WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
353400834_647107944126083_6784811838164281869_n.jpg

The Sauk County Sheriff's Office is attempting to locate 13 year old James Yoblonski. Last suspected whereabouts is the area of the Baraboo Bluffs near the westernmost portion of Devil's Lake State Park and Northern area of the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area.

James left his residence overnight with a family vehicle, which has since been recovered on USH 12 in the above area.

If you have any information as to the location of James, please contact the Sauk County Sheriff's Office at 608-355-4495.

From a local media source:
The Sauk County Sheriff’s Department is searching for 13-year-old James Yoblonski who the Sheriff says was reported missing this morning. A van on the westbound lanes was found and I'm told is the family van. They searched the woods on that side this morning and now are searching the woods just off the eastbound lanes. I'm told a cell phone was recovered in the woods belonging to the boy.

Concerning comments here on the sheriff post about his disappearance from a supposed peer (if you sort by all I believe it will show up first)

And if you go further down it'll reference another local FB page with significant discussion.

New update from half an hour ago:

An update from Sauk County Emergency Management: A campsite has been found in the woods off of the eastbound lanes of Highway 12 between Sauk City and Baraboo as the Sauk County Sheriff’s Office continues the search for missing 13-year-old James Yoblonski. It's the same side of the road his cell phone was found. SCEM says the cell phone was pinged to lead deputies to the general area where the search began.

Given the van and the phone were on opposite sides of the road, I hope it comes out whether the van was out of fuel or if it seems he intentionally stopped there.

(the van was found on the westbound lanes, but his phone and this possible campsite were found on the eastbound side)

Given the van and the phone were on opposite sides of the road, I hope it comes out whether the van was out of fuel or if it seems he intentionally stopped there.

(the van was found on the westbound lanes, but his phone and this possible campsite were found on the eastbound side)
Thanks for clarifying that, I had read the phone was on the same side as the vehicle and then they said campsite. Threw me off.
There's an emergency facebook site that has some interesting comments however I can't say it's considered MSM to bring here at this point. IMO

JUN 13, 2023
[...]

On Monday, the Sauk Co. Sheriff’s Office reported James Yoblonski had been missing since around 9 a.m. that day. Its statement indicated the boy left in the family van, which was later located along Hwy. 12, near Baraboo Bluffs and a couple miles away from the westernmost portion of Devil’s Lake State Park and the northern part of the Sauk Prairie State Recreational Area. His cell phone was found across the highway.

[...]

Sheriff Chip Meister indicated a campsite was found in the woods near where the teams have been searching.

He also revealed Monday night the family realized that, in addition to their van being taken, a handgun was missing from the home. Authorities have not determined for certain if Yoblanski, 13, has the weapon.

“He {the father} just noticed that there is a handgun missing from the house, so that was one of the reasons you saw us release the fire department, the civilian personnel, and then we asked for the neighboring county, Columbia County, to come and help with the search,” said Meister.

[...]

LE thanking people for donating food/drinks etc. I love seeing a community come together to help in anyway they can.

I’m hoping he’s alive and can sense that many people care about him, or he can hear the SAR workers calling his name and respond.

But also can't help wonder if he was lured to the area
<snipped to focus on this>

Pointing at comment by "KH" <modsnip: discussing social media comments>

Last edited by a moderator:
JUN 13, 2023
[...]

William tells 27 News that his son "is not someone who would run away" and calls the situation "dire."

He expressed that he doesn't care James took the van or a gun, he just wants his son to be safe and come home.

[...]

"It's a very wooded terrain. The woods [are] very thick, there's rock ledges, there's cliffs," Sheriff Meister said about the terrain. "You could be six, eight feet from another deputy and you can't see that deputy — so that's how thick it is."

[...]

Tuesday, the grid search was expanded to two locations and hundreds of acres. A Blackhawk helicopter and a DNR fixed-wing aircraft are also being used. In addition to the aircrafts, several K-9s and over 40 law enforcement personnel joined the search.

The sheriff said weather could impact the ability to use the aircrafts in the search, and rain is in the forecast Tuesday. Patrol Lieutenant Steven Schram told 27 News later in the day that the weather didn't impact aerial searches, but it made ground conditions difficult.

Searchers remained in the area for around 10 hours before stopping for the day. They covered around one and a half square miles, or around 900 acres of land.

"We've uncovered a lot of things. But unfortunately, nothing at this point that's been able to point us in the direction of trying to find James," Schram said. "But in doing so we're able to eliminate areas that he is not and it gives us another okay, we can move to the next option of where haven't we been yet."

[...]

JUN 13, 2023
  • Mon 6/12, 7:30 AM James' father contacted the SCSO to report that James had taken a family vehicle.
  • Mon 6/12, about 8:45 a.m. the vehicle was found and James' cellphone pinged near Hwy 12 and the Sauk Hill.
  • Deputies found a makeshift campsite where property belonging to James was found.
  • SCSO officials believe James is somewhere near the Baraboo Bluffs on the western edge of the park and the northern edge of the Sauk Prairie Recreation Area.
  • "It's a very good sign that there's a campsite," Sheriff Chip Meister said. "He has several changes of clothes at his campsite. He has a phone charger there, he has a pillow... so hopefully that's a good sign."
Officials didn't say whether or not the 13-year-old is believed to be in any danger. They don't believe he is with anyone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back