WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her eyes in this pic may look happier because she is being preened by someone who won't hurt her. JMO

I read that the bruise may have been caused by a doorframe. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but jumping off that scenario, I think it's unlikely. Reason being, if you were to smack into a doorframe face first -- the first to hit would be your the 2 largest parts of your face -- nose and/or forehead (whichever comes first).

Even if she were to walk into a doorframe and hit it on the left side only (bypassing the nose), the forehead would still hit first. The bridge under the eye is the lowest part of the face (if I'm saying that right) is nature's way to protect the eyes.

I'm no expert, but IMHO this couldn't be caused by a door frame. A hand, or a spoon maybe, but not a door frame.

Just my opinion -- again, I'm only speculating.

MOOOO

Mel

Her eyes in this pic may look happier because she is being preened by someone who won't hurt her. JMO

I dont think she looks that happy. She still has glassy eyes. I dont know her but she has such sad eyes.

I don't buy the door story, at all. FBI/LE would have edited her face a lot better if they thought it was an accident. And photoshopping a photo is NOT hard. JMHO.

Yes, this photo could have easily been retouched. All you have to do is look up the Brianna Lopez case where a detective took the one lone photo of her (battered and beaten) and turned it into a touching photo of her.

That case still haunts me.

MOO

Mel

We run into a lot of doors around here.
Car doors, house doors, garage doors... none of us can seem to comprehend "slow down and watch where you are going!"

Generally it just leaves a bruise and/or a bump.
In the middle of the forehead, on the side... but almost always the forehead.

My daughter even got a concussion once, from hitting her head on the car door.
Even then, it was a bruise and a bump in the middle of her forehead.

The only time I've had bruising like that on the side of the face were:

When I got kicked by a horse.
When I biffed it on my bike before I wore a helmet.
When I hit the tailgate on the truck. (Long story.)

My children, despite seizures, falling and hitting their heads repeatedly and even a concussion... have not had bruising like that.

That's just my experience. I won't say what caused the bruise... I don't know. I just know my kids haven't had one like it.

All I did on this version of the photo posted is hit the high pass sharpen filter. Judge for yourself on what you see. I did notice the right temple hairline...has no hair. There are other marks to be noted as well. Im probably not going to get over this one.

highpass.jpg

I'm not buying the 'ran into a door' story. Look how her face is bruised. The bruise goes right up under her eye, where she wouldn't have contacted the door. The door would hit only the most prominent parts of her face; cheek, brow, forehead.

Moo

It is instinctive to protect your head and you pull your head and face back when you hit a door facing. You might bounce your forehead on it, but not your cheek, unless it was pushed into it. That's a typical excuse for abuse. They always fall, run into something, but the injuries are not consistent.

As for the teeth missing, that is not considered cosmetic. There needs to be something in there to maintain space for teeth to grow in properly. And there are plenty of dentists around here who would help if it wasn't covered my Medicaid.

I have been following this case for a while, but never actually got involved in posting my thoughts. My daughter is Aliayah's age, so you can only imagine how distraught I am over all this. The "new" picture was the last straw for me, ...

snipped

Welcome!:welcome4:

What a heartbreaking photo.

IMO The FBI waited to release the pic w/the bruises until AFTER LL delivered the twins. IF they had released it prior to the delivery, LL "could've" then moaned & groaned & said it threw her into early labor & harmed her & her twins & would've been able to sue - which is what she does. JMO

All I did on this version of the photo posted is hit the high pass sharpen filter. Judge for yourself on what you see. I did notice the right temple hairline...has no hair. There are other marks to be noted as well. Im probably not going to get over this one.

highpass.jpg

OMG, I pray that little Aliayah never looked like this! Do you think this is why it took so long to release the photo? Didn't Vicki say she has (or has seen) the original? Maybe she can provide her insight about the pic she saw....

Someone needs to start yapping NOW, because it's obvious that there is a lot of covering up (IMO- for RL & LL) going on.... :furious::furious::furious:

MOO

I read that the bruise may have been caused by a doorframe. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but jumping off that scenario, I think it's unlikely. Reason being, if you were to smack into a doorframe face first -- the first to hit would be your the 2 largest parts of your face -- nose and/or forehead (whichever comes first).

Even if she were to walk into a doorframe and hit it on the left side only (bypassing the nose), the forehead would still hit first. The bridge under the eye is the lowest part of the face (if I'm saying that right) is nature's way to protect the eyes.

I'm no expert, but IMHO this couldn't be caused by a door frame. A hand, or a spoon maybe, but not a door frame.

Just my opinion -- again, I'm only speculating.

MOOOO

Mel

I think your scenario fits if she walked straight into the door with her head held in it's usual position. If she was turning to look at the door, iow turning her head to the left (as the bruise is on her left) and looking up (as if she was looking up to listen to someone) I think she could have nailed her cheek while turning.

Heck, my son opened the car door and nailed his face. I think he was looking at me instead of paying attention to the car door.

Kids are clumsy. I'm not saying this to make an accident a fact in Aliayah's case. I'm just sharing that even at just turned 9, my son is still clumsy. both the dual shiner and nailing himself in the face with the car door have occured since the start of this school year.

When my son was elbowed in the eye, that bruise spread much further down into his cheek area similiar to the bruise and coloring of the bruise on Aliayah's face. In my sons case, it looked much much worse a few days later than it did the day it occured.

highpass.jpg

I don't believe this is a fair representation of what Aliayah really looked like in the released photo. In your version, look at the outside of her arms. She'd have had to been black and blue up and down the outside and inside of both arms. Plus there is a very dark spot around her neck as if someone was choking her, which I don't see in the photo released by the FBI.

jmo

Here is the link to the released poster.

http://www.wv.gov/fusioncenter/Documents/LunsfordAliayah.pdf

Looking at the reddish area on Aliayah's chest next to her collar bone it looks to me like a mosquito bite. I see the same shape red round spot almost directly next to her collar bone and a little redness immediately surrounding the mark left from the bite itself. I'm 99% certain this is just a mosquito bite. Take a close look, it's fairly easy to spot.

Mornin everyone- I won't say "good" because it doesn't feel so "good" to me.
I am so sad...and angry..I have cried so hard that I'm getting a migraine. My emotions are all over the place ..

If its the last thing I do-I will find out why it took the FBI so long to release this picture.
IF I have to make the trip to West Virginia, I will -to talk to the neighbor, LL refused to talk to, to find out IF and WHEN this little one was seen last. It is disturbing that NOONE has came forward to say -oh yea-i saw her at wal mart (or wherever)
The excuses have to stop. They aren't helping find this little girl. In fact they are damaging her further.
I have been thinking about the timing of the reward ...and the "searching" and i am troubled.
WHOEVER thinks ALiayah looks "happy" in that picture ----has worse eyesight than i do.
And one more thing...I don't appreciate ANYONE trying to discredit the men and women who have worked 24/7 to find Aliayah-.IF they weren't working this case...well nevermind.
And no the FBI isn't trying to make LL or her family look bad. They don't need too. LL and RL and gma -have done that for themselves. Period. There simply are NO excuses-when not only a child is missing , but when you see marks this badly on a child -on SEVERAL occasions, and her four teeth are missing and NO she didn't go to a dentist..the FBI would certainy report that.

I think your scenario fits if she walked straight into the door with her head held in it's usual position. If she was turning to look at the door, iow turning her head to the left (as the bruise is on her left) and looking up (as if she was looking up to listen to someone) I think she could have nailed her cheek while turning.

Heck, my son opened the car door and nailed his face. I think he was looking at me instead of paying attention to the car door.

Kids are clumsy. I'm not saying this to make an accident a fact in Aliayah's case. I'm just sharing that even at just turned 9, my son is still clumsy. both the dual shiner and nailing himself in the face with the car door have occured since the start of this school year.

When my son was elbowed in the eye, that bruise spread much further down into his cheek area similiar to the bruise and coloring of the bruise on Aliayah's face. In my sons case, it looked much much worse a few days later than it did the day it occured.

Cubby, I respect your opinions and input SO much! And I do know that bruising changes colors as days pass. IF they claimed she stumbled into a door-period...thats one thing-but that is NOT the way this has been presented.

It was on a phone, but gma didnt know how the pic got there, and the accident had happened NOT days before. Also her teeth-it has been told she was taken to a dentist, yet the FBI claim they have NO clue what happened. Wouldn't they say--she was taken to a dentist and the opinion was?!! That along with the fact that not only her mom or gma will speak...is heartbreaking.
I can't take this ---and am finally realizing i might be going into the wrong profession.

I am so sad...and angry..I have cried so hard that I'm getting a migraine. My emotions are all over the place ..

If its the last thing I do-I will find out why it took the FBI so long to release this picture.
IF I have to make the trip to West Virginia, I will -to talk to the neighbor, LL refused to talk to, to find out IF and WHEN this little one was seen last. It is disturbing that NOONE has came forward to say -oh yea-i saw her at wal mart (or wherever)
The excuses have to stop. They aren't helping find this little girl. In fact they are damaging her further.
I have been thinking about the timing of the reward ...and the "searching" and i am troubled.
WHOEVER thinks ALiayah looks "happy" in that picture ----has worse eyesight than i do.
And one more thing...I don't appreciate ANYONE trying to discredit the men and women who have worked 24/7 to find Aliayah-.IF they weren't working this case...well nevermind.
And no the FBI isn't trying to make LL or her family look bad. They don't need too. LL and RL and gma -have done that for themselves. Period. There simply are NO excuses-when not only a child is missing , but when you see marks this badly on a child -on SEVERAL occasions, and her four teeth are missing and NO she didn't go to a dentist..the FBI would certainy report that.

I woke up feeling the same way...especially about LL RL and GMA! ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES!!!

Snipped and BBM
Actually, to me her eyes reflect far more pain and sadness than anyone of her chronological years should have endured.

I think the photo is inviting someone to come forward and tell what they know. The other siblings were taken from the home and you have a child missing with a bruised up face. The photo and the siblings removal is acknowledging that the FBI knows what happened and they need people to come forward!

I can't imagine why someone would take a picture of a child if the bruises came from the hand of an adult. Unless it was for proof that the child was abused. In my opinion, grandma needs to talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member