who latched the door?

But apparently, with so many people handling the door, there would have been lots of fingerprints on the latch and door?
Were there any results from fingerprints made public?

blonde1 said:
But apparently, with so many people handling the door, there would have been lots of fingerprints on the latch and door?
Were there any results from fingerprints made public?

Good question. There should have been lots of prints. Probably too many to sort out, impossible to know when they were made.

I've always thought it was part of the "bungling" that made French not open the door, bungling which sometimes really seems deliberate. The plane not being ready, and probably some other things I forget at the moment, all could mean that it was already widely known what had happened at the Rams'.

Don't ask me how. But I've always said maybe PR wasn't the only one still in last night's clothes. The whole crowd got there awfully early, and very possibly they were all wearing last night's clothes.

This case is so weird.

I have questions regrding the wine cellar door. We know John Ramsey broke the window at one point to enter the house as he had no keys.

1. How did John get into the first floor if the cellar door was latched from the other side?
2. Does the cellar door latch have the ability to be turned from the cellar side?
3. Why would some unknown kidnapper open the cellar door and somehow lock it if even possible from the cellar side without knowing anything about the latch?
4. If you noticed the latch was open the night you were searching for your daughter who supposedly was kidnapped, would you lock it?

Seems Mr. Ramsey knew everythingabout that latch as did Patsy. This latch had to be to keep kids out of the cellar.

The latch on the door to the “wine cellar” (a small closet-like space within the main cellar) operated only from the outside. There was no passage to the rest of the house from the wine cellar. The broken cellar window was some distance away, in the main cellar, which was actually a warren of rooms opening into each other. If John indeed let himself into the house through that broken window (several months before the murder), he would just have walked around through the cellar up the stairs to the main portions of the house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexandercombes
Back