Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

Has anyone tried looking through yearbooks of high schools in the area?

Yes, I spent a bunch of time with the high school yearbooks from 1991 - 1994 from Beloit and Janesville. It's pretty tough though, without an actual photo. AND, considering the discussion above of no solid evidentiary connection between River Guy and JCD, using River Guy's sketch seems like chasing the wrong person. That leaves only the forensic evidence, that which we know to be absolutely true about JCD, that we can use: long (collar-length), straight, brown hair. Clothing too, maybe: black T-shirt, city-style camo pants, black Nike Air Bound basketball shoes, black Aquatech watch. [What might seem like contradiction, in the end, it may not matter in if JCD and River Guy are different people. Because: find River Guy; and we might find JCD. Right??]

From his clothes (black Venom T-shirt, camo pants) and his goat's head pendant, we can deduce a non-traditional, maybe rebellious, young man. That is, when he was 17-20. If JCD was 20 when he died in these clothes, does it mean that he was always rebellious? When he was a sophomore or junior, say, did he have long hair, or shorter, or maybe even short, hair? Did he have those shoes, bought as early as 1993, because he actually played organized basketball and was on the basketball team? What kind of student are we actually looking for?

So, with all these questions and variables, it became what seemed at the time, an arduous and fruitless endeavor.

HOWEVER, this does not mean that looking in high school yearbooks isn't still a good idea. It may be. But, do you know how many high schools there are in Wisconsin alone? I do. There are 193 private and 615 public high schools in Wisconsin--that's over 800 (see at least I can add!). How many of those have yearbooks online? Maybe 50%. How many have yearbooks online from 1991-1994? Maybe 10%. And this is just Wisconsin. What about Minnesota and Michigan? (Remember the SIA results indicating JCD could have grown up in Wis, Minn or Mich?) So, are you beginning to see the challenges involved in, and the magnitude of, such a search?

NOW, I'm NOT saying a search like this isn't a good idea and shouldn't be done. But, it would take manpower, and coordination, to do it right and tackle this elephant. Manpower? Well, there are people like you, if you want to get involved in a huge, long term, but potentially hugely beneficial project. There are also librarians in the state who are generally extremely helpful.

So, I do have some ideas on how to work a search of yearbooks, if anyone is interested. For me, this is one area where I'm putting my search efforts and time these days:

It is very possible, even though we have here a non-traditional guy, that, when/if he wasn't spending his time listening to mind-draining, heavy metal music, back when he possibly played basketball and had short hair, that he either got, or applied for, a driver's license. So, with my partner at the RCSO, we are requesting and will soon receive a dump of all Wis. DMV driver's license applicants or holders between 1991 and 1994 who did not renew their license after December, 1994. We understand there are about 1,500 hits or names in this file. And these are individuals already prescreened based on race, sex, height, weight, hair color, etc. I and detective Yoerger will be spending a ton of time doing proof-of-life searches on all these individuals. Since there are, and can be, because of DMV's restrictions, only two of us working this list, it will take months to do the work to look for what could be only a handful of individuals who are neither confirmed to be alive nor who are confirmed to have died after December, 1994. Then with a name, DOB, and zip code, we can then have an actual person to look for in that yearbook we were talking about above, and that we can try to find out what happened to!

So, if anyone would like to join a "team" of online searchers looking through Wisconsin (and then Minn and Mich) yearbooks for JCD, please email me. <friess@rockcountycoroner.us> Maybe we can get something going with this?? Hey, I can't be doing ALL the work here.

Later....

Jack

My heart completely breaks when I think about this boy. I've been a metal fan/headbanger most of my life and have known a lot of guys like him; many of them come from bad families or are disowned by their families for being "devil worshippers". It was even worse in the 80s and 90s when Satanism was causing panic in the national news.

I really do think this boy's family never reported him missing because they just wanted him gone. It's so sad to think about.

We may be able to use class reunion resources; I need to give this some more thought.

I wonder if this was a young man born to older parents they may be deceased also. They may explain the silence in someone looking for their lost one.

It is also possible that the son and parent(s) got into an argument or a violent altercation resulting in the son running away or parent(s) thinking he does not want to be found and/or maybe they just don't care as they have had enough of him.

Regarding the clothing he was wearing; when I was a teen, we wore clothing with symbols that we had no idea what they meant - it was just cool colors. I remember drawing German symbols when I was around 10 years old, didn't know what they meant, just thought they were kind of cool and fun to draw (I was a naïve, rural Minnesota girl with no Internet and only three channels on our TV). Yes, this was back in the 60s - 70s .... :)

My heart completely breaks when I think about this boy. I've been a metal fan/headbanger most of my life and have known a lot of guys like him; many of them come from bad families or are disowned by their families for being "devil worshippers". It was even worse in the 80s and 90s when Satanism was causing panic in the national news.

I really do think this boy's family never reported him missing because they just wanted him gone. It's so sad to think about.

It doesn't help that he is from Minnesota, Michigan, and/or Wisconsin. I had plenty of angry encounters with those who were less than understanding about my Slayer T-shirts and Megadeth hair back then. Thankfully I have hardworking and decent parents who understood my "metal head" ways...but I know plenty from the region (mainly Wisconsin) who weren't.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/off...lp-20yearold-cold-case-investigation/29309054

Nothing was found at the scene other than a couple pieces of clothing, a pendant and a single shoe, but Yoerger hopes new technology will help give them more information on John Doe&#8217;s identity. &#8220;Using that weather data along with historic weather data to come up with an estimate of the minimum amount of time that those skeletal remains would have had to been there to decompose to the condition they are in,&#8221; Yoerger said.

&#8220;When he decomposed, all the tissue when into the ground and by digging into the ground and obtaining samples we are hoping to get additional information from that,&#8221; Lou Smit, Rock County&#8217;s acting coroner, said...

Investigators are hoping that this new weather data, which will record the temperature and humidity from the area, will be able to confirm that River Man and John Doe are the same person. That data will be collected by the coroner&#8217;s office this weekend.

efd7c56a-5abe-430c-a01a-ba6c69f68619_zpsf0e0292f.png

http://www.wrex.com/story/27419538/...ntified-skeletal-remains-found-in-rock-county

The FBI has completed a new facial sketch of an unidentified young man found as skeletal remains in 1995 in rural Rock County.

I agree. & I know plenty of people who would have ended up in his shoes. Life is really hard and unpredictable. I hope he didn't suffer too much....

I talked to a guy in a chat room that really knew this case. I wish I could remember his handle.

Hi:

We're evaluating James M. Monti as possibly being John "Clinton" Doe (JCD). A DNA profile is in the works at University of North Texas, Center for Human ID (UNT-CHI). But, in the mean time, I am looking for more information (hair color, hair length, photo, etc.) which may provide evidence and justification to eliminate James as being JCD. If you come across any, please email me. Thanks.

Jack

Jack Friess, DCS
friess@rockcountycoroner.us

Hi:

We're evaluating James M. Monti as possibly being John "Clinton" Doe (JCD). A DNA profile is in the works at University of North Texas, Center for Human ID (UNT-CHI). But, in the mean time, I am looking for more information (hair color, hair length, photo, etc.) which may provide evidence and justification to eliminate James as being JCD. If you come across any, please email me. Thanks.

Jack

Jack Friess, DCS
friess@rockcountycoroner.us

From what I can gather, he went to Klamath Union High School in Klamath Falls, Oregon, Class of 1995. But Classmates.com doesn't have any of the yearbooks for 1995 or the three years preceding.

I tried to call the school library, thinking that maybe they could scan his photo from their yearbooks (if they had any). But the school is closed during the Christmas holiday.

I would try to call the school on Monday,January 5th. Many school districts (mine included) resume classes then.

James Monti is also being considered as a possible match to Grateful Doe, who died in a traffic wreck in Virginia in June, 1995, following a Grateful Dead concert near Washington, D.C. The driver was identified, Grateful Doe's identity is still unknown. It is believed the driver picked up Grateful as a hitchhiker following the concert. Hopefully more info on James Monti will be coming soon-it appears his NAMUS page is in progress.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-Fan-Unidentified-male-26-June-1995-2/page36

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86
Back