WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
wannabesleuthkk said:
well, my dinner was great, how about ya'lls.
Roasted cornish hen with butter and rosemary with asparagus and wild rice.
I'm so thankful to be able to enjoy a big fat meal again. I've got key lime pie waiting too.

hey scandi, everyone, help me look for faces:

http://www.picture-history.com/portraits-index-001.htm
OOD you'll like the quality photography. i love B&W

kk
Thanks- I love photographs:) :) , except ones of myself though

This photo gives me a distinct feeling about who Lyle was. Entitled 'Zuni Bead Worker':

Zuni-Bead-Worker-th.jpg

Scandi

looking through that last pictoral, i did see many Zuni faces that had similar chins. Noses weren't as long as plains tribes either. Some Hopi and Mohave natives look familiar too.

kk

anybody here know about dominant gene science.?
I'm wondering, if we're trying to place Lyle around a certain tribe and find his 'lineage' to help ID him, are we looking for a white mother, Indian father or maybe an indian woman who had an anglo man's child. Whose genes would have been dominate in facial features? I saw a pic of a Skokomish man that had white features, thinner lips, and the caption named him as son of native woman and a named white farmer. Not sure which way to think on this.
kk

Regarding the mental hospital theory...

I'm not sure if this really fits the reason Lyle did not have a tan. Most psychiatric hospitalizations last just 5-7 days and are used to stabilize the patient. The insurance companies won't pay for more time than necessary (according to them, anyway), so long-term "institutionalization" type hospitalizations are quite rare these days.

If he was hospitalized for a length of time, he would more than likely gain weight from the medications. I doubt that the ME tested him for every drug under the sun so we won't know if he was on an antidepressant, mood stabilizer, or anything of that nature.

I really think the weight loss was due to depression because there are no pertinent medical findings that point to any type of physical ailment. Perhaps he was quite isolative or even agoraphobic which would help account for his lack of apparent sun exposure.

I still lean towards the thought that he was a student (because of the book references) or employed in an engineering-type or technical setting (because of the handwriting). Perhaps he worked long hours deep inside some type of plant or office building.

annemc2 said:
Regarding the mental hospital theory...

I'm not sure if this really fits the reason Lyle did not have a tan. Most psychiatric hospitalizations last just 5-7 days and are used to stabilize the patient. The insurance companies won't pay for more time than necessary (according to them, anyway), so long-term "institutionalization" type hospitalizations are quite rare these days.

If he was hospitalized for a length of time, he would more than likely gain weight from the medications. I doubt that the ME tested him for every drug under the sun so we won't know if he was on an antidepressant, mood stabilizer, or anything of that nature.

I really think the weight loss was due to depression because there are no pertinent medical findings that point to any type of physical ailment. Perhaps he was quite isolative or even agoraphobic which would help account for his lack of apparent sun exposure.

I still lean towards the thought that he was a student (because of the book references) or employed in an engineering-type or technical setting (because of the handwriting). Perhaps he worked long hours deep inside some type of plant or office building.
I'm gonna say office worker

check with ccm on that med check. he may have had some pharmaceuticals tested for. may be routine for this type of case. an obviously depressed individual.

maybe he worked in a morgue.
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
anybody here know about dominant gene science.?
I'm wondering, if we're trying to place Lyle around a certain tribe and find his 'lineage' to help ID him, are we looking for a white mother, Indian father or maybe an indian woman who had an anglo man's child. Whose genes would have been dominate in facial features? I saw a pic of a Skokomish man that had white features, thinner lips, and the caption named him as son of native woman and a named white farmer. Not sure which way to think on this.
kk

I don't think it really matters. In Lyle's case, the Indian genes were a bit more predominant than the White genes, which is what matters, right? :waitasec: LOL

And we think he went back to his roots at 'the end of the earth' to leave this life. That says mountains about him. Steeped in indian traditions and lore IMHO.

Scandi

there are some males whose genes aren't dominant. we know that his main features are indian, but did he get that from his mom or dad?
so when i get a little more info on his probable tribe and potential geneology, it's gonna be easier to discover his pedigree if i knew which parent was native.
nodomean?
it's just one of my geneology angles i'm working among other things.....

kk

that peninsula is sacred to many tribes and i got too tunnel visioned for a minute. it may have been a coincidence that he stopped there but is still tied to one of the tribes in the area. he could also have been from michigan and just headed west for some reason and Idaho was a stopping point on trip. I'll still check throughout northern plains all the way west thru idaho and see what rings bells.

i've only been on here 4 wks, i've got a long way to go yet.
i'm gonna have to just let it go for a week and hope i dont' miss anything too exciting while i'm gone.

ta ta
kk

Ya lil' Hound Dog, PM or email me your address for that week and I'll keep you perfectly up to date at a certain time every day. Done deal!

Where do the Zuni hail from? What we have to do is seperate his white and indian features when we are looking at photos. I';ve been looking for that jaw and it is definately not indian! LOL

Nitey Nite et Bon Soire mes ami Scandi

these are names i've come across this week in my searches all found in southern plains and sw desert. you can really see facial changes as you shift across the country. an old friend and his family had an indian store where they sold things from little fetishes, sw native carvings, and affordable jewelry up to $10,000 chiefs blankets. i spent hours in that store. One thing i learned was about the Hopi dolls and how the art and materials was so different among these tribes like the Zuni.
great stuff they had.
the Hopi's are my favorite of that area.
well, back to idaho for a few
kk

Zuni - New Mexico.. Nopey Nope. Idaho, The Shoshone and Nex Pierce. Possibly.

See, the problem is you have to view everything in the right plane. Take the Nez Pierce. From the Spokane WA area into northern Idaho. If he was one he was not the traditioal rock 'em sock' em warrior type, looking stoic and so self assured as they all do to me. But he could still be one and loved to read and study, and maybe do artwork like beading.

Scandi

i'm reading allabout Chief Joseph of Nez right now. still not seeing a match on a chin but he coulda got his from the white parent too.
nite nite scandi
kk

Ya, I think that brutally bold chin of his is ancestral from his white ancestors, as I really think 99% of every indian I've looked at here has somewhat of a pointy chin and very few clefts peek through in any photos! LOL And a lot of the indians through Idaho and Montana at Custer's last stand, and in the Dakotas with the Little Big Horn all had basicly round plump faces, except for the men on Stallions. LOL

Euftameta, I'm off to bed. Early to rise for me at 7am

Scandi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members