WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
gardenmom said:
Wow, you look so much older on here! :D I wish I still had your youth. I am 38 now, and I still have another 5 years ahead of me. At my rate, maybe more. :blushing:
I've had people tell me that and I don't have a problem with it :D
I'd rather people tell me that than calling me an "airhead"- which I'm not :)

BTW, I couldn't find JCO's "You Must Remember This" book :(
But I did pick up her book "I Am No One You Know" out of interest :D

wannabesleuthkk said:
don't forget EFX that someone much earlier did throw out the theory of his involvement in terrorism. Maybe he was of arab descent?
I'm not really sold on that idea. but its a thought.
kk

I think several or at least two of the terrorists were Egyptian, and I know Attah {sp} was. I don't think he was a terrorist because his hands didn't give any inkling he had used them for anything where they might get dirty, calloused or well used. And he was so very thin, and you couldn't be that thin and be heaqlthy enough to pull anything off, at least IMHO.

Scandi

scandi said:
I think several or at least two of the terrorists were Egyptian, and I know Attah {sp} was. I don't think he was a terrorist because his hands didn't give any inkling he had used them for anything where they might get dirty, calloused or well used. And he was so very thin, and you couldn't be that thin and be heaqlthy enough to pull anything off, at least IMHO.

Scandi
I wondered if there was a flaw in the "terrorism" theory- you have a good point there

OOD i started that book. The title story is about two brothers visiting their father in an assisted living type facility. I didn't finish it, so no spoilers please.
lol

kk

well folks, gotta sign off for a while. like til tomorrow.
scandi, don't worry about updating me til Monday. I'll see ya.

kk

I'm going to hit the sack and watch a little bit of TV and get some good sleep tonight. See ya tomorrow!

Scandi

outofthedark said:
Reading all this stuff about the Native Americans is quite fun seeing as I'm not learning about it right now in school

No kidding! I hated high school so I got married when I was sixteen, and had two babies before turning 20. As soon as I left high school, I loved to go to the library to read everything I was really interested in studying. I did read a later post of yours where you say you want to be a pathologist at a morgue. Did you get that from watching the crime shows?

Anyway, you're young enough to be my grandchild, and I'm so impressed with your maturity. Just don't forget to be a teenager, you have a lot of years to be an old fart like most of us. :)

wannabesleuthkk said:
OOD i started that book. The title story is about two brothers visiting their father in an assisted living type facility. I didn't finish it, so no spoilers please.
lol

kk
Don't worry- just picked it up from the library today

WhiteWolf said:
No kidding! I hated high school so I got married when I was sixteen, and had two babies before turning 20. As soon as I left high school, I loved to go to the library to read everything I was really interested in studying. I did read a later post of yours where you say you want to be a pathologist at a morgue. Did you get that from watching the crime shows?

Anyway, you're young enough to be my grandchild, and I'm so impressed with your maturity. Just don't forget to be a teenager, you have a lot of years to be an old fart like most of us. :)
I pretty much want to be a pathologist due to my interest in both the human anatomy and from watching a show on the L.A. County Morgue

outofthedark said:
I pretty much want to be a pathologist due to my interest in both the human anatomy and from watching a show on the L.A. County Morgue

I've watched the LA County Morgue on cable, too. All of the pathologists seem so dedicated to their work. Also, so many different manners of death. The tiny oriental woman (sorry, don't remember her name, but she had black hair with spikey bangs) was so smart, she was totally professional. How many years to you have to go to school to become a pathologist?

Sorry everyone if this is off topic, but what the hey.

WhiteWolf said:
I've watched the LA County Morgue on cable, too. All of the pathologists seem so dedicated to their work. Also, so many different manners of death. The tiny oriental woman (sorry, don't remember her name, but she had black hair with spikey bangs) was so smart, she was totally professional. How many years to you have to go to school to become a pathologist?

Sorry everyone if this is off topic, but what the hey.
I'm still trying to figure out that answer for myself :D

outofthedark said:
I'm still trying to figure out that answer for myself :D

One thing I did find out from following SEVERAL cases was some of the medical examiners and coroners don't have to have much medical training, and some of them are even elected/appointed. To become a mortician all you have to do is apprentice under another mortician, and maybe take a few classes.

Edited to add: talk to your guidance councilor about what classes you need to take in high school, and if he/she knows college.

WhiteWolf said:
One thing I did find out from following SEVERAL cases was some of the medical examiners and coroners don't have to have much medical training, and some of them are even elected/appointed. To become a mortician all you have to do is apprentice under another mortician, and maybe take a few classes.

Edited to add: talk to your guidance councilor about what classes you need to take in high school, and if he/she knows college.
Thanks for the tip:D

Goodnight everybody- I'm checking out for the night ;)

My father was a pathologist ...but he was not a forensic pathologist...he said he had no desire to be dragged out of bed at 2am to witness a body fished out of the Houston Ship Channel. That said, he was required to report any suspicious findings in the routine autopsies he performed. Deaths that were suspicious from the outset automatically went to the county forensic pathologists. Most of his work came from analyzing tissue samples from surgical procedures and diagnosing illnesses from samples sent to the laboratory.

wannabesleuthkk said:
i wondered if i should start praying for a cure!

and speaking of wording, what do you mean OOD 'looks' older.??
'sounds older' maybe?
i confuse my self enough, don't need your help, lol.
lol gmom

kk

My 11 yr old son didn't understand that statement either. I meant it to be funny, because you really don't know how old people are on here, so you kind of imagine what they look like, how old they are etc.

gardenmom said:
My 11 yr old son didn't understand that statement either. I meant it to be funny, because you really don't know how old people are on here, so you kind of imagine what they look like, how old they are etc.
I sound older than I am usually

efxdavid said:
CCM, was Lyle's Levis evenly colored or did they have faded knees, a wallet shape on the back pocket, and key shapes on the front pocket? It may sound like a stupid question, but that's almost always the sign of a batchlor or someone who lives in an apartment without a washer/dryer. Blue jeans, when washed between every wearing, fade evenly, but if worn more than a time or two between washings, will develop the faded contours quickly. People who go to the laundrymatt dont wash their jeans every day.
I don't recall seeing any wear marks indicating a wallet or anything he usually kept in his pockets.

WhiteWolf said:
One thing I did find out from following SEVERAL cases was some of the medical examiners and coroners don't have to have much medical :sick: training, and some of them are even elected/appointed. To become a mortician all you have to do is apprentice under another mortician, and maybe take a few classes.

As I understand it, to become a forensic pathologist, you first have to become a doctor, then it is an additional four years of medical school to become a forensic pathologist. While many larger areas have medical examiners (who are usually forensic pathologists) many areas have coroners, and the only requirement for the job is to get one more vote than your opponent. There are places where the county prosecuting attorney is also the county coroner. They have to rely on pathologists and forensic pathologists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86