WI WI - James Yoblonski, 13, took family's car, found on USH 12, may be in Devil's Lake State Park area, Baraboo, 12 Jun 2023 *reward*

<snipped to focus on this>

Pointing at comment by "KH" <modsnip: discussing social media comments>

Thanks but... I don't have FB so can't see all the comments. And actually, now, I can not see ANY comments. I saw 7 comments the first time but nothing now. I found some other info so, yeah, this is all sounding maybe a little weird.

JUN 13, 2023
[...]

William tells 27 News that his son "is not someone who would run away" and calls the situation "dire."

He expressed that he doesn't care James took the van or a gun, he just wants his son to be safe and come home.

[...]

"It's a very wooded terrain. The woods [are] very thick, there's rock ledges, there's cliffs," Sheriff Meister said about the terrain. "You could be six, eight feet from another deputy and you can't see that deputy — so that's how thick it is."

[...]

Tuesday, the grid search was expanded to two locations and hundreds of acres. A Blackhawk helicopter and a DNR fixed-wing aircraft are also being used. In addition to the aircrafts, several K-9s and over 40 law enforcement personnel joined the search.

The sheriff said weather could impact the ability to use the aircrafts in the search, and rain is in the forecast Tuesday. Patrol Lieutenant Steven Schram told 27 News later in the day that the weather didn't impact aerial searches, but it made ground conditions difficult.

Searchers remained in the area for around 10 hours before stopping for the day. They covered around one and a half square miles, or around 900 acres of land.

"We've uncovered a lot of things. But unfortunately, nothing at this point that's been able to point us in the direction of trying to find James," Schram said. "But in doing so we're able to eliminate areas that he is not and it gives us another okay, we can move to the next option of where haven't we been yet."

[...]

I couldn’t quite understand not letting volunteer searchers in, but judging by your quote about the challenging terrain it makes more sense.

But I also imagine the locals are skilled at traversing the landscape and know it better than anyone, imo.

It sounds like people are concerned about possible suicide and local law enforcement has taken these concerns seriously. So sad…a 13 year old child…
Oh my! Hopefully he'll see the beauty of the Wisconsin countryside around him and change his mind.

Parts of the country that look bleak in winter are glorious in summer.

I hope he really just needs some time away to think and clear his head, have a bit of an adventure by himself, then come home.

I couldn’t quite understand not letting volunteer searchers in, but judging by your quote about the challenging terrain it makes more sense.

But I also imagine the locals are skilled at traversing the landscape and know it better than anyone, imo.

Not sure but I wonder when the missing gun came into it LE grew concerned about a volunteer searcher getting shot by a panicked kid, maybe?

I read this article today about the suicide of a 17 year old teen in Michigan, and hoped James didn't get ensnared in anything like this IG scam of 100 young men online:

Is that why they’re holding back volunteers? That makes sense. :( I can’t imagine how that complicates a search. What a sensitive situation.
I think so. A young boy in emotional distress, most likely thinking he's in such big trouble, with a gun is not a safe situation. I sure hope he is alive and eventually comes up so he can get the help he clearly needs.

I'm not from this area, where would the other side of the highway lead to? My question is does 1 side lead to water, a mall, town or something?

There seems to be nothing in that stretch of Highway 12 other than a few farms and dense woods. No mall; maybe a few creeks in the woods. He may be close to Devil's Lake. We don't know at this time.

Enclosing a Google Earth map of the general area where the van and campsite might have been found. He may be familiar with this area.

I was born and raised in an Upper Midwestern state. The woods this time of year can be very dense and difficult to navigate through, and the bugs (mosquitoes, various types of flies and wood ticks) can be intense. The wildlife possibly includes bears and wolves, but IIRC, they usually don't bother anyone.

Hoping and praying he is found soon and is okay.
Google Earth

Hunt | Wisconsin DNR

JMVHO.

I keep checking here. I'm very concerned for James.
I really hope he didn't vanish because some online thing happened, similar to such as was described above.
This has been my gut feeling.
And age 13 is such a sensitive time for a boy, when things that can be fixed doesn't look doable at that age.

I so hope he is found safe, and gets all the support he needs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back