WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some WW articles state MC's car was found at 10 pm. I was thinking it was found between 7-8 pm.

I was wondering if the last time someone used MC's phone possibly could have been the killer calling someone. I doubt it, but sometimes criminals are stupid.

Evidence at PCR? - I think LE accidentally let the cat out of the bag with this one, by telling us that someone left the car there and then asking for anyone to report anyone seen walking out of that area. We know the person left footprints from the car to asphalt. Is there any other elvidence?

I really like this list!

The LE not saying anything about the footprints, whether they were MC's or not has always puzzled me. I've wondered if LE has been so tight lipped about the footprints because they may have been associated with a female (and not MacKenzie)?

First off I wanted to say welcome to WS. We are so glad you finally registered! Yay!

I personally did not know that the two brothers in jail were related to the woman that they found dead of acute intoxication. Wow, that is very interesting. Hmmm, gonna have to think about that for a bit.

I believe the poster was asking if they were related. The last names don't match, so there's no obvious relation. After checking the obit I see names similar to the inmate brothers shown. Interesting.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/25/woman-died-of-intoxication-in-january/

I just thought it is interesting that the street the woman was found on is at the end of Squilchuck canyon so if they have any connection and live nearby said:
I thought she was found in South Wenatchee, in a vacant lot near Boozier or Boodry street.

giddyup said:
I really like this list!

The LE not saying anything about the footprints, whether they were MC's or not has always puzzled me. I've wondered if LE has been so tight lipped about the footprints because they may have been associated with a female (and not MacKenzie)?

Good question, giddy. Could be.

Here's something I wonder. Did JF show up at the Pitcher Canyon site with WC, RC, and MC's boyfriend?

Thinking Out Loud - Thanks for letting your voice and question be heard.

I believe we've got confirmed rumor that one of the brothers in jail was a past employee of mom's BF. Makes for an interesting thought.

Speculation: So, after dumping car up Pitcher, murderer walks to the brother's place to bum a ride??? It seems at this point, it might be just as easy to hop on a bus, (it shouldn't have been that late at that time). Riding the bus seems less risky then asking for a ride from ANYONE. Yet, both of the brothers have been in jail for sometime. Is that because they know something about murderers travels out of Pitcher Canyon? Or does it mean they aren't talking because they were involved in a further aspect?

I would like to know more about our car wash attendant rumor who saw a male passenger with MC. Was passenger black, white, young, old? How could he tell it was a male occupant? Short hair, balding? Which of our suspects best match that description? If one of the brothers does match, it explains the trip out of Pitcher Canyon much easier?

Remember, we are batting last in the line-up. Police likely have tons of camera angles of this suspect in the car with MC and know exactly who he is. If brothers in jail are talking they must have only helped in the moving of the car or helping the prime suspect with a ride home, (otherwise that would give police enough cause to arrest without waiting on DNA results). So either they are heavily involved in the murder and not talking or not involved in the murder at all, only possibly moving MC's car. (There is another accomplice we could involve, but I really don't wanna go there).

Here's something I wonder. Did JF show up at the Pitcher Canyon site with WC, RC, and MC's boyfriend?

According to news articles it was WC, RC and MC's bf. If he was there they didn't mention it.

Obit from newspaper: removed it

I think the guys in jail may have different first names?

Actually one of the first names matches the inmates, and the last name is mentioned in the obit. The other matches the middle name of the other inmate. Interesting.

I believe the B construction company that owned the property (according to tax records) is not the same as the company that pledged the $38,000.

sorry, misinformation. also I think that it is possible the perp may have put a bike in trunk or back seat and rode down canyon, through town and back home. It must be around 15-20 miles and could probably be done in about an hour or so?? much faster than having to walk espically that far to get back home and you would not have to call someone for a ride. just thinking.

Good question, giddy. Could be.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Was just reading articles that stated "the parents" arrived at PCR, with MC's boyfriend.

That could certainly make it more difficult to sort the footprint situation out

[

I don't know any other reason to hold all of this info except that the evidence ties to an obvious suspect, and LE is waiting on DNA results before making the arrest...that if the evidence were leaked, it would point to one person, and there would be public outrage that someone so close to Mackenzie was getting away with murder.

Eager to hear everyone else's opinions on Sherlock's list.

I'm with you Puf- I think LE knows...

My guess is that LE has released stuff that would and should let the perp(s) know they are "on to" he/she/them. It would be far easier for the perp(s) to confess- it would save LE time and money and likely spare the criminals a 1st degree murder charge.

I have thought since it's release, the film LE released to WW of Mac walking to her car was important in that it tells the perp (s) that LE has seen a lot of what occured, either in placement of car or Mac. Knowledge of the wherabouts at Boat Ramp likely places Mac with the murderer, and the cell activity and ping places the phone in places the perp may have beem spotted.

I think LE has tried to "smoke" the perp (s) out. With the DNA result release nearing, LE has divulged fewer details. I think they have given up on thsi tactic and now merely will up the loose ends and nail them to the wall. I hope....

Can someone find a home address for the brothers? Is it close to Pitcher Canyon?

So..how long would it take to walk 2ish miles? If he dropped the car off at 5, wouldn't people be coming home from work, or even 6. They noticed the car at 7. How long of a time frame does this person have to get out of the canyon, if he walked.

I don't think he walked/biked out, for the question of being "seen"

the area the woman was found dead is a very very bad of town.. meth. lab central.

and if there was a bike in car that could explain some evidence ie: dirty bike tire marks perhaps?

Wondering if one of the bros. in jail drove to abandon the vehicle and the other brother followed and met him there to drive back to town. All the while, murderer was still with the body. Possibly a quick dusting for finger prints on Mac's car came up as a hit in the data base as a match for one of the brothers. They have quite a rap sheet and most likely have been printed at some juncture. Maybe the murderer was not even at PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiseThread07