PA Who killed Christine Guenther? Peter's Twp., Oct 26, 1981

I knew Christine's parents. Her father was a good friend of a man I dated at the time. He was a terrific person. I didn't know his wife as well, but my then significant other did, and he liked her a great deal. I'm very glad to see the case on Websleuths.

The case was investigated by the Allegheny County police. Peters Twp. was never responsible for the case. Here is a story from the Post-Gazette. It's disturbing.

And here's a newspaper column from the Pittsburgh Press written 29 months after her disappearance.

Last edited:
I knew Christine's parents. Her father was a good friend of a man I dated at the time. He was a terrific person. I didn't know his wife as well, but my then significant other did, and he liked her a great deal. I'm very glad to see the case on Websleuths.

The case was investigated by the Allegheny County police. Peters Twp. was never responsible for the case. Here is a story from the Post-Gazette. It's disturbing.

And here's a newspaper column from the Pittsburgh Press written 29 months after her disappearance.
Fixing the incorrect link above: And here's a newspaper column from the Pittsburgh Press written 29 months after her disappearance. Column

Last edited:

I don’t know how much of this thread that you read, but there is some talk of a suspect that was rumored locally. He is still alive and now living in Carnegie. Do you know of this and do you believe in it?

I don’t know how much of this thread that you read, but there is some talk of a suspect that was rumored locally. He is still alive and now living in Carnegie. Do you know of this and do you believe in it?

Perusing some podcasts covering Christine's case on YouTube. I don't really listen to too many podcasts on these cases as, really, what more can they tell? I will say that one stated that when she was found she had cigarette burns on her wrists. I don't remember reading that.

As usual the comments sections had interesting notes. Dourlain's name was mentioned as it is in this thread. One somewhat cryptic comment inferred that the Facebook page curated by her friends died down in activity largely in part to a "bigger story" and some sort of cover-up. So many of these cases are often rumored to have a bigger, untold story, but something definitely happened to make the momentum cease. The notion of a cover-up also sort of eliminates Dourlain, as why would anyone or entity cover-up for a known criminal like him?
His ex wife taught for a long time in the district. She’s the sweetest lady and she’s still alive. He was in jail I believe if memory serves me at least during the 90s when she taught me but unsure about the 80s. If the police wanted to pursue Bob they could surely talk to her or to one of her remaining children. I actually submitted this case to Crime Junkies for them to pursue since they have such a big platform but never heard back, also lately they are more focused on profiling victims with more diverse or disparate backgrounds. Maybe one of the other big name podcasters could pick this up and regenerate interest in this case!

His ex wife taught for a long time in the district. She’s the sweetest lady and she’s still alive. He was in jail I believe if memory serves me at least during the 90s when she taught me but unsure about the 80s. If the police wanted to pursue Bob they could surely talk to her or to one of her remaining children. I actually submitted this case to Crime Junkies for them to pursue since they have such a big platform but never heard back, also lately they are more focused on profiling victims with more diverse or disparate backgrounds. Maybe one of the other big name podcasters could pick this up and regenerate interest in this case!

That would great. Things seemed really promising when her friend (or friends) had the active Facebook and other methods of getting an answer, but then they just died down. I'm sure they'd heard the same name mentioned since they're from the area/time period.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theb
Back