WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
outofthedark said:
I tried America's Most Wanted and I pretty much figured out that was gonna be difficult to do
I was talking more about a dedicated network for missing persons, unsolved murders/crimes, unidentified bodies... that ran pictures, info, stories 24/7. As much as I like mysteries, I can't keep track of what time certain shows (like AMW) airs and I usually miss them.

Also, AMW likes to focus on fugitives, which is great but we need something more all-encompassing.

There is a poster here on Websleuths (I can't remember the name!) who has posted a few cases on YouTube.com. She(?) has created videos with case details and photos, then uploads them to YouTube. I'm not sure how effective that would be, but millions of people check out that site daily. Anyway, it could be another possible outlet...

maima said:
There is a poster here on Websleuths (I can't remember the name!) who has posted a few cases on YouTube.com. She(?) has created videos with case details and photos, then uploads them to YouTube. I'm not sure how effective that would be, but millions of people check out that site daily. Anyway, it could be another possible outlet...
I'll find a post that mentions YouTube and then I can give you the person's name- see ya with an update

Update: The poster you were looking for is Ryder97

Along with the youtube idea (which is great, I cruise it often), what about putting up a myspace page for him? This is not my original thought - they made a page for Anna Waters missing from CA since the 70's. They are getting lots of visits and interest.

I think Lyle may just be in the right age range for his acquaintences to be hitting that page and may find him.

I think these ideas may work for a lot of missing and unid'ed people.

LisainWV said:
Along with the youtube idea (which is great, I cruise it often), what about putting up a myspace page for him? This is not my original thought - they made a page for Anna Waters missing from CA since the 70's. They are getting lots of visits and interest.

I think Lyle may just be in the right age range for his acquaintences to be hitting that page and may find him.

I think these ideas may work for a lot of missing and unid'ed people.
Someone made him a myspace: http://www.myspace.com/lylestevik

I really like the addition of Lyle to MySpace. I was thinking of ways to utilize it. I wonder if we could create a "Who am I?" group, and set up linked profiles for others who need to be identified?

efxdavid said:
I really like the addition of Lyle to MySpace. I was thinking of ways to utilize it. I wonder if we could create a "Who am I?" group, and set up linked profiles for others who need to be identified?
I am probably one of the few people on the planet who doesn't do myspace but your idea sounds good.

I do check this thread regularly but I have just been fighting a nasty cough and cold type symptoms lately. I am also still working on learning more about the belt he used, just waiting on getting my computer parts installed in my comp so I can use my good comp that has my websleuths notes and files on it.

efxdavid said:
Yes, it is quiet. I haven't even checked in here in awhile. I am finishing up the semester and have been very busy. Just three more weeks and I am on winter break! Yipee!!!

I can't check this thread right now because of a power outtage where I live and this power outtage has lasted since 11:30 AM yesterday. I don't have school today because of the power outtage and the school worked yesterday AFTER the power outtage from backup on a generator, now they have no power today and neither does anything at my house work, so I'm using a public library computer to communicate with you guys until the power comes back on- had to go to White Spot yesterday for dinner because of the outtage. The whole outtage is a bummer for me because I planned on watching Red Dwarf on my computer and I missed The Simpsons and South Park at their respective hours! :doh:

I check on Lyle's MySpace when I can for updates ;)

Meanwhile, I'll be making plans around the power outtage, not a loss though because I know how to use a lighter/matches and I know my way around the city I live in

Auf Wiedersehen!

P.S.: The posting time is an hour ahead of the actual time- so I really posted this at 9:44 AM

CCM, or anyone else,
Where has Lyle's pic been distributed, and has it been introduced into anywhere new since I did the digital reconstruction? I'm trying to figure out what new avenues would be productive to pursue.

Davidmm

efxdavid said:
CCM, or anyone else,
Where has Lyle's pic been distributed, and has it been introduced into anywhere new since I did the digital reconstruction? I'm trying to figure out what new avenues would be productive to pursue.

Davidmm
Two MySpace pages used it for profile pictures- one was for Lyle's MySpace and I'll find the other profile that used it

efxdavid said:
CCM, or anyone else,

Davidmm
So far, I just got it on doenetwork.org.

Speaking of Doe Network, they updated his case file by adding to his Vital Statistics, adding his DNA and a link to this forum thread

Updated areas (new info is in bold)

Distinguishing Characteristics: Possibly Hispanic. Black hair; hazel eyes. His hair was neatly trimmed. Appendectomy scar on abdomen. He had recently lost a lot of weight (possibly 30-40 pounds). A small mole on the left sid of his chin. He does not have ear lobes, not removed never had them. His appendix scar was old.

DNA: CODIS

Source Information:
Missing Persons Gallery
Child Protection Education of America
The Daily World
Websleuths

Doe Network needs to update the first two links and add warnings for the Child Protection Education of America and Missing Persons Gallery (aka. National Centre for Missing Adults) links

annemc2 said:
Hispanic, eh? I wouldn't have guessed that.
I don't think he is for some reason, unless if he is Hispanic- then his family could be partially from Spain, seeing as his appearance does fit with theirs. I do think 85-95% percent of the time that he's most likely Biracial (Native/White) or White. I sometimes wonder that if he is biracial, he could either have one Biracial parent and one Native American parent or one White parent and one Native American parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member