Woman accused of poisoning friend with eyedrops

I've been thinking about the sentencing which was unusual in terms of what the defendant and her mom were allowed to do. Judge Dorow did say at the beginning that she expected it to take a long time which surprised me and I sure didn't expect it to take all day, especially after hearing the fairly brief victim impact statements made by the prosecution witnesses.

Does anybody else feel like I do that JK and her mom were allowed to do this in case they said anything to incriminate the mom? I really feel like this is the only reason this was permitted.

I've been thinking about the sentencing which was unusual in terms of what the defendant and her mom were allowed to do. Judge Dorow did say at the beginning that she expected it to take a long time which surprised me and I sure didn't expect it to take all day, especially after hearing the fairly brief victim impact statements made by the prosecution witnesses.

Does anybody else feel like I do that JK and her mom were allowed to do this in case they said anything to incriminate the mom? I really feel like this is the only reason this was permitted.
It’s the craziest sentencing hearing I’ve ever watched. I did find it interesting when the judge said it would take awhile. I had no idea it would go that long. I kept expecting the State to object. . You’d think there would have been investigations into Mom already, but I don’t know.

I don’t believe I knew Lynne had been in prison before. Was that mentioned in JKs trial? Both mom and JK made sure it was discussed repeatedly during sentencing.

Presser starting in a moment

The screen cap from that YT video is exhibit A in the definition of a sociopath.

This woman is scary. Thank you to LE, the prosecution and the judge! (And, to the defense, who had to put up with their client.)
I just watched the prosecution's sentencing comments and I've got to give them kudos for tracking down those jailhouse videos that proved that JK mailed that envelope from jail. (Ha ha! she put toothpaste on the envelope because it wouldn't seal well and that is part of her unveiling as lying to the judge.)

For anyone interested but that doesn't have time to watch the entire prosecution statement, you can see the jailhouse video at the link below @24:57.

Shame on JF and also could not help but thinking that the 70 year old inmate who spoke on behalf of JK was being set up by JK for future scams, thief. After all that's JK's mo. moo

Jessy Kurczewski's mother read two letters from the victim, Lynn Hernan, and an inmate who met Kurczewski behind bars spoke on her behalf.

Shame on JF and also could not help but thinking that the 70 year old inmate who spoke on behalf of JK was being set up by JK for future scams, thief. After all that's JK's mo. moo

Jessy Kurczewski's mother read two letters from the victim, Lynn Hernan, and an inmate who met Kurczewski behind bars spoke on her behalf.

I felt the exact same way that the friend would have been or still
Can be taken advantage of.
IMO

So sad this happened. I just want to say, it can happen to anyone, both victim and guily one. I had a friend turned killer and it can happen. Authorities weren't listening. My stomach hurts to this day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmiter
Back