WA WA - Marla Thomas, 22, Anacortes, 11 Dec 1974

read this case and look at photos.

Maybe Marla's niece and granddaughter can take a look. I personally have some doubts Marla could be this (Nipton) Jane Doe, because this UID is supposed to never given birth (Marla had 3 children) and the storyline (Marla is supposed to be murdered by her husband). But that said, you never know.

Maybe Marla's niece and granddaughter can take a look. I personally have some doubts Marla could be this (Nipton) Jane Doe, because this UID is supposed to never given birth (Marla had 3 children) and the storyline (Marla is supposed to be murdered by her husband). But that said, you never know.
I didnt see anything about the Nipton Jane Doe not having kids...?

But, the Nipton jane doe was also almost 20 hours from where Marla went missing as well. Not saying it couldnt happen.

There is not much to go on. I read the Facebook page for Marla and noticed sadly there seem to be no people who could add to the story. Log into Facebook

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to understand a bit more about the background story and what was already done by the family.

1. If the husband did it...where could he have taken her body?
  2. Did Marla and her husband owned a car? a boat?
  3. Where was he working? Place/type of work?
  4. Marla called her sister in California on the day she vanished. Was there any recollection of what was talked about or Marla's demeanor?
  5. Did the family ever talked to the neighbors they had in 1974? Or friends.
  6. Is the husband still married? If he has an ex, maybe she is willing to talk.
  7. Who told about the comforter, where is that coming from?
  8. @JCoffey Was the husband ever arrested or convicted for rape/abuse?
  9. Did you ever checked out this Jane Doe? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
  10. Is there family DNA on file, in case an UID is found
  11. Did Marla wore particular jewelry?
  12. Were her ears pierced?
  13. Do her children recall anything, that could shed a light on the circumstances. Or were they to young?

Don't know what happened in the mean time (I'm sure this link was leading to Marla's Namus file) but now it't leading to another woman missing from Anacortes....Judith Taylor....huhhhhh??!!

Do both women actually have a DLC of 12/11, but 11 years apart? That seems awfully strange. With the the "issues" the Anacortes PD had back in the day, I wonder if the DLC for both women is correct?

Judith Taylor: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Marla Thomas: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

ETA: NAMUS links

Can you elaborate on the issues Anacortes PD had?

Bit of Hope posted about it back in post #55. The article was very interesting. I have a friend who lived in Anacortes so I was intrigued. She lived there in the later 90's though.

ETA: I just copied the name of the article and googled it. The full article is still available online archived at the Seattle Times.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77
Back