WA WA - Marla Thomas, 22, Anacortes, 11 Dec 1974

There is not much to go on. I read the Facebook page for Marla and noticed sadly there seem to be no people who could add to the story. Log into Facebook

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to understand a bit more about the background story and what was already done by the family.

1. If the husband did it...where could he have taken her body?
  2. Did Marla and her husband owned a car? a boat?
  3. Where was he working? Place/type of work?
  4. Marla called her sister in California on the day she vanished. Was there any recollection of what was talked about or Marla's demeanor?
  5. Did the family ever talked to the neighbors they had in 1974? Or friends.
  6. Is the husband still married? If he has an ex, maybe she is willing to talk.
  7. Who told about the comforter, where is that coming from?
  8. @JCoffey Was the husband ever arrested or convicted for rape/abuse?
  9. Did you ever checked out this Jane Doe? The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
  10. Is there family DNA on file, in case an UID is found
  11. Did Marla wore particular jewelry?
  12. Were her ears pierced?
  13. Do her children recall anything, that could shed a light on the circumstances. Or were they to young?

Sadly this questions are still "out there" and never answered although family are visiting this thread. It would be nice if somebody does a podcast with this questions answered. For the record, I'm just a concerned citizen, nothing more.

Sadly this questions are still "out there" and never answered although family are visiting this thread. It would be nice if somebody does a podcast with this questions answered. For the record, I'm just a concerned citizen, nothing more.

1. he was a truck driver and had potential everywhere, sadly. There was a discussion between her husband and a coworker about how easy it would be to hide a body off deception pass bridge.
2. a car, yes. Id have to look through paperwork to see what make and model. boat, unsure. i do know he either worked or helped out on a boat yard.
3.he was a trucker, miner, boat yard help, handyman and the list does go on. places would be anywhere from washington, indiana, idaho, west virginia, and others. *interesting fact* as a miner he participated in the lawsuit filed for the bunker hill mines in idaho. they were supposed to get a settlement but he said after she disappeared, it nulled out their part of the settlement.
4. referring to the letters from family and friends, her sister said that she feared he was going to kill her and she was scared for the children- hence calling her sister in the first place. what came out of that is still unknown.
5. yes. both friends and nieghbors were spoken to. one neighbor reported that marla was supposed to meet with "a man from Vancouver" and marla gave him the neighbors phone number, not her own. the neighbor then said that he reached out to her because marla never showed. nothing else was reported.
6. he did remarry, she passed.
7. one of the children. not taken into account due to age at the time.
8. no he was not.
9. unsure which jane doe you are reffering to.
10. yes. as of 2015 there are 2 different samples on file.
11. unsure.
12. sadly, also unsure.
13. unfortunately, this isnt a topic that the family will openly discuss- all for conflicting reasons. the oldest was 4 at the time.

sorry for not responding right away. i used to get emails for this thread and for whatever reason, i did not.

1. he was a truck driver and had potential everywhere, sadly. There was a discussion between her husband and a coworker about how easy it would be to hide a body off deception pass bridge.
2. a car, yes. Id have to look through paperwork to see what make and model. boat, unsure. i do know he either worked or helped out on a boat yard.
3.he was a trucker, miner, boat yard help, handyman and the list does go on. places would be anywhere from washington, indiana, idaho, west virginia, and others. *interesting fact* as a miner he participated in the lawsuit filed for the bunker hill mines in idaho. they were supposed to get a settlement but he said after she disappeared, it nulled out their part of the settlement.
4. referring to the letters from family and friends, her sister said that she feared he was going to kill her and she was scared for the children- hence calling her sister in the first place. what came out of that is still unknown.
5. yes. both friends and nieghbors were spoken to. one neighbor reported that marla was supposed to meet with "a man from Vancouver" and marla gave him the neighbors phone number, not her own. the neighbor then said that he reached out to her because marla never showed. nothing else was reported.
6. he did remarry, she passed.
7. one of the children. not taken into account due to age at the time.
8. no he was not.
9. unsure which jane doe you are reffering to.
10. yes. as of 2015 there are 2 different samples on file.
11. unsure.
12. sadly, also unsure.
13. unfortunately, this isnt a topic that the family will openly discuss- all for conflicting reasons. the oldest was 4 at the time.

sorry for not responding right away. i used to get emails for this thread and for whatever reason, i did not.
Thank you for all the answers @skyski and being patient with me. I realized it were a lot of questions. This is the link for the UID I was talking about. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Hopes up for Marla.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kyry73191
Back