Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so hope this is not true. I do think LE needs to be very, very careful with this situation. The last time something like this happened on such a large scale, it was tragically mishandled and it faded into to blackness, allowing the FLDS to continue their disgusting acts and add greatly to their numbers.

I was shocked to learn members of FLDS were in LE, one was a mayor:eek: doctors....It's like that movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"....ya never know who's in it and who ya can trust!

This thread is too long. How do we start a new one?:confused:

Hi- I am a rare poster, but I am absolutely fascinated by what has been/is still happening in this sect. I was aware of most of it for years (thru reading, research, etc), but as appalled as I was, it would fall off my radar screen because the media would drop it after the initial "appalling" allegations were not discussed any longer- it was on to the next case 'de jour'!

I wish that the media would spend more time on this-even now that it is 'front page' every hour on the hour, it just seems to be reporting salatious details for no other reason than that. I believe that if the spotlight is kept on this, and more in depth reporting is done, more people would pay attn ,and Utah & AZ might grow some cajones and do something in Hilldale & Co. City.

If Authorities went into any other 'home' and removed even 1/32 of the # of victims they did in TX, this would be blasted accross the Universe! My hope is that the media doesn't drop this (but I think they will after a short time) because if a spotlight is kept on this, it will be harder for the FDLS to perpetuate these horrors. Evil/disease, Bacteria flourish in dark places and a quick 'flick' of a light does nothing to stop the insidious growth of a cancer like this! JMOO

I agree with you. I think that when LE is done with their "criminal" investigation, a lot more details will begin coming out about what they have found. There are a couple of FBI agents onsite, and a federal warrant has either been issued or is in the process of being issued. When all that comes out and is made public, something's going to hit the fan. Once that happens, I think the media will have a whole lot more to focus on than just the sexual abuse going on at this compound. I can't help but believe there are other things there that shouldn't be there, hence the FBI.

It's gonna get big, and the media better jump on the band wagon quick. UT and AZ might learn how to grow some cajones if they watch how our Texas Rangers and local LE are handling this.

YEEE-HAWWWWW TEXAS !!!!! WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROTECT THOSE KIDS AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was shocked to learn members of FLDS were in LE, one was a mayor:eek: doctors....It's like that movie, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"....ya never know who's in it and who ya can trust!

Exactly! They can't trust anyone around theym. It's so very sad and surreal in this day and age. These communities are so isolated and the inhabitants with power are extremely aggressive in protecting their lifestyle. The victims have so little recourse and so much brainwashing, any desire they may ever have to get out is eventually killed. It's frightening.

I agree with you. I think that when LE is done with their "criminal" investigation, a lot more details will begin coming out about what they have found. There are a couple of FBI agents onsite, and a federal warrant has either been issued or is in the process of being issued.
SNIP.....

:clap: :woohoo:

I'm with ya barb0301.

I agree with you. I think that when LE is done with their "criminal" investigation, a lot more details will begin coming out about what they have found. There are a couple of FBI agents onsite, and a federal warrant has either been issued or is in the process of being issued. When all that comes out and is made public, something's going to hit the fan. Once that happens, I think the media will have a whole lot more to focus on than just the sexual abuse going on at this compound. I can't help but believe there are other things there that shouldn't be there, hence the FBI.

It's gonna get big, and the media better jump on the band wagon quick. UT and AZ might learn how to grow some cajones if they watch how our Texas Rangers and local LE are handling this.

Yes Ma'am! Let's hope they are on it big time!!! There are other members of LE in Utah and Arizona who have been extremely diligent in exposing these freaks. Kudos to them and to all who are seeking justice for the victims in this!!! I am quite sure there are many FDLS practices going on in TX, AZ and UT that are not legal. I know the authorities in TX have said they are having some difficulties in identifying the children, but someone here pointed out earlier that the Mormons are majorly into geneology and somewhere on that compound are the records they need.

Yes Ma'am! Let's hope they are on it big time!!! There are other members of LE in Utah and Arizona who have been extremely diligent in exposing these freaks. Kudos to them and to all who are seeking justice for the victims in this!!! I am quite sure there are many FDLS practices going on in TX, AZ and UT that are not legal. I know the authorities in TX have said they are having some difficulties in identifying the children, but someone here pointed out earlier that the Mormons are majorly into geneology and somewhere on that compound are the records they need.

They found several locked lockers, safes, filing cabinets, etc inside the temple - I'm sure there were records in there. Plus anything they find on CD, harddrives, etc. I bet they found a gold mine of information, although it's gonna take a long time to sort it all out, I imagine they're not coming out of there empty handed.

I want to know what the jackhammers were about and why FBI got involved with a federal warrant.

I was really impressed by Debra Brown executive director of the Children's Advocacy Center. She seems kind and concerned about the children (even if slightly overwhelmed by the enormity of it all) in an interview with her. She has been appointed guardian ad lit em for 330 of the children taken from the compound. She said they are "very" normal and that they are "beautiful". She also said they are "well behaved". She said they are "well bonded" and are "cared for beautifully" by the women who came with them. She said that of the 330 , 3 are pregnant girls in their early teens. She said "I think we still have an awful lot to learn"
bravo to her for...I am so relieved to hear that.

Next, they went to Salt Lake City for an interview with Carolyn Jessop, who grew up in a polygamist family in the FLDS Church in Colorado City, Arizona. She's been a guest on this show before. At age 18, she was forced into a polygamist marriage with a 50-year-old man, finally fled with her eight children. She said that in her experience impacting mainstream society is very, very confusing.
" Even as an adult at 35, when I left this cult -- this religion and hit mainstream society, it was like landing on another planet. And I was very confused. And I "wanted" to be where I was.
She talks about the men. About the way that they learn to view women as objects. She concludes by saying about the men
"They don't really even understand what they're doing."
Also interviewed was
"Mike Watkiss. Mike is at the barracks where those removed are being held. He's a reporter for KTVK. He has reported extensively on polygamy, on Warren Jeffs, on the FLDS Church. He produced "Colorado City and the Underground Railroad," a great documentary." Watkiss is in San Angelo, Texas.
He (Watkiss) comes down very hard and very accurately on Warren Jeffs.
King asks the hard question: " Is it your thinking, Mike, that these are basically guys looking for easy sex?"
WATKISS: You know what, I think many of the men are victims themselves. They're raised in this culture. You've done stories on the lost boys. A lot of the young men are basically used as slave laborers until they're teenagers. They start running heavy equipment when they're about eight. You know, they're building stuff all the time. All the money they make -- or should make -- goes right to the prophet.

So I think many of the men are victims. It's the handful of -- it's the guys like Warren Jeffs. It's the hand -- this Merril Jessop, Carolyn's former husband, who's running the place. Those guys live lavishly. You know, this is one of those cockamamie theologies that was put together by men, benefits men and continues to benefit men.

And the bottom line is that the victims are their own people.

There is more at the link if anyone else would like to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krisannezee