Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not she had ever given birth is not something that is always mentioned, but if the Jane Doe had a cesarean scar, they probably would have mentioned it.

You are probably right. There is the possibility that she had injuries to that area, making the scar hard to discern. I am so curious as to why LE believes that she may have bee cognitively disabled.

You are probably right. There is the possibility that she had injuries to that area, making the scar hard to discern. I am so curious as to why LE believes that she may have bee cognitively disabled.

It maybe possible to tell form scarrs trauma to an area of the head/brain that regulates cognitive function. What scars?

It maybe possible to tell form scarrs trauma to an area of the head/brain that regulates cognitive function. What scars?

The MP who I posted (Stacy Morrison) had a C-section scar. Since Racine JD underwent so much trauma, I imagine that a C-section scar could have possibly been obliterated. I really don't think it's a viable match though. I don't believe RJD was ever reported missing.

If RJD suffered from something like fetal alcohol syndrome, maybe it was determined by the spacing of her ears or the length of her fingers? Something like that.

If she did have a disability, maybe her family is loathe to report her missing because that would cut off their assistance?

If Jane Doe had a deformity on her right ear it could very well be cauliflower ear, aka an acute hematoma, that was left untreated. What is sad about this is either way someone most likely was domestically violent towards her (unless she was a boxer or kicked by a horse, etc). She could have gotten it at anytime from the last time her family saw her (if it was not inflicted at home prior to leaving) to fairly soon before her killing. It is easy to hide by one's hair, especially in a female who is concerned about her appearance and diverting attention from boyfriend/partner who is abusing her. So unless someone knew her very well before she passed away, it may not be on her missing person profile. But, chances are (if that is the condition) this may have been a murder from escalation of domestic violence with a boyfriend, etc. If that was the case, she may have been very isolated by her partner, so no-one really knew her much. Especially if he was much older...What I find interesting is it was her right ear and I would think if she was hit that hard on that side, perhaps the one who inflicted it was a left-handed person...? Maybe I have that backwards...LOL.

I just looked at the Doe Network profile and it does say she had a cauliflower ear. http://doenetwork.org/cases/199ufwi.html

It would be nice to know if Jane Doe was white or not. She looks like she could be mixed.

This UID really looks like an Armenian-American friend of mine when she younger (especially the reconstruction with the wavy hairstyle). I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I asked her where her family was from because her resemblance to the unidentified woman.

Attachments

• updated-jane-doe-342x256.jpg
    updated-jane-doe-342x256.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 100
Here's a larger view of the image:

RacineJaneDoeNCMECRecon.jpg

New Rendering of Jane Doe from Cold Case
Story Updated: Dec 11, 2012

RACINE-A new rendering of a Jane Doe found in Racine 13 years ago, may finally heat up the cold case.

The forensics rendering is suggestive of what she may have looked like and not an exact depiction...

http://www.cbs58.com/news/top-stori...e-from-Cold-Case-183065731.html?m=y&smobile=y

Full story link (vs mobile)
New Rendering of Jane Doe from Cold Case
Her page has not been updated yet
Case File 199UFWI

She doesn't look 18; 15 tops.
Refresh my memory; why are there no morgue photos?

Okay, this is way off the wall, but -- according to her doenetwork entry, the shirt was made in 1984. She wasn't killed until 1999. That means if she was 18 when she died, she was 3 when the shirt was manufactured. It's possible she or somebody just picked it up at a secondhand store or something, but I'm wondering if maybe we should look for very young girls taken by a noncustodial parent, probably a father, in the eighties?

I have followed this case for a long time and to say the least stumped that nobody has came forward by now. I was thinking that maybe she is a mail order bride that came to marry and have a better life but in fact ended up with a monster that kept her as a prisoner and that is why she has not been reported missing. The new pic rendered of her is so different and she looks so young, to say the least more stumped.

Okay, this is way off the wall, but -- according to her doenetwork entry, the shirt was made in 1984. She wasn't killed until 1999. That means if she was 18 when she died, she was 3 when the shirt was manufactured. It's possible she or somebody just picked it up at a secondhand store or something, but I'm wondering if maybe we should look for very young girls taken by a noncustodial parent, probably a father, in the eighties?

I wondered if the shirt was from a 2nd hand store too; or possibly someone that had her owned it.

I have followed this case for a long time and to say the least stumped that nobody has came forward by now. I was thinking that maybe she is a mail order bride that came to marry and have a better life but in fact ended up with a monster that kept her as a prisoner and that is why she has not been reported missing. The new pic rendered of her is so different and she looks so young, to say the least more stumped.

BBM

My thoughts too. My 1st thought on age was 13 or 14; no where near 18 but what do I know? Wonder if she still had her wisdom teeth?
Her nose makes her look possibly mixed.

Whenever a new recon is put out there that I think isn't that close, I feel compelled to create one of my own.

Here is my version of Racine Jane Doe.

bb399d19-c0a4-4102-97c5-eaa34d9f0cd0.jpg

Recently, I started thinking about kids who were abducted/went missing. I was wondering if Cherrie Ann Mahan had been considered? She would have been about 22 years old in 1999?

Cherrie Ann Mahan- Age progression they do not say to what age

Whenever a new recon is put out there that I think isn't that close, I feel compelled to create one of my own.

Here is my version of Racine Jane Doe.

f97c9c6b-6d99-48bc-80f3-a50d1ddc0eea.jpg

I don't doubt your version is closest.
I still wonder; why no morgue photos. The original rendering had to be done from something.

I don't doubt your version is closest.
I still wonder; why no morgue photos. The original rendering had to be done from something.

There's a morgue photo. It's posted several times in the first couple of pages of this thread. Warning: they photoshopped the eyes in and it's damned creepy.

Cherrie Ann Mahan- Age progression they do not say to what age

You know, that was one of the first ones I found, too. But Cherry's eyes slant up, not down the way the UID's appear to. I'm assuming Carl's recon is accurate in that regard.

I also found http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/263dfmi.html

Natasha Shanes: Shanes is epileptic and developmentally disabled and may need medication. She was last seen wearing blue jeans and a large blue and white shirt with a safety pin on it.

There's a girl missing from Montana who looks a great deal like she could have grown up into this young woman, except that her eyes are clearly blue and I'm pretty sure she was submitted upthread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member