Identified! WA - Spokane Co., Wht/NtvAmFem UP12065, Jan'14 - Maria Vega

Ah, what was cause of death? Do we know? Any blunt force trauma, bullet holes, or just hypothermia? Drowning? In the end it doesn't really help identify the UID, but.. it's nice to know.

What about the mother of the little boy who was found in the river, I forget the case name, just that the little boy was found dead, and the mother remained missing. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Ah, what was cause of death? Do we know? Any blunt force trauma, bullet holes, or just hypothermia? Drowning? In the end it doesn't really help identify the UID, but.. it's nice to know.

I believe the article states no trauma and therefore not believed to be a crime. But I agree it's important to clarify.

What about the mother of the little boy who was found in the river, I forget the case name, just that the little boy was found dead, and the mother remained missing. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

No... Was this recent? Our lady is 45-65 years old. Unless you mean the boy was found years ago and are suggesting his mother just died now.

The composite doesn't look anything like Shantina. But I've always thought she is still alive. Here's her thread. WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh! I didn't think of Shantina. Thought we were still talking about the Spokane River. I don't think this is her for a number of reasons, including height, age, and her tattoos. Also, I believe we are working off a cleaned-up morgue photo here, not a composite.

It was interesting to read about the river currents, because that explains why there is such a large part of the river she could have gone in on, and also explains why she could have entered the river as far down stream as North Argonne Road. If it was a suicide, there is SUCH a long range of places she could have jumped. If it was a suicide and she wasn't homeless, what about cars abandoned in the area, within a quick walk of the river? Though I would imagine they would have checked that?

Spokane Jane's profile was updated today. Namus now lists her as having brown eyes. Not sure if that is accurate because she had been in the river for at least two weeks. I think I've read that brown is the default eye color for UIDs? In any case, if anyone has additional questions on this Doe, let me know and I will send them to Ms Nelson at the ME's office.

There are now 13 rule outs for this lady:

Mary Burns 1947 Washington
Kristen Cunningham 1946 California
Laura Flink 1947 Washington
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Susan Jacobson 1954 California
Donna Manson 1954 Washington
Ann McCall 1961 Oregon
Laurie Partridge 1957 Washington
Laurie Partridge 1957 Washington
TAMMY SMITH 1962 Washington
Molly Waddington 1968 Washington
Alisa Watson 1957 Washington
Verla Winter 1939 Washington

While I like both Molly and Kim, I find Kim to be more facially similar.

Carol Nee? Massachusetts woman who walked out of a friend's house in December and hasn't been seen since. Age and weight are in range, height is close.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index....than_answers_as_search_drags_on_for_mass.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23080/0/

I keep looking at her. Not sure that she could get from NY to WA and into the river in two weeks, but anything is possible.

List of possible matches discussed here so far:

Carol Nee
Kim Remmel
Polly Lee Elliott
Barbara Durant

I'm happy to submit one or more of them to my contact at the ME's office. Any thoughts?

I keep looking at her. Not sure that she could get from NY to WA and into the river in two weeks, but anything is possible.

List of possible matches discussed here so far:

Carol Nee
Kim Remmel
Polly Lee Elliott
Barbara Durant

I'm happy to submit one or more of them to my contact at the ME's office. Any thoughts?

Isn't she Poppy Lee Elliott, not Polly? She has quite a good resemblance facially, though her description says she's blonde. Kim looks blonde. I'm not wild about either one, but they're both possible.

Carol Nee is thought to have taken her handbag with ID, keys, phone, etc. so she probably had access to enough resources to travel by bus or whatever, so the distance might not be a problem. I'd like to know whether she had any connections in Washington that might have taken her there. I'd be more enthusiastic about her if there was something.

Durant looks like a good possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starrynight8974
Back