WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe this is a fair representation of what Aliayah really looked like in the released photo. In your version, look at the outside of her arms. She'd have had to been black and blue up and down the outside and inside of both arms. Plus there is a very dark spot around her neck as if someone was choking her, which I don't see in the photo released by the FBI.

jmo

It shows in the photo what is shadow and what cannot be explained as shadow. You can see absence of light vs unexplained discoloration. The outside of her arms is shadow, immediately under her chin shadow, then light...then the marks on her chest which are not shadow. If you take the photo posted by the original person and do nothing else than the filter, no manipulation...that is what you see. All I did was try to find out what was shadow and what was not. I wanted to see also if the photo has been altered. If you do this filter, the editing looks like smears over the pixelated photo. The mark on her chest, not neck are the most apparent and upsetting to me. I also tried to do a few filters to see if I could make out a pattern of what it could be but the picture resolution is too poor.

If Aliayah has been seen by a dentist those records could be (and maybe already have been) examined and/or subpeoned by the authorities. Pretty simple if you have the legal authority to check dental records if there's an investigation ongoing. Dentists are also mandated to report suspected child abuse as are other medical professions, teachers, librarians, etc, at least under the law here in WV. Not saying that actually happened here, but that is the law.
What I wouldn't give to see one picture of that beautiful little face with an actual honest-to-gosh happy smile on it.:cry:

If Aliayah has been seen by a dentist those records could be (and maybe already have been) examined and/or subpeoned by the authorities. Pretty simple if you have the legal authority to check dental records if there's an investigation ongoing. Dentists are also mandated to report suspected child abuse as are other medical professions, teachers, librarians, etc, at least under the law here in WV. Not saying that actually happened here, but that is the law.
What I wouldn't give to see one picture of that beautiful little face with an actual honest-to-gosh happy smile on it.:cry:

BBM Right there with ya.

Snipped and BBM
Actually, to me her eyes reflect far more pain and sadness than anyone of her chronological years should have endured.

I agree. There is some heavy deep emotional pain in those eyes. Which immediately speaks to me she just doesn't understand why the world isn't right at an age far too young for anyone to feel that way.

It shows in the photo what is shadow and what cannot be explained as shadow. You can see absence of light vs unexplained discoloration. The outside of her arms is shadow, immediately under her chin shadow, then light...then the marks on her chest which are not shadow. If you take the photo posted by the original person and do nothing else than the filter, no manipulation...that is what you see. All I did was try to find out what was shadow and what was not. I wanted to see also if the photo has been altered. If you do this filter, the editing looks like smears over the pixelated photo. The mark on her chest, not neck are the most apparent and upsetting to me. I also tried to do a few filters to see if I could make out a pattern of what it could be but the picture resolution is too poor.

I'm just not seeing it. I've spent a great deal of my time here at WS in the UID forum, studying morgue photo's and looking to match up the missing and unidentified. Hundreds of morgue photo's, for blemishes, moles, bone structure.... I'm just simply seeing nothing other than trying to make that released photo into something that just isn't there.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

jmo

Cubby, I respect your opinions and input SO much! And I do know that bruising changes colors as days pass. IF they claimed she stumbled into a door-period...thats one thing-but that is NOT the way this has been presented.

It was on a phone, but gma didnt know how the pic got there, and the accident had happened NOT days before. Also her teeth-it has been told she was taken to a dentist, yet the FBI claim they have NO clue what happened. Wouldn't they say--she was taken to a dentist and the opinion was?!! That along with the fact that not only her mom or gma will speak...is heartbreaking.
I can't take this ---and am finally realizing i might be going into the wrong profession.

Forgive me if this has been answered. Who owned the phone? And why would we believe if Aliayah was being abused she was still allowed to visit family? IIRC this photo was cropped to remove another family member (maybe LL's sister?) out of the photo? I'm not familiar enough with the case players.... but it seems to me if any of the children were being beaten LL would have isolated them from friends and family.

Forgive me if this has been answered. Who owned the phone? And why would we believe if Aliayah was being abused she was still allowed to visit family? IIRC this photo was cropped to remove another family member (maybe LL's sister?) out of the photo? I'm not familiar enough with the case players.... but it seems to me if any of the children were being beaten LL would have isolated them from friends and family.

It was g'ma's phone. LL's sister Wendy was removed. She might have let them come around if they believed her explanations that Aliayah was a clumsy little girl. And IIRC most of the family claims to have seen them VERY LITTLE since May when LL and the kids moved out of G'ma's house.

Was the sister of LL in the photo with Aliayah the same sister who was reported earlier to live beside LL in Weston? It would be hard to isolate a child from a family member who lived that close.

Vickie has the original photo. Wouldn't she be able to see the other bruises on the original if they were there?

Was the sister of LL in the photo with Aliayah the same sister who was reported earlier to live beside LL in Weston? It would be hard to isolate a child from a family member who lived that close.

Vickie has the original photo. Wouldn't she be able to see the other bruises on the original if they were there?

I think it MIGHT depend on her computer and its settings.

In my opinion, LL & her immediate family are saying as little as possible because it's harder to get caught in a lie when you keep your mouth shut. She's been in legal trouble long enough to have learned that one.

LL must be really angry about that picture being released. I hope LE interviews her again after she's gotten good and mad...maybe she'll slip up and lead them to what happened to Aliayah. It's harder to keep up with the lies when a person is raging mad.

In my opinion, LL & her immediate family are saying as little as possible because it's harder to get caught in a lie when you keep your mouth shut. She's been in legal trouble long enough to have learned that one.

LL must be really angry about that picture being released. I hope LE interviews her again after she's gotten good and mad...maybe she'll slip up and lead them to what happened to Aliayah. It's harder to keep up with the lies when a person is raging mad.

Agreed. If she told the truth about how little Aliayah got the bruise, her story won't change one iota this many months later.

When the L family moved, is it possible they moved to avoid CPS from one jurisdiction while the case was moved to another? I've heard of people doing that. I wonder if that is the case here. Especially if that photo was taken by grandma as a means to 'threaten' LL with calling CPS if things didn't shape up in the home. Perhaps she thought threatening would cause LL and RL to shape up, but never really planned on following through with reporting known abuse. Especially if she feared LL would lose ALL the children like she has now.

My apologies if this has been discussed previously. I haven't been able to read all the posts in all the threads.

jmo

Agreed. If she told the truth about how little Aliayah got the bruise, her story won't change one iota this many months later.

When the L family moved, is it possible they moved to avoid CPS from one jurisdiction while the case was moved to another? I've heard of people doing that. I wonder if that is the case here. Especially if that photo was taken by grandma as a means to 'threaten' LL with calling CPS if things didn't shape up in the home. Perhaps she thought threatening would cause LL and RL to shape up, but never really planned on following through with reporting known abuse. Especially if she feared LL would lose ALL the children like she has now.

My apologies if this has been discussed previously. I haven't been able to read all the posts in all the threads.

jmo

Not if the move was in the same county. The DHHR's "districts" are the individual counties.

It was edited to remove another person from the photo, which was not necessary. You could not see that person's face.

I was taking pictures a couple of years ago. There was a "rainbow" with blue skies, white clouds and the sun shining.

(Photography rule #1 - The sun is almost never your friend.)
I took several pictures of this "rainbow" and then gave up, because the sun was too bright.

When I was editing the pictures I completely forgot about it and was just "darkening" the pictures of the clouds.

The "rainbow" popped out at me. Once I darkened the picture, it was there.
The sky around it did end up darker than it had been in real life, but the "rainbow" was accurate.

I would post before and after pictures if they weren't on my external hard drive.
But I think most can probably imagine, if this whole picture was lighter... the "rainbow" would fade away...

rainbow32.jpg

Sometimes a picture has to be edited to even see what is already there.
Just because it isn't visible in the original image, doesn't mean it isn't there at all.

I have had the same experience with bruises.
I always have to darken the pictures to reflect what the bruise actually looks like.
It's amazing what can be hidden in a picture when you are staring right at it... :twocents:

IMO LL and gma are good "storytellers.." and the family believed them (or so they say) ..so Aliayah wouldn't necessarily have to be isolated from THEM. It is the real world-they would need to worry about!! That is why I want to know when someone outside that family can step up and say- I saw Aliayah Lunsford on this date and at this place. Do you guys remember how we went round and round about the gag order? --So now we are supposed to believe that the pic was taken by someone that gma doesn't know-but it was found on gmas phone. And you bet your butt's they are mad this has been made public.....

It was edited to remove another person from the photo, which was not necessary. You could not see that person's face.

And even if you could see her face, she is an adult, and a family member. Now WHY in this world wouldnt an aunt want her pic made public with her missing neice?

Unless--someone could place the two together? I just don't know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ONF21772