WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
samhoney said:
I spent over two hours last night going through as many missing person's databases as I could find. None of the people I saw even looked remotely like him. :/
I've done that myself as well- he's probably never been reported missing

Hi all,

I've been following Lyle's case but haven't posted on it yet. There's a lot of reading to catch up on :D

In addition to the one already posted, this Myspace page also has Lyle on it. It's called "Do You Know Me?"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=91068919

ETA: Not sure if this has been posted already, but there is also one with unidentifieds, called "Do U Recognize Me?"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43439214

Gina_M said:
Hi all,

I've been following Lyle's case but haven't posted on it yet. There's a lot of reading to catch up on :D

In addition to the one already posted, this Myspace page also has Lyle on it. It's called "Do You Know Me?"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=91068919

ETA: Not sure if this has been posted already, but there is also one with unidentifieds, called "Do U Recognize Me?"

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43439214
I knew about the "Do You Know Me?" one, but I didn't know about the "Do U Recognize Me?" one- thanks for posting it :D

on this and other cases in Websleuths forum.
With recent stories in the news bringing more awareness to this and other crime sleuthing communities, I hope that new eyes will see these faces and help write then, the rest of their stories. No one deserves to remain nameless.
Any new insights or ideas leading to the identification of our John Doe, aka Lyle Stevik, would be appreciated by all.
Hopeful still,
kk

Could he be Canadian?

I have to think that he is familiar with that part of Idaho... any tribes nearby?

Hi LS
this site gave me some insight on the tribes of that region. The tribes in WA are sort of seperated into western/coastal then eastern/southern. The tribes in the east of WA are intermingled historically with the tribes of Western Idaho. You can search this forum for "tribe" and go back and scan the references that everyone posted in our game of 'guess his tribe'. Before the end of last year, when i use to eat and sleep this stuff, I tried to make contact with 2 professors/scientists in the forensic anthropology field. They didn't stick me at the top of their priority emails so I think it's time to retry and see who else may assist in at least narrowing down the tribe more. The mixed race issue also makes things difficult. I just think I'd like to hear the opionion of an expert in that field. Better than me sitting up til 3am staring at faces of long dead native americans. tryin to guess. Based on some common sense it's safe to say he's from one of the pac nw tribes but he could be from over the border too. heck he could be from Alabama.
There's a winter chill in the air over this cold case too.
kk

I wonder if Lyle might be Italian or be of Italian descent...

Does anyone also notice anything with his nose- it appears to have been broken during when he was alive- CCM said that it was like that when they [LE] found him.

I'd imagine from that region and all the hockey players, you see alot of broken noses. Maybe he was a player. That's a common defect among hockey and soccer players.
just a thot
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
I'd imagine from that region and all the hockey players, you see alot of broken noses. Maybe he was a player. That's a common defect among hockey and soccer players.
just a thot
kk
That could be- maybe he could have been a boxer as well

Gosh...this sure sounds familiar. Eerie similarities.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/10931755/detail.html?subid=22105263&qs=1;bp=t

New details have surfaced in the death of a man whose body was found inside a Central El Paso motel room.

Managers of the motel said the person found dead in a Stardust Motel room was a man in his 30s.
On Monday, El Paso police told KFOX the 36-year-old man appears to have commited suicide.

Sunday night, the man who discovered the body talked to KFOX. He said this was the first death at the motel in its 50 years of existence.

Residents in the area said it is hard to believe something like this happened so close to home.

Lunel Serrano, manager of Stardust Motel, said he went to check up on a man who had not yet checked out. When he walked into the room, he discovered a man with towels around his face and a belt around his neck.

More at link

The way he died is very similar to how Lyle died- maybe the Stardust Man or his killer knew about Lyle's case...

In Lyle's case I wonder what the hotel did with the room he stayed in... maybe they could have locked it up permanently or they could have knocked it in

outofthedark said:
The way he died is very similar to how Lyle died- maybe the Stardust Man or his killer knew about Lyle's case...

In Lyle's case I wonder what the hotel did with the room he stayed in... maybe they could have locked it up permanently or they could have knocked it in
I'm sure they cleaned the room, then rented it out again. Hotel rooms are a somewhat common place to commit suicide. Guaranteed privacy. Now, the next time you stay at a motel, you'll wonder.

coldcaseman said:
I'm sure they cleaned the room, then rented it out again. Hotel rooms are a somewhat common place to commit suicide. Guaranteed privacy. Now, the next time you stay at a motel, you'll wonder.

Nice to see you again!!

I was thinking that the hotel could have done something to the room so that the whole incident would be swept under the rug (In the case of "Mary Anderson", I think the hotel she died at swept her death under the rug because a journalist went to the hotel and they claimed to have no history of the mystery woman checking into the hotel) to save reputation because I don't think some people would want to stay in a hotel knowing someone killed themselves there- I'll continue later...

See Ya!

outofthedark said:
Nice to see you again!!

I was thinking that the hotel could have done something to the room so that the whole incident would be swept under the rug (In the case of "Mary Anderson", I think the hotel she died at swept her death under the rug because a journalist went to the hotel and they claimed to have no history of the mystery woman checking into the hotel) to save reputation because I don't think some people would want to stay in a hotel knowing someone killed themselves there- I'll continue later...

See Ya!
They wouldn't like the publicity, so they don't discuss it. I think that after the Police and everyone leaves, they try to get things back to normal. It's unfortunate that their motel/hotel was chosen as the site for someone to end their life, but it does happen. Getting a reputation as a suicide spot is bad for business. At least Lyle didn't choose a messy way to go, and they found him quickly.

coldcaseman said:
They wouldn't like the publicity, so they don't discuss it. I think that after the Police and everyone leaves, they try to get things back to normal. It's unfortunate that their motel/hotel was chosen as the site for someone to end their life, but it does happen. Getting a reputation as a suicide spot is bad for business. At least Lyle didn't choose a messy way to go, and they found him quickly.
Sometimes bad publicity is good and bad because if it's good, more people will come to the hotel- it can be bad if some of the publicity attracts some people who are not mentally balanced.

I wonder what happened to the maid after all that occured, but I can guess she got therapy of some sorts

I'm curious about this- what do you mean by "messy way to go"?

outofthedark said:
Sometimes bad publicity is good and bad because if it's good, more people will come to the hotel- it can be bad if some of the publicity attracts some people who are not mentally balanced.

I wonder what happened to the maid after all that occured, but I can guess she got therapy of some sorts

I'm curious about this- what do you mean by "messy way to go"?
People dying at you establishment always means bad publicity. Messy as in blowing his brains out.

outofthedark said:
OK thanks for clearing that up
Sorry for being so graphic, but you can imagine how much of a mess there could be from certain methods of suicide. Lyle was very considerate in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc