WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all that effort. Why are we looking at this paperwork?

People were wondering if benefits would be stopped because of the arrest which could put them in a desperate situation.

From what I read in those papers, a court action or administrative decision would be made before benefits were terminated. Typical DHHR "speak". Court action could mean charged or convicted?

O/T....happened in Philadelphia...knew you guys would be interested.
10 kids removed from woman charged with enslaving disabled
http://www.startribune.com/nation/132117493.html

Among the group was Beatrice Weston, 19, a niece reported missing in 2009.
Investigators are trying to find the parents of the children, and police said two of the children may be related to one of the adult victims kept in the basement. Others may have been kidnapped.

I'm finding lots of indictments for welfare fraud in WV. All of them in Country Court. None so far brought federal charges. I'm betting we will see more federal charges brought before the Nov. date when she is supposed to go back to court.

I'm finding lots of indictments for welfare fraud in WV. All of them in Country Court. None so far brought federal charges. I'm betting we will see more federal charges brought before the Nov. date when she is supposed to go back to court.

Sounds like interesting reading. Got a link?

Sounds like interesting reading. Got a link?

no, I didn't save any of the links. I just googled welfare fraud wv indictments.

Most counties send the media a list of grand jury indictments after grand jury is over. That's what I was reading. Went back a couple of years for several counties. INteresting reading but did not help my faith in humanity!

http://www.justice.gov/usao/wvn/news.html

That is the link for
Federal Court press releases for the northern district.

WV needs to get on the ball and put criminal & civil records online by county.

Investigators are trying to find the parents of the children, and police said two of the children may be related to one of the adult victims kept in the basement. Others may have been kidnapped.

Wow! That is horrible. I wonder how many missing persons are associated with her?!!!!! Do we have this on "Crimes In the News" here on WS?

Hope so, I think there will be a body trail in several states..........

Kidnapped? These low-lifes came from Florida to PA...good chance they came through WV to get there (*shudders*). Will be interesting to see what transpires with these children and if any are ones who disappeared "without a trace". Lock them up and throw away the key! Sick!

Good night, sweet Aliayah, and I hope and pray that you are somewhere safe and warm. Please, God, let today be the day this angel is found, it's too cold for her to be outside. Aliayah, honey, your WS family loves you...

WHERE IS ALIAYAH????? :( :( :( WE WANT HER FOUND!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

I am glad that she is carrying the twins to closer to full term. I hope they are born healthy and get to grow up in a safe and loving home.

Please Aliayah, help us find you.

I am glad that she is carrying the twins to closer to full term. I hope they are born healthy and get to grow up in a safe and loving home.

Please Aliayah, help us find you.

Me too. I may lot like the incubator, but the babies deserve the very best chance at life. Hopefully away from the egg donor.

MOO

Mel

For the past 2 days a very low flying airplane(s?) has been all over the properties in my area (I live within a 2 mile radius from Aliayah's house). I know it isn't the utility companies because they utilize helicopters. Have any of the other locals on here heard anything that could have to do with a plane(or airplanes)? Wouldn't they be using helicopters to search?? And no, this isn't normal activity. The leaves are shedding more and more everyday, which would make a search by aircraft easier, but I don't know.

For the past 2 days a very low flying airplane(s?) has been all over the properties in my area (I live within a 2 mile radius from Aliayah's house). I know it isn't the utility companies because they utilize helicopters. Have any of the other locals on here heard anything that could have to do with a plane(or airplanes)? Wouldn't they be using helicopters to search?? And no, this isn't normal activity. The leaves are shedding more and more everyday, which would make a search by aircraft easier, but I don't know.

Where is the nearest airport? Would it be the one in Jackson's Mill? Are they flying in a grid pattern? Could be the planes from the state fire academy? Only other thing I could think of was oil & gas planes doing research. Would be great if they were searching for Aliayah!

I will be looking for a federal grand jury indictment next time the grand jury meets in Clarksburg. I think they have evidence but not sure if they have enough for an arrest, since they haven't found Aliayah. Anyone know when the next Lewis County grand jury meets? I don't think it will go through the county courts because of FBI involvement, but maybe?

November 7th.

Last year CPS could become involved because a child was "at risk". Children could be removed and parental rights terminated when the parents did not succeed in completing what DHHR required. IF the parents did do what DHHR wanted, whether a petition in circuit was filed or not, then they got their children back.

Now they investigate when there are "signs" of abuse (not suspected abuse).

I have been through this regarding my grandson and can tell you that even with previous substantiated abuse where a petition was filed new allegations are not heeded even when it is on video.

Maybe Aliayah's Law should be more about protecting those children who have already been in the system.

One thing addressed in Aliayah's Law is that DHHR is usually already in contact with "at risk" children, be it by past reports, criminal histories, etc. The important thing that we are addressing is that DHHR and CPS needs more manpower and funding to adequately do their jobs.

Has it been reported anywhere that LE has asked the family not to speak to the media? I'm seeing people claiming to be related posting all over the internet but nothing in the media at all.

When the FBI ordered the media from the Bendale church and surrounding area, they stated that media was not to talk to the volunteers who were searching AND the immediate family.

One reporter attempted to contact the family on Dennison Street and all the family did was close the blinds. As of yesterday, no family members have been in contact with the media, including those interviewed on-air at the time of the disappearance.

At least two of the investigators were noted in a conversation, stating that they had received calls from the Nancy Grace show. They told the shows producers that they did not want this to be a media circus and they would be wasting their time coming here.

Checking in this morning.. thought just maybe there'd be news of a miracle about finding lil Aliayah.. I think of her alot. Her lil sad face. Way past time to find her.. :(

One thing addressed in Aliayah's Law is that DHHR is usually already in contact with "at risk" children, be it by past reports, criminal histories, etc. The important thing that we are addressing is that DHHR and CPS needs more manpower and funding to adequately do their jobs.

CPS needs more case workers also. The problem is huge and it's only getting worse because of the increase in drug use & the lack of jobs. I think that a mandatory 7 day stay of inpatient mental health evaluatin/treatment should be required for any parent whose children are removed because of neglect or abuse. Then outpatient treatment until it's determined that it's safe to reunite the parents & children. CPS workers and the courts don't have the information they need to adequatly determine if it's safe to let the child/children be returned to their parents. In a lot of cases, it's a guessing game.

We also need a lot more inpatient drug rehab centers to help people stop using. A brother of a friend of mine tried to get in one for alcohol abuse for a year and couldn't get in because the waiting list was so long. Finally, his family went to court to get him in. It shouldn't be that hard to get someone help but it is.

I have been against mandatory drug testing for people who get welfare but I would change that position if there was mandatory treatment for anyone who tested positive. I think the state could greatly improve the lives of many of our children if the parents would get some help for their addictions. In patient treatment can be very successful but about impossible to get unless it's court ordered.

It's my opinion that LL has needed mental health treatment probably since she was a child. The system failed her just as much as it failed her children. We have to break the cycle.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member