WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What got me all fired up when I heard about the press conference was that CRJ had just booked a 29 year-old woman from Lewis county on unknown felony charges. I just hate coincidences.

Same here. I even mentioned it here, thinking naw, can't be a coincidence, has to be her. That will teach me to ASSume...

Buying food stamps is also a felony crime if over $100. The person who bought them should have also been charged. I'm surprised the local media didn't ask for that paperwork also.

Killeen needs to start referring to "that child/the child" as ALIAYAH. She has a name and it needs to be spoken!

LE had a perfect opportunity to get Aliayah's picture out there and plea for help from the public. Instead they announce arrest of mom on unrelated charges. No doubt this was a statement from LE to some people. :cow: LE knows what went down. I agree that drugs are gonna factor in here somewhere....JMO

I think this makes more sense than anything else.

I wish.. but doubt it. I think they're just trying to put the "squeeze" on her to let her know she's being watched and that she's not going to be able to live life as she has been. Don't think this will affect someone like her though....

I agree, when you lack a moral compass the only fear, is that of being caught. This will make her more cautious for a period until the heat is off again. I do think that people like this tend to slip back into their old habit though, eventually.

So they are using a snitch, perhaps?
I can see LE making this arrest hoping to get something more from her, but after the gang in Florida, I have my doubts about it being a success. People will obviously endure a lot to NOT admit to harming a child...JMO

I didn't follow the Florida gang closely, not at all..... so this is just a guess, but I get the distinct impression the Florida gang are like rocket scientists compared to LL and co. Any thoughts from anyone who followed the Fla gang? I could be way off....

I think this makes more sense than anything else.

And nothing from the family either. That makes me :maddening: Only one reason comes to mind for the lack of pleas from the family and LE. And its not a good one. :(

I didn't follow the Florida gang closely, not at all..... so this is just a guess, but I get the distinct impression the Florida gang are like rocket scientists compared to LL and co. Any thoughts from anyone who followed the Fla gang? I could be way off....

Well, they did get busted on tape selling pills...even though they had to know they were being watched every minute...so it may be a toss-up...

Interesting article that explains one hospital's policy about drug abuse and pregnant women. This is very disturbing! 1 in 3 tested positive early in pregnancy for drugs. It also says the hospital doesn't report drug use until the baby is born AND there are drugs in the baby's system.

Many pregnant women abusing drugs

Anyone know what the law is for randomly testing for drugs in a newborn? Will LL's babies be tested after birth?

Interesting article that explains one hospital's policy about drug abuse and pregnant women. This is very disturbing! 1 in 3 tested positive early in pregnancy for drugs. It also says the hospital doesn't report drug use until the baby is born AND there are drugs in the baby's system.

Many pregnant women abusing drugs

Anyone know what the law is for randomly testing for drugs in a newborn? Will LL's babies be tested after birth?

I think that since her children are already out of her custody, but not knowing the official reason so guessing here, I'd say yes they will test. I do believe if they found the conditions bad enough to take the other children, there's little chance of her bringing those twins home with her. I sure as #$% hope she can't....moo

Does LL have previous drug-related convictions? Just trying to remember because there were a couple posts about selling food stamps for drug money. Sorry, I really don't remember.

Does LL have previous drug-related convictions? Just trying to remember because there were a couple posts about selling food stamps for drug money. Sorry, I really don't remember.

I believe the charges were lying to LE, forgery and uttering.

I've had complete strangers come up to me in our local grocery store parking lot & offer to buy my groceries with food stamps in exchange for money.

This is a common occurrence sadly. Here in my area the going rate is fifty cents on the dollar. So if someone is selling the use of their Link (Snap) card the purchaser gets $200 dollars worth of groceries for $100 cash paid to the card owner.

I think this is just to apply more pressure to LL. This confirms all our conviction that LE is watching her movements closely right now in hopes it will eventually lead to information on Aliayah. I also think this development is going to help the case for keeping her children exactly where they are - in DCF custody, safe from possible harm.

While perhaps not related to Aliayah's case, it certainly gives us one more piece to the puzzle as to character of mom.

MOO

One of the news stations on TV (not sure if it was WDTV or WBOY, was at the neighbors, but think it was WDTV) had video of LL walking around outside of the courthouse talking on a cell phone. She was still pregnant. Don't know if it was because it was a video and not in person, but she did not look big enough to be term with twins.

Today he referred to Aliayah as "the missing girl".

I found this annoying too but will note that he did so after Aliayah was first referred to by a male reporter as "the missing girl". But he continued to do so throughout the presser which is really aggravating, at least to me.

Kudos to the female reporter who made sure to refer to Aliayah by name when posing her questions.

Can someone tell me when the children were removed? I ask because she shouldn't receive any benefits for herself or RL since they've had convictions. So if the children aren't with her then how could she receive benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592