WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want to influence anyone else's interpretation. I also showed the pic to my husband. It took him a bit of time BUT he did pick up on it. It's sideways BUT there are eyes, nose, mouth, ears of a child peering thru the clouds. Was there a superimposed pic in this ???

I don't know if it is "really" there or not, but I see exactly what you do!!!

Thank you so much for coming here to share that with all of us!!!! I wish I could hug your neck!!! You are a blessing to me--

You are another one who deserves thanks, CJMajorgirl, you are here endlessly...... I adore you for that!!!!!

Ps - Cubby, too, and everyone I missed, and of course Vickie and Tina, you are her voice!!!! :)

I've not read anything about this case, don't know any of the details. I only just saw the missing poster, such a sad, battered child. :( She looks like she's biting her bottom lip in the picture. So sad that so many precious babies go missing.

Hi, I'm new here, but have been reading ever since our little angel went missing. I don't post anything anywhere about who I think did something or didn't do something to our little gal. I just wanted to clear up something....There was no confusion whatsoever as to who Aliayah was at the church. I AM the woman who met her and talked to her there. Her brother was there also. The church had a Clothing Give A Way on Saturday, August 20th, from 9 A.M. to 1 P.M, Aliayah, her Mom and brother were there for maybe an hour and a half looking through clothes. That's the day that she grabbed my heart with those eyes and I fell in love with her. I found a little pink princess shirt and wanted her to take it, but she wouldn't even touch it until her Mom came and told her it was OK to. I asked her what her name was and I could just understand "Leeah" was what it sounded like she said. I thought she was a very shy little gal. I can honestly say that on that date, there were no bruises 'showing'. I even made the remark to her Mom that she had angel skin, she is a beautiful little gal. There were 4 of us women in the church at the time, they went up to our pavilion where there were more people and shoes and they found her a little pair of pink plaid tennis shoes. They came back down to the church and Aliayah and her brother each got a cookie and a juicy juice. I will NEVER forget her sitting there taking a bite of cookie and holding that little foot up to admire her new shoes....She smiled that day and that smile was worth more than money could ever buy, I'll never forget it......Anyway, I don't want to stick my nose in anywhere, but I just wanted to clear that up. There was no confusion whatsoever, and LE knows all about this sighting. Thanks!

God Bless you for makin Baby A smile!:gthanks:

Lynnb, just want to say I admire your dedication to this case :) I check in every day, and you are always here, Aliayah's faithful angel, thank you for that!

awwww....thank you. You're gonna make me cry. This little one snuck right into my heart and stole a little piece I will never get back. It's hers now.

Hi, I'm new here, but have been reading ever since our little angel went missing. I don't post anything anywhere about who I think did something or didn't do something to our little gal. I just wanted to clear up something....There was no confusion whatsoever as to who Aliayah was at the church. I AM the woman who met her and talked to her there. Her brother was there also. The church had a Clothing Give A Way on Saturday, August 20th, from 9 A.M. to 1 P.M, Aliayah, her Mom and brother were there for maybe an hour and a half looking through clothes. That's the day that she grabbed my heart with those eyes and I fell in love with her. I found a little pink princess shirt and wanted her to take it, but she wouldn't even touch it until her Mom came and told her it was OK to. I asked her what her name was and I could just understand "Leeah" was what it sounded like she said. I thought she was a very shy little gal. I can honestly say that on that date, there were no bruises 'showing'. I even made the remark to her Mom that she had angel skin, she is a beautiful little gal. There were 4 of us women in the church at the time, they went up to our pavilion where there were more people and shoes and they found her a little pair of pink plaid tennis shoes. They came back down to the church and Aliayah and her brother each got a cookie and a juicy juice. I will NEVER forget her sitting there taking a bite of cookie and holding that little foot up to admire her new shoes....She smiled that day and that smile was worth more than money could ever buy, I'll never forget it......Anyway, I don't want to stick my nose in anywhere, but I just wanted to clear that up. There was no confusion whatsoever, and LE knows all about this sighting. Thanks!

This broke my heart to pieces. I don't think I could love her any more. To feel so much joy getting a used pair of shoes and a cookie....

I have to say, and this is my opinion only, that I saw absolutely nothing abnormal about their interaction that day, Her brother was a 'busy' little guy, wanting to go through everything at once, and his Mom showed very much patience with him, Aliayah didn't touch anything without her Mom's consent. I thought she was just a shy 3 year old, I saw nothing out of the ordinary about the way they were as a 'family'. There were just the 2 children with her that day. She told me that she had 5 all together, the other 3 were home, and she was expecting twins. It was really like a normal family, I have to say......That being said, I have to add that I am totally NOT taking up for anyone, or pointing fingers at anyone.

Thank you for answering. It was touching to read about the big smile on her face looking at her new shoes. If wish we had a snapshot of that happy face on that day.....she was probably so proud and couldn't wait to show her new shoes off to everyone.

So now what, Lena? All your little subsidies are gone...no more freebies courtesy of the taxpayers. Might as well tell where you stashed that beautiful little child you named Aliayah. She would have been an absolute blessing for a couple who wanted a child to love and nurture. How selfish and truly inhumane to keep a child you no longer wanted, and then make her permanently disappear.
We didn't even know of her existence until she apparently no longer existed. We opened our hearts to Aliayah when we saw her picture on the missing child poster. It has been hard to not think about this little sweetheart with the way-too-sad eyes. There was no joy in her face. Children should experience joy as a part of everyday activities. Aliayah was missing that joy. What happened to her to cause such unhappiness?
Now we finally got to see another picture of Aliayah, one we had been promised for some time. We expected a normal-looking picture of a contented little sweetheart. Instead, the newer, more recent picture of little Aliayah was not just disappointing, it was outrageous . No wonder it took so long for that photo to be released. Poor sweet innocent Aliayah. What really happened to this beautiful, battered and bruised little child? Just so you know, we are not going to forget about her.

MOO

I think it took a while for the picture to get released because LE was examining it for location & when it was taken. Also to examine the condition of Aliayah when it was taken.

I don't think I've seen a missing child poster with other people in it, other than when they are also looking for the abductor. So maybe it's just policy to edit out anyone else in every missing person picture?
Late to the dance here, but I'd think that if posters were made with other people in it, folks might assume the "other people" are wanted for abduction of the missing child. Then instead of looking for a missing child who could be with anyone, people would be looking for a missing child with the person in the poster (does that make any sense? Longlonglonglong day).

I didn't want to influence anyone else's interpretation. I also showed the pic to my husband. It took him a bit of time BUT he did pick up on it. It's sideways BUT there are eyes, nose, mouth, ears of a child peering thru the clouds. Was there a superimposed pic in this ???
I see it as well. Made my hair stand on end because it's so clear. Surely it's superimposed?

Sending a lot of prayers and positive energy toward Aliayah and those in her extended family who have chosen to stand up for her. Thank you to Vickie and other family members for being a voice for this little angel.

I have been traveling and just saw the picture posted by the FBI! In that picture I see a little girl who looks tortured. The bruise on her cheek, redness above her upper lip, bruises or scratches on her upper chest and left arm. Her hair is pulled back so severely that it must hurt. Does she have makeup around her eyes? It looks like she is "made-up" to look older.

She is a baby, she is only 3 years old!

Has this been discussed here? I don't have time to look back through the thread.

I must really need new glasses because I'm not seeing anything.

Right! I'm really good at hidden objects games.. but absolutely suck with pictures like this one!

Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
I must really need new glasses because I'm not seeing anything.

Right! I'm really good at hidden objects games.. but absolutely suck with pictures like this one!

MsFacetious, made a truly insightful comment about using photographic methods to detect bruising. I understand what she was saying and agree that there are other bruises on Aliayah's that are not visible at first.

This is not a game, there is no hidden code or hidden pictures. That was not the intent of MsFacetious's post. Can we please get back to the focus of the thread...where is this sweet little baby girl?

Yes, three-year-olds are still babies!! They are not little dolls to be made up to look older than their years.

MsFacetious, made a truly insightful comment about using photographic methods to detect bruising. I understand what she was saying and agree that there are other bruises on Aliayah's that are not visible at first.

This is not a game, there is no hidden code or hidden pictures. That was not the intent of MsFacetious's post. Can we please get back to the focus of the thread...where is this sweet little baby girl?

Yes, three-year-olds are still babies!! They are not little dolls to be made up to look older than their years.

My four year old love to dress up and she is my baby doll. I cherish her and love to see her spin in her favorite dress. All little girls should have a good spin in a frilly dress.

I think you are right. I also think the "immediate" family and the truth are strangers. Thats just how it is. I bet LL AND gma aren't too happy right now. Peronally, I have never had a gma pull out a pic of their grandchild that looks ANYTHING like this. No way do I believe that gma is too emotional to look at pics or search....

I want to know if gma ever received benefits for the children.

I'm sure she did receive benefits while she had custody if them when LL was in prison. Not positive of how that works though. So maybe "sure" is the wrong word...:waitasec:

I have to say, and this is my opinion only, that I saw absolutely nothing abnormal about their interaction that day, Her brother was a 'busy' little guy, wanting to go through everything at once, and his Mom showed very much patience with him, Aliayah didn't touch anything without her Mom's consent. I thought she was just a shy 3 year old, I saw nothing out of the ordinary about the way they were as a 'family'. There were just the 2 children with her that day. She told me that she had 5 all together, the other 3 were home, and she was expecting twins. It was really like a normal family, I have to say......That being said, I have to add that I am totally NOT taking up for anyone, or pointing fingers at anyone.

Hi BTGOGWWV, Welcome to WS! We love to have local people join to give their first hand accounts of the story. Our feet on the streets! Have you been verified as a local by the WS Administrators? I am traveling so I might have missed that post, but there is a process to be verified. It is pretty simple, just look in the FAQ area of the website and you will find directions.

Also interesting that all this time Joann had a recent photo of Aliayah but didn't feel the need to share it. All IMO

Hmmm wonder why she didn't release this sooner? She had to be aware that the community was practically begging for newer and different photos of Aliayah. Why the hesitation grandma?

I also read that the FBI was "preparing a new photo to be released" but it took a couple weeks or so to get the new posters. If Aliayah were still thought to be alive it would have been treated in a more urgent manner. A photo would have been released immediately so the public could see it. Sadly it appears they may already know the outcome is not going to be good.

I'm sure she did receive benefits while she had custody if them when LL was in prison. Not positive of how that works though. So maybe "sure" is the wrong word...:waitasec:

I know nothing of LLs mothers economic circumstance but the cost involved taking care of 4 children is pretty high. Especially when you add in medical care. So chances are she did receive food stamps and a medical card for the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz