Will Drew Peterson get a new trial?

Here's the latest update that I've found:

Illinois Supreme Court to hear Drew Peterson appeal
Dated: March 31, 2016

http://wqad.com/2016/03/31/illinois-supreme-court-to-hear-drew-peterson-appeal/

article said:
SPRINGFIELD, ILL.
....The Third District Appellate Court ruled in November2015 that evidence against Peterson was sufficient to show he killed Savio, whose body was found in her suburban Chicago home. No date has been given for arguments before the Supreme Court.

Peterson remains a suspect in the disappearance of his fourth wife.

Peterson is also scheduled to stand trial in May 2016 on charges he solicited an inmate to kill Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow, who prosecuted the Savio case.

So, nothing really about his re-trial, but for his solicition of an inmate... I was thinking this was about the murder of Kathleen.

They don't give an actual date in May...

That's all I've found that has a recent date - anyone else find something with an actually "date" in May?

TIA! :wave:

:bump:

I just read (somewhere) his trial - jury selection - starts this week??

Anyone?? Is there another thread, or??

:tyou: in advance!

Jury selection in Drew Peterson trial today (05/20/2016)

The process will start Friday in Randolph County in southern Illinois, where Peterson, 62, is serving a 38-year-sentence at the maximum security Menard Correctional Center. Opening arguments are scheduled to start Monday, with the trial anticipated to last at least one week

http://www.stltoday.com/news/jury-s...cle_edc23896-bcda-509a-b931-355114a1a6b7.html

Jury selection in Drew Peterson trial today (05/20/2016)

The process will start Friday in Randolph County in southern Illinois, where Peterson, 62, is serving a 38-year-sentence at the maximum security Menard Correctional Center. Opening arguments are scheduled to start Monday, with the trial anticipated to last at least one week

http://www.stltoday.com/news/jury-s...cle_edc23896-bcda-509a-b931-355114a1a6b7.html

:tyou: scmom! I "think" WildAboutTrial is going to tweet this, if I'm not mistaken... at least I "think" I saw this "somewhere" - anyone have a "direct" link to WAT Drew Peterson tweets??

again TIA!

:tyou: wasalurker!!

From Matt Walberg's Tweets - hope it's okay that I post these...

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 21h21 hours ago (from yesterday 5/24)
#DrewPeterson trial sked, subject to change: Wednesday - Smith direct; Thursday - Smith cross/redirect; Friday - 5-6 state witnesses.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 21h21 hours ago (Tuesday 5/24)
Day two of #DrewPeterson trial is now in the books. Trial resumes at 8:45 a.m. tomorrow with more from Antonio "Beast" Smith.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 19h19 hours ago
The latest updated story: #DrewPeterson duped into thinking prosecutors would be killed, inmate testifes.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 5h5 hours ago (Wed. 5/25)
Day 3 of #DrewPeterson trial underway with more of his convo w/ Smith in the prison yard on 11/16/14. Lots of dreams about life after prison.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 5h5 hours ago
Drew on 11/16/1: "...I’m really anticipating him bringing up the charges right before his next election. But if he’s not around, he can’t."

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 3h3 hours ago
Now they're talking about making a turkey in their cell for Thanksgiving.
"I'll make you whatever you want," said Beast

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 3h3 hours ago
Now #DrewPeterson complaining state police stole from his home. "They stole a ****in' Rug Doctor!...You know, to shampoo your carpet with."

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 1h1 hour ago
Updated story on #DrewPeterson trial with today's test'ny.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-peterson-trial-day-3-met-20160525-story.html
Recordings: Drew Peterson tried to keep authorities guessing on wife's whereabouts

from article:
In a conversation from Nov. 16, 2014, Peterson talked about making authorities think Stacy Peterson was in Peoria and that she might show up to testify at his murder trial.
"You know how many times me and my lawyer knew they listening? And we were telling them like, 'She's in Peoria,'" Drew Peterson says on the recording played in court Wednesday. "The next week, they were there. They were tearing up (expletive) Peoria."
[...]
Smith testified this week that he led Peterson to believe Smith's uncle would kill Glasgow, and Peterson thought he would then win his murder case appeal and be freed from prison.
[...]
In recordings played in court Tuesday, Peterson talked about flying to Mexico to join a cartel and sell drugs, or moving to Jamaica and chasing women. In the Nov. 16 discussion, the inmates talk about how their plan is just the beginning.

I am so glad to know that our fun loving, happy go lucky Drew is doing so well. Love his new picture. He looks like death warmed over. I bet in his devil mind, that if he looked at himself, he would think himself handsome and young though. He will never change, that's why he has to be caged up for the rest of his life. I read that he admitted on tape to killing Stacy. Do you think there will ever be a trial for her?

No new trial on heresy.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_ed1655c8-2c48-54e6-89db-300bce37c069.html

"SPRINGFIELD, Ill. • The use of hearsay testimony to convict former Chicago-area police officer Drew Peterson in the death of his third wife was proper, the Illinois Supreme Court ruled Thursday in upholding the conviction.

The high court, in a unanimous decision , found that hearsay testimony from Peterson's dead third wife and missing fourth wife did not violate his constitutional right to confront his accusers because of evidence that Peterson killed them to prevent their testimony."

More info at above link.

No new trial on heresy.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_ed1655c8-2c48-54e6-89db-300bce37c069.html

"SPRINGFIELD, Ill. • The use of hearsay testimony to convict former Chicago-area police officer Drew Peterson in the death of his third wife was proper, the Illinois Supreme Court ruled Thursday in upholding the conviction.

The high court, in a unanimous decision , found that hearsay testimony from Peterson's dead third wife and missing fourth wife did not violate his constitutional right to confront his accusers because of evidence that Peterson killed them to prevent their testimony."

More info at above link.

RBBM

I can just see his exasperated, disbelieving look - the same look he had on his face when he was found guilty of murdering his third wife.

What concerns me are the women who marry some of these guys - I believe I read Scott Peterson was married, and supposedly, Charlie Manson was going to marry Star (or whatever her name is). I wouldn't be surprised if Drew was already corresponding with Wife No. 5 . . .

RBBM

I can just see his exasperated, disbelieving look - the same look he had on his face when he was found guilty of murdering his third wife.

What concerns me are the women who marry some of these guys - I believe I read Scott Peterson was married, and supposedly, Charlie Manson was going to marry Star (or whatever her name is). I wouldn't be surprised if Drew was already corresponding with Wife No. 5 . . .
Dont be concerned. These women are not victims. They are volunteers.

How can the hearsay evidence from Stacy be admissible when it is not proven that she is dead much less that DP killed her? Sure, we THINK he did, but it has yet to be proven in a court of law. I think the court erred.

Drew Peterson asks U.S. Supreme Court to hear appeal of murder conviction in 3rd wife's death

The Illinois Supreme Court has twice rejected Peterson’s request for a new trial for the murder of his ex-wife Kathleen Savio, whose death was re-examined after Peterson’s fourth wife, Stacy, went missing in 2007.

On Monday, Peterson’s attorney Steve Greenberg filed a petition with the U.S. Supreme Court, asking it to review the decision of the state’s high court.

In Greenberg’s 38-page filing, he alleges, among other claims, that the use of hearsay testimony — statements that Savio made to family members and in a written statement to police before she died, and statements Stacy Peterson made to her pastor and a divorce lawyer before her disappearance — should never have been allowed.

The filing also questioned the legality of allowing divorce attorney Harry Smith to testify at trial about a telephone call in which Stacy Peterson indicated Drew Peterson had killed Savio.

Watched the film yesterday on TV,I thought it was about Scott so nearly didn't watch it,but it was another monster,felt so sorry for Kathleen and Stacy,but I'm so glad the last one left him,if was wasn't for the neighbour he would have talked that girl around,and she would have had the same fate..

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/...son-back-in-court-may-decide-on-attorney.html
Why bother with a prison sentence for monsters like him,hand him over to victims families,but if not then prison till he dies will have to do.

Carroll wasn’t in court Tuesday, but two new attorneys stepped up to help represent Peterson as he faces up to 60 years in prison for the murder of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

One of the attorneys, David Peilet, said he would consider all possible grounds for an appeal, including the allegations that Brodsky failed to provide competent counsel.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back