WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

GloSeattle, I thought about the cruise docks, too -- easy to throw your wallet & identifiable items into the Pacific before docking in Seattle....

Being in OB/GYN yes mid to late 30's is Pre-Menopausal - depending on how old you are when your cycle started. The earlier you start the earlier you start on the end of things. This is why women that are age 35 or older and are pregnant get T21 genetic scan for likelihood of many deformities caused by having a child late in life when your eggs are old. I started hot flashes at 37, thought I had a fever or the flu LoL

Does anyone have a link?
I have been looking at the sketch to see if I can match her to anyone missing,
A morgue picture would help more.
Thank you.

Having just read about the UID who took cyanide in an LA hotel in 1993 (and has a morgue pic), I really wish we had morgue photos for Mary.

Re: the jewelry. Maybe it's me, but I don't think it's odd that she had no jewelry on her. I rarely wear any, and when I do, it's necklaces--which I don't often bring on trips with me and especially can't see doing if I planned to kill myself. MOO

ETA: I just found the post-mortem pic earlier in this thread.

Morgue Pic?
Do you have the link?
I would like to see it.
I think the sketch makes her look smooth skinned and younger than age that she is supposed to be.
Thank you
Websurfer

Yes, we've never had a medical examiner report here to look at to see exactly what or how they investigated. I think I will call on Monday and see if I can get anything under the public records act. It's been nearly 20 years, I would think it would be open now if you apply. Be nice to know if they called local retailers, or if there were any leads that they didn't check out, or other notes we didn't get in the reporters story.

It would help to see actual reports rather than just words.Also pictures and whatever else they have that may help.Since it has gone absolutely nowhere since she was found. That would say to me the public can not help with what is out there. but may be able to help with more information.

Not that I can find. That seems odd.
I know she's on the Doe Network as an unidentified person... I spoke with the King County Medical Examiners office. I was told there is information that is withheld pending identification: For instance, the person always had this in their possession, that would identify the person in that case. I was told, "the people here know what they're doing" and I was told that they can't release information except to a family member. My question was if there is a DNA sample of our Mary Anderson or any other information that could be released regarding the case, even though they are the professionals and know what they're doing, to get the information out there on social media might be helpful in solving the case. I was told that "there are no leads, so that's why nothing additionally has been released." I persisted and left a message for Kathy Taylor, the anthropologist there to call me back with any additional information she could provide. I referenced our Web Sleuth's page, and that 100's of people have been looking and are quite interested in helping. Hopefully, we can glean some information that we haven't had before - but it sounds like I may not get anywhere with this request. :-(

It would help to see actual reports rather than just words.Also pictures and whatever else they have that may help.Since it has gone absolutely nowhere since she was found. That would say to me the public can not help with what is out there. but may be able to help with more information.
We'll see what they have to say if anything, I left a message for Kathy Taylor...it doesn't sound like the public's help is valued or that legally additional information can be released, based on the women who answered my call at the KCME :-(

It's linked on post #130 of this thread, with further discussion. Here's the direct link to the pic:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=2176

It's not that different. I just think she looks younger, maybe because her eyes are closed.

That's not, to my understanding, and actual "morgue picture" it's a picture of how she was found in the hotel. It's the only picture I know of that's been released, that's officially of her. Several artists sketch's and renditions have been done since then (but in my opinion look nothing like the sleeping like photo here.)

That's not, to my understanding, and actual "morgue picture" it's a picture of how she was found in the hotel. It's the only picture I know of that's been released, that's officially of her. Several artists sketch's and renditions have been done since then (but in my opinion look nothing like the sleeping like photo here.)

Right, I meant "post-mortem". You can actually see the open Bible by her face.

I know she's on the Doe Network as an unidentified person... I spoke with the King County Medical Examiners office. I was told there is information that is withheld pending identification: For instance, the person always had this in their possession, that would identify the person in that case. I was told, "the people here know what they're doing" and I was told that they can't release information except to a family member. My question was if there is a DNA sample of our Mary Anderson or any other information that could be released regarding the case, even though they are the professionals and know what they're doing, to get the information out there on social media might be helpful in solving the case. I was told that "there are no leads, so that's why nothing additionally has been released." I persisted and left a message for Kathy Taylor, the anthropologist there to call me back with any additional information she could provide. I referenced our Web Sleuth's page, and that 100's of people have been looking and are quite interested in helping. Hopefully, we can glean some information that we haven't had before - but it sounds like I may not get anywhere with this request. :-(

Thank you for contacting them. Their response is really frustrating--and odd, considering there had been a bit of publicity surrounding her case that made it seem like they wanted the public's help. I wonder if this is why she isn't in Namus. It's almost like they don't care if she's identified. :banghead:

Now I'm annoyed. I started rereading this thread and it looks like posters had contacted the King County ME a few years ago and actually got some minor details (or at least weren't told their help wasn't needed). Plus, the former KC ME seemed very invested in this case. Such a shame if this is the attitude the currency staff has.

Pulling this article forward, as it references the former ME:

http://wahmee.com/misc_kcmeo.pdf

Just some thoughts:

I'd attribute her clothing choice to being a non-local, for sure. Many people fall prey to the "it's farther north, so it must be colder" fallacy in regard to Seattle. My friends/family in the Mid-Atlantic and South were amazed that I had a full garden blooming in April. They also assumed it was colder here than there in the winter. They didn't know how the wind origins and wind patterns keep it warmer here during that time of the year.

Also, if we're talking about the same Tylenol/cyanide scare, that was in 1982, which was quite a bit before 1996. Not really sure if that would have any impact at that point or not.

The post mortem looks like she is wearing eyeshadow and lipstick. Do we know if she was? I know she had makeup in her possession. It sounds like something a person might do: try to look their best before committing suicide. Or maybe this is natural discoloration after death?

I think her photo and the sketches show an older woman than the age range given. As someone in mid-40s, to me she looks at least over 50. Plus there seems to be maybe some vertical lines over her upper lip. Prior smoker maybe?

The post mortem looks like she is wearing eyeshadow and lipstick. Do we know if she was? I know she had makeup in her possession. It sounds like something a person might do: try to look their best before committing suicide. Or maybe this is natural discoloration after death?

I think her photo and the sketches show an older woman than the age range given. As someone in mid-40s, to me she looks at least over 50. Plus there seems to be maybe some vertical lines over her upper lip. Prior smoker maybe?

Yes, I think the reports mention that she was at least wearing lipstick. There are some photo edits earlier in this thread where posters altered the post-mortem pic and sketch to show what she would look like in color and with makeup.

Now I'm annoyed. I started rereading this thread and it looks like posters had contacted the King County ME a few years ago and actually got some minor details (or at least weren't told their help wasn't needed). Plus, the former KC ME seemed very invested in this case. Such a shame if this is the attitude the currency staff has.

Pulling this article forward, as it references the former ME:

http://wahmee.com/misc_kcmeo.pdf

The wahmee article is not on the web any longer it’s been taken down. I found a copy of it at: I think it's in this old deleted article by Todd Matthews "Something About Mary" I found a website where there's a copy of it along with the cipher article which was also taken off the net:
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/archive...013&t=823074-1

Todd Matthews article and the Carol Smith Article from the PI state she was in full makeup (hair neatly groomed, eye shadow: blue, and lipstick). It was my understanding her top plate was not in her mouth at the time of the photo after death. I can't find now where that was stated. It is also my understanding that after drinking cyanide the actual skin color changes. She was called the "Tan Lady" in an older article that I'm not seeing on the web where it used to be, because her skin was so dark. Cyanide will take a "rosy" facial color and turn it into a tanned looking tone. In addition, she'd presumably been dead a few days, and laying down being dead all of your muscles in your face start to sag and shrivel up. (I know this because my mother passed away in December and she was NOT embalmed. When I went to see her several days after her death, her mouth was sagging and visual changes had occurred to her appearance. In fact an interesting observation was decomposition had actually pulled her facial muscles smooth on her face reducing her laugh line, but increasing the line at the crease of the mouth making her appear a lot different than she looked in life.) I hope I'm not offending anyone by speaking of my observation with my mother...if I have I apologize, sincerely. One never knows the people who read here what things they have going on in their lives, so I'm sorry if I seem insensitive. Being in the medical profession has it's down side in that we like police can tend to be observers and orators of fact and come off a bit heartless or insensitive.

Just some thoughts:

I'd attribute her clothing choice to being a non-local, for sure. Many people fall prey to the "it's farther north, so it must be colder" fallacy in regard to Seattle. My friends/family in the Mid-Atlantic and South were amazed that I had a full garden blooming in April. They also assumed it was colder here than there in the winter. They didn't know how the wind origins and wind patterns keep it warmer here during that time of the year.

Also, if we're talking about the same Tylenol/cyanide scare, that was in 1982, which was quite a bit before 1996. Not really sure if that would have any impact at that point or not.

True, but then again (just me throwing a devil's advocate monkey wrench in) on the date she checked in it was 0 degrees in some cities in Alaska, so she might have come from a colder climate to here and was shocked to encounter 80 degrees. Or, let's say she didn't come from a warmer or a colder climate and the clothing choices were another attempt at being anonymous and were NOT the type of clothing she would wear in real life. I mean the more I think about it...velour, really? That was NOT a style I would ever wear (that was VERY old school in my opinion). I was wearing (I'm 59 now so not young) natural fiber fabrics, cottons, linens, Merlino wool, etc... Yes, leggings made sense - what she was wearing at death for her age group I wore them, and the turtle neck sweater - yes... something I would wear with leggings totally. NOT velour outfits in various colors. Perhaps those colors hold a clue? They were the colors of gem stones :)

The cyanide issue: yes, it was in 1982 and the Jonestown cyanide “drink the Kool-aid” occurred in 1978. This was why I believe the ME’s office stated cyanide was not easy to come by after this because of the ease by which it could be obtained before. If you read Todd’s article the ME goes on to state that they even tried to look at the chemical composition hoping it would identify where the cyanide was manufactured and that was a dead end. (So another monkey wrench: what if she were some sort of vendor to jewelry stores who traveled and obtained the cyanide from VARIOUS locations, a wee small amount over time? That would of course take time and I don't think her suicide was planned much more in advance that 3 weeks tops. This assumption is based on her bringing gloves and a winter snow mobile type severe weather winter coat, and Seattle's high temperature on September 13th, 1996. That theory blows up though if she ends up being from a city in Alaska that was colder when she arrived here.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back