WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The house is not in lower sunnyslope. It is in the new development at the top of School Street (Burch Mt.)

Speaking of that home....When I went by it yesterday, I can NOT imagine anyone going there past dark to do ANYTHING! It's not very private....although it is a corner lot, it's very close to the neighbors and also the way it faces the home across the street.

Two things that made me go HMMM... was the fact there are black tire marks in the driveway where someone either skid out of the driveway or came to a stop abruptly OR turned hard on the driveway in the summer and left rubber. (Could be from LE?) Also the back of the house, reminds me of the back of the CB house...it is VERY, VERY similiar.

No, I think there is good reason to wonder, as I outlined in my above post.

Why with so very little info, would the spokesman specifically confirm the mom and mom's BF were interviewed multiple times by the FBI? No report was made of this being the case with dad and his fiancee. No report was made of this being the case with Mac's BF. Why specifically mom and her BF?

Who confirmed this?

Speaking of that home....When I went by it yesterday, I can NOT imagine anyone going there past dark to do ANYTHING! It's not very private....although it is a corner lot, it's very close to the neighbors and also the way it faces the home across the street.

Two things that made me go HMMM... was the fact there are black tire marks in the driveway where someone either skid out of the driveway or came to a stop abruptly OR turned hard on the driveway in the summer and left rubber. (Could be from LE?) Also the back of the house, reminds me of the back of the CB house...it is VERY, VERY similiar.

Interesting. I wonder if both homes utilized the same local builder?

True, as well. I just wanted to correct assumptions that there is an abundance of wealth there. They are victims, and in shock and mourning. Convicting them and having them hire top notch attorneys is ludicrous to me.
That is my point.

Oh I TOTALLY agree.... Im not swayed one way or the other as far as EITHER of them being guilty or associated with what happened to MC...I also agree they are in mourning...the fact that they were not on the ground crying, well all I have to say is this.... You come to a point where you CANT cry anymore. And the funeral was the day before the memorial, maybe the day of the funeral was their day of grieving, and the memorial was to CELEBRATE MCs life. Maybe she figured MC wouldnt have wanted her to cry, but to remember the good? IDK... I have lost VERY close loved ones, this is how it was/is for me.

From the real estate site pictures it looks lived in. Has furniture in it etc. Unless it's been staged.

I am wondering if the PC house is staged for sales purposes, and if anyone knows if it has been searched and/or if any evidence came from that location? I have done backroads around Wenatchee and if I was trying to hide a car---Pitcher Canyon would not be my choice---its not backroad enough. I don't think that location is random. It is close to something useful to the people involved.

The people involved in this crime were fairly lazy with regards to their effort in this crime (e.g., using a more public road like Pitcher Canyon vs. a million dirt backroads away from houses, using houses and yards near roads to leave their evidence). But what seems apparent to me is that the locations were not random. They are symbolic and useful in some way.

Great post Sunhaven, I'm on the same page. Curious to hear other opinions as well?

I've always thought that theory was a little creepy as well. As a female in my twenties, I can remember how things were when I was 17 and I would have definitely been creeped out by going up some boonie hill with a middle-aged man (no offense to anyone). But, I am not her so I cannot say for sure. I have always had very supportive parents with whom I have great relationships with. Everyone's reality is different based upon their experiences in life.

I am so curious why people think WC and JF have money? Does no one understand the total slump in the housing market? She has a house payment, several thousand dollar loan payment on the spec. house, (the bank payment estimate for a purchaser is over $3000.00 a month) AND paying for two kids in college. They haven't even been connected to this crime, so why are we posting that they need attorneys?

Yeah well remember that no one has been connected to this crime. We are on here trying to figure this thing out. Just because one can afford attorneys does not mean one is wealthy. WC makes a lot more than the average person in Wenatchee, lets just say that.

The ONLY reason people are looking at JF and WC, is because of where they live, the fact they are both involved in Construction & Reality, and he wasn't at the Memorial, when in fact, who knows if he was or not. Oh and the fact WC wasn't on the ground sobbing.
http://www.griefhealing.com/column1.htm

That is not true. We are intelligent people on here and wouldn't have focused the last couple of days on these people if that were. There are many other factors that lead people to believe this: failed lie detector tests, relationship problems, LE investigating the houses etc. Do we have this much on anyone else? We are on this to try to solve the crime, not attack others for their point of views.

Was is confirmed that this house has infact been searched?

Who confirmed this?

Here's one story where it was specifically mentioned, I think it was in the WW too. So many stories, so little time ;)

http://www.king5.com/news/local/FBI-asked-to-help-search-for-missing-Wenatchee-girl-84241332.html

"Moore said a team of 10 detectives were searching the Pitcher Canyon area Friday. They are also interviewing and re-interviewing all of Mackenzie's friends and family. Mackenzie's mother and the mother's boyfriend are also being interviewed by the FBI."

Weird, huh? It almost makes it sound like regular LE detectives were interviewing everybody else, but the *FBI* was specifically interviewing mom and BF. This just sticks out like a sore thumb to me in a case with so much kept quiet.

That is not true. We are intelligent people on here and wouldn't have focused the last couple of days on these people if that were. There are many other factors that lead people to believe this: failed lie detector tests, relationship problems, LE investigating the houses etc. Do we have this much on anyone else? We are on this to try to solve the crime, not attack others for their point of views.

I hadn't heard about failed lie detectors... where was that published?

Interesting. I wonder if both homes utilized the same local builder?

I don't think a same local builder is relevant, if you are talking about the CB home, it is manufactured. Has been there for awhile. Look through county records.

Finish work and landscaping that has been completed over recent years...opens up prospects for contracted work. Different can of worms...

Here's one story where it was specifically mentioned, I think it was in the WW too. So many stories, so little time ;)

http://www.king5.com/news/local/FBI-asked-to-help-search-for-missing-Wenatchee-girl-84241332.html

"Moore said a team of 10 detectives were searching the Pitcher Canyon area Friday. They are also interviewing and re-interviewing all of Mackenzie's friends and family. Mackenzie's mother and the mother's boyfriend are also being interviewed by the FBI."

Weird, huh? It almost makes it sound like regular LE detectives were interviewing everybody else, but the *FBI* was specifically interviewing mom and BF. This just sticks out like a sore thumb to me in a case with so much kept quiet.

The date on that story is February 12th, before the body was found.

I don't think a same local builder is relevant, if you are talking about the CB home, it is manufactured. Has been there for awhile. Look through county records.

Finish work and landscaping that has been completed over recent years...opens up prospects for contracted work. Different can of worms...

Yeah, that's what I meant. Looks recently updated.

That doesn't mean they didn't have reason to be suspicious. We can't forget that they have known much more than us from very early on. Why wouldn't it be possible that someone else in the family or close friends didn't tell LE that they should specifically look in that direction? Maybe there was ample reason for them to look in that direction. We don't know, we only know that they were.

And now the phone records are being pulled.

ok it may just be me but does anyone else find it alilttle suspicious that the day after they held a huge candle light vigil MC turns up dead in CB. Kind of like someone thought that would be the perfect time to move her body out of town to CB. Just my opinion.

KXLY just covered Mackenzie's updated reward fund being at $40,000.
Also, stated there are no suspects!

I hadn't heard about failed lie detectors... where was that published?

It hasn't been- this and the spec house being a crime scene are purely rumor and has not been reported anywhere. The only thing close is the recent statement that a third scene of interest may be identified.

Well, it is absolutely reasonable that the FBI (or who ever was leading the investigation would divvy it up, multiple agencies) would be focused on the family first. They need to "profile" the victim. Where she's been, who she talks to, friends, enemies, arguments, etc...

I believe it is fair to say, this has apparently become more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value