying to see from the other side. If this wasn't premeditated, we need to get inside the mind of the killer and access what he might have encountered.

Black Tire Marks

1. averageguy mentioned he saw black tire marks in the driveway of the CB property.

2. Sherlock_9 confirms that he also saw black tire marks in the driveway of the CB home when he was there Saturday "If I recall correctly, they were about midway on the flat pavement adjacent to the garage".

IIRC someone on here also thought they saw black tire marks at the Spec Home property, IIRC in the driveway about halfway up... who here said that?

I wonder if there are black tire marks at the boat ramp, on the asphalt up PC where the car was found, and in the perp's driveway? That could be a common thread for someone who always stomps on the gas (with a vehicle capable of laying rubber), or instead someone enraged when in a vehicle at all of those location, and enraged over the same thing.

The pictures of PC that were linked yesterday show tire marks on the pavement. I am not sure where they were posted.

Unless I missed something, Target sighting is rumor. Has been relayed here from what folks "heard". Although, I must say, I have heard this rumor in the community also.

It is a rumor, but I heard it from a fella that MC's bf JV went to stay with for the 2 weeks following her disappearance, so I think it's fairly reliable.

Sorry but I disagree with categorizing WC as a smart woman. Any parent that learned a 17-year old raped their 12-year old and then fails to show up at the court hearing is not smart, but more like inept and fostering child endangerment. IMO I am stunned that CPS or the court would not intervene on a child's behalf at that point. FYI in other states that predator would have been in jail for decades due to differences in law state-to-state. Now he's out on the streets with his long record soon to be expunged of those 2005 rapes (rumor). This was a lack of safety issue for a child, and now we are talking about the worst case reality when safety disappears.

According to the WA court website the court hearing that she did not attend was for a restraining order. He did spend time in jail for the crime. He is not attempting to expunge his record at this time but to have it "redacted" because of all the attention this has called to it. Also, because he was a minor when the crime occurred.

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/

I've been wondering about this. I worked as a Realtor for a while and holding open houses for other Realtors was very common. Often times, a successful Realtor with several listings will offer to let other Realtors who might not have as many clients hold an open house for them. It was beneficial to the Realtor who's listing it was because they didn't have to be there, and it was beneficial to the person at the open house because they were able to meet people looking for houses. It can be a good way to try and get new clients.

If something happened in that house, having someone else hold an open house would be a good way to get a lot of people walking through, touching things, leaving fingerprints, shedding hairs etc... it would be a really good way to contaminate a crime scene.

IIRC the local/regional realtors association offered to do this open house to assist with marketing at this property on 2/14 for WC and they appeared to assist in initiation of the "Cowell Family Fund" at Wells Fargo Bank "to assist the family with funeral costs" according to the memorial program.

As noted earlier, WC put a plea out on FB on 2/15 for lodging accomodations for her family who was expected to arrive from far and wide.

The following is complete SPECULATION: It just occurred to me why someone wouldn't try to have their family all together in a luxurious spec house so they could reunite and grieve collectively & privately in a single location?? Just thinking outloud - anyone else thought about this possibility? :waitasec:

Still searching for meanings, if any,

slm - the arabic root of Islam meaning "to be whole and at peace"

http://www.jrank.org/cultures/pages/5623/Islamic-mythology.html

This site defines it as "to make peace, to surrender"
http://www.instadv.ucsb.edu/93106/2001/oct8/islam/islam.html

Did you see my post that "SLM" may mean Satellite Loop Mode (or Map)---which is used to set up a fixed point for an infrared satellite photo to be taken to see if there is a body (or decaying body material) underground.?? On the other hand it may not mean that.........

As noted earlier, WC put a plea out on FB on 2/15 for lodging accomodations for her family who was expected to arrive from far and wide.

The following is complete SPECULATION: It just occurred to me why someone wouldn't try to have their family all together in a luxurious spec house so they could reunite and grieve collectively & privately in a single location?? Just thinking outloud - anyone else thought about this possibility? :waitasec:

Was the spec house furnished and ready for people to actually stay there?

Yesterday someone posted a link to kpq about a lady who was on white tail road, forced off the road, and choked by a man. She was helped by other people driving by. There is another article in the WW world tonight. It says the guy was drunk. It sounded scary and crazy. The police did not press charges at the time (they claim the lady was uncooperative, but that sounds fishy to me) and the guy (75 yrs old) was let go. All I can think about is, what if this guy did the same thing to MC and was successful. This sounds really scary! They need to investigate this more I think. Way more.

IIRC the local/regional realtors association offered to do this open house to assist with marketing at this property on 2/14 for WC and they appeared to assist in initiation of the "Cowell Family Fund" at Wells Fargo Bank "to assist the family with funeral costs" according to the memorial program.

not the first time this has crossed my mind, and I feel ecstatic to second your statement...

Did you see my post that "SLM" may mean Satellite Loop Mode (or Map)---which is used to set up a fixed point for an infrared satellite photo to be taken to see if there is a body (or decaying body material) underground.?? On the other hand it may not mean that.........

Or...just speculation here, what about a reference point for a "Total Station" Forensic Mapping of the crime scene? Note the attached reference information www.crime-scene-investigator.net/forensicmapping.html

A death certificate has to be ordered and paid for - can't just request it. I want to find out the skinny just as much as the next person, but I think I'd be a little creeped out ordering a death certificate relating to someone I don't know. JMOO.

I may know someone who has seen the death certificate. I will see what I can find out.

Was the spec house furnished and ready for people to actually stay there?

Not sure, but even it wasn't the community has been SO supportive how difficult would it be to get the house ready for company even if just temporarily?

What confuses me is most of the markers in Puff's map are on one side of the river. But her body was found on the opposite side of the river... and only a few bridges cross over...seems difficult if it was planned this way. Why not just drop her in the National forest adjacent to PC?

I think---because her body would have been found (there would have been a search by her car) and also because her body was never anywhere near PC at any point----just IMO

AutumnRose- do you have any new information to share with us?

I also thought there were a couple of people who were going to do some investigative digging for us....checking out a coffee stand, asking for a copy of the death certificate??

Any new information should hopefully lead us in the direction of filling some of the gaps in our theories.

I'm trying to get caught up. I did not get to auto mocha today. Had 2 bad news phone calls today. Have to babysit the grandson in the morning, so will definitely go for coffee after.

WC had been telling anyone that would listen how poor and broke she was. the realtors decided to have an open house in hopes of selling WC spec that had set empty for two years and help her out..yes financially.

WC has been milking this whole drama financially and attention wise. Every since the first day MC went missing. Grieving mom or Drama Queen??

How could she not know about the open house or search for that matter?

It seems that the right hand (LE) didn't know what the left hand (realtors) was doing. Or maybe somebody planned it that way to scramble evidence.

All of the above is rumor, of course.

The only mention I've seen of Wendy needing any kind of help is her asking for places for her brothers to stay when they came to town for the memorial. And her friends were more than eager to help her out. IF she were such a wretch, I doubt those who know her best would be willing to open their homes to her relatives.

Want to add... just my speculation...there seems to be some jealousy of WC by the women in Wenatchee. That's the only explanation I can come up with as to why there's so much sniping at WC, who's a mother who lost her daughter in the most tragic way. I notice that all of these "reports" are vague and in passive voice. IF there were any truth to any of this, then we'd hear exactly what WC is doing to be such a money-grubbing poormouther.

just a question...
my mind keeps going back to the different paints used to mark the CB site... why 2 different colors? what if LE used one color, and the other color (yellow) was used by a "gang" to "tag" their crime? could the "SLM" be the gang name, like Chelan's i think is "BLP"? and the yellow "B" that was near could mean something to the "gang"? just thinking... anyone have anything that will close the door on this line of thought?

County vs. FBI?

or---one is for satellite infrared photos and the other is for some other purpose

or----one is for MC and the other is for another murder???

WOW. Interesting info from the Makesmewonder team! If I were hurting financially, I would probably sell a car I didn't need, list my houses for cheaper to get a quicker sale, etc. I'm probably half WC's age & I could think of better ways to gain financial ground than to tell people how broke I was. She seems like a smart and educated woman, too. MOO of course...

Well, ya know................those new trucks ain't cheap!

I apologize for even saying this. It was mean and unnecessary. Ugliness.

Here is the link to Statutory Rape laws state-by-state http://www.cga.ct.gov/2003/olrdata/jud/rpt/2003-r-0376.htm

The predator in 2005 served only around 50 days ... it is clear someone dropped the ball because the sentence can be up to 5 years. He was also very close (by age) to committing 1st degree rape, which is up to life in jail in WA. There is no such thing as sex with a 12-year old ... it is rape.

Because the spec house was not furnished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew