WV WV - Alta, WhtFem 37-47, 275UFWV, skeletal in roadside dump, May'01

Thanks for the update, Christine. We get frustrated that things don't move faster, but I guess LE has to deal with legalities and red tape.

Shadow, there is one thing that might work. Get a letter from the family saying they believe this might be a match, and listing their contacts with the LE since the body has been found. Attach all documents and written contacts to the letter. Attach the info about the free DNA labs and ask for their assistance. Then walk or mail certified to your senators and state reps. Then if you don't hear anything in a couple of weeks, give them a followup call.
Two reasons for doing it this way.
1. They have held hearings about the unidentified problems, but as far as I know have not made it a law that DNA has to be done on UID's. This type of situation is a perfect illustration of the problems.
2. A call from a legislator inquiring about the situation often makes a government agency pay a bit more attention. May help with the jurisdicition problems and get the DNA test.

Send it to all of them if you can, because you never know which one will listen.

mysteriew said:
Shadow, there is one thing that might work. Get a letter from the family saying they believe this might be a match, and listing their contacts with the LE since the body has been found. Attach all documents and written contacts to the letter. Attach the info about the free DNA labs and ask for their assistance. Then walk or mail certified to your senators and state reps. Then if you don't hear anything in a couple of weeks, give them a followup call.
Two reasons for doing it this way.
1. They have held hearings about the unidentified problems, but as far as I know have not made it a law that DNA has to be done on UID's. This type of situation is a perfect illustration of the problems.
2. A call from a legislator inquiring about the situation often makes a government agency pay a bit more attention. May help with the jurisdicition problems and get the DNA test.

Send it to all of them if you can, because you never know which one will listen.
Great advice,

My email crashed so I lost of alot of our initial correspondence...if IIRC, LE in NC refused to order the test, some FBI agent said HE didn't think it was a match....that is when we starting bugging WV ME, who said they would see about ordering the test, I have been told they ordered the test and will recollect the DNA, but this sister says this STILL has not been done.

Waiting for updates from sis to see exactly where we are before calling WV ME back, I think they can and seemed to be willing to order this test, the UID is at the Smithsonian, and Delores DNA was supposed to be there, that is why I am confused about why I got the message they need to recollect?

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date:[/font] [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:45 AM [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]From:[/font] [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cuecenter@aol.com [url="http://mail.charter.net/images/mail/cb_addaddress.gif?l=en-US&v=charter"]http://mail.charter.net/images/mail/cb_addaddress.gif?l=en-US&v=charter[/url] [url="http://mail.charter.net/images/mail/sender_block.gif?l=en-US&v=charter"]http://mail.charter.net/images/mail/sender_block.gif?l=en-US&v=charter[/url] [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]To:[/font] [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]coldcaseinvestigations@charter.net [url="http://mail.charter.net/images/mail/cb_addaddress.gif?l=en-US&v=charter"]http://mail.charter.net/images/mail/cb_addaddress.gif?l=en-US&v=charter[/url] [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Subject:[/font] [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Re: Updates [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font][/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Size:[/font] [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]15 KB [/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Attachments:[/font] [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a message dated 3/14/2007 11:57:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, coldcaseinvestigations@charter.net writes:
I have sent this 4 times, can you PLEASE help me by answering this questions???
Sorry but I have responded to this over a month ago - FYI sometimes we are overwhelmed in cases and it takes awhile to answer emails, but I did respond. We print out all emails and put into the case. thank you

>
> > Hiya! Hope this email finds you doing well.
> >
> > We have not yet heard if the DNA testing has been done....

The family was contacted by the coroner and was to set up a time to let SC take the DNA - the father has been real sick and we have not pushed that to happen. I will see xxxxxxx the sister in a few days and ask her about it.

> >
> > Can you refresh my memory (remember, I lost all of correspondence when my email went fritzy).... isn't there DNA already availalbe for Delores? If so, who has it?

The DNA was at Brunswick hospital and was sent to the Washington institute

> >
> > Can you give me a summary of what you have been through tyring to get this DNA done, I am getting ready to attack this one again...too much time has passed and nothing seems to be getting done.
> >

Sometime families go through personal issues of their own and therefore we do not push them to do anything...the coroner was handling the process of the whereabouts of the DNA and if the family needed to get it red one, if there was a problem the family would have contacted me saying so

> > I only remember bits of peices of the saga, something about letters between you and Smithsonian?

Yes and since the coroner was working on it then i have waited to re contact them on the matter

> >
> > SOrry to ask you to explain again, but I don't have the old emails from you :(

You might have lost the emails or what have you, I know you care about this case, I have been walking with the family for 10 years I to have given thousands of search hours as well as support; I do not appreciate getting emails demanding a response when first I did respond and second we are serving hundreds of cases just not a few. So our time is in what is taking place now that we can push along in cold cases and helping in the search effort...DNA takes time period. when it is a cold case then it will just take that much longer - they will not rush issues. I plan on touching base with the coroner after I spend time with xxxxxx to see on her end what is going on.

I hope this helps

> >
> > I look forward to hearing from you!
> > Christine
> >

[/font]

Well, ya'll see where that got me, NO WHERE!

I DID NOT ever get a response from that email, that is why I sent it 4 times! The family says NOONE including CUE has been intouch with her for sometime.

I understand that they have a TON of cases, that is what aggravates me, Shadow and I are willing to VOLUNTEER and help with the case load and we are doing so with this case, however, seems a lot of times, our help is not wanted. I get tired of people who say they care and have invested so much time, yet we have handed them #'s and contacts on how to get all of this done and we are just ignored. (sorry for the rant, I'm a little pissed right now)

But, I DON"T GIVE A FLYIN' FRITTER if they want my help or not. Shadow and I too have talked to the family of Delores and it seems that the communciation is NOT what is being perceived.

Ya know, this all started with the UID that is who we want to identify, I think we should attack it from that angle and cut out all of the middle men crap!

I thought it could help, having all of the past info, but, it hasn't helped...need to just come at this fresh.

From the way I understand it, the match was picked here about 11-2005, but according to an article they may have been working on this for up to a year before that. Am I correct?
If so, then yes- cut out the middlemen. Work with the family and take it to the legislators. In the family's letter- make sure they include when they found out about the possible match, and what a hardship this has been on them- knowing but not knowing. Unable to make arrangements to bring her home, etc.

I have been looking for some more info about the federal hearings, but haven't found anything yet. If we could find out who is in charge of the hearings, then it might be interesting to send them an info letter. The reason I remember the hearings is because Debbie Culberson testified there and I remember her daughter's case.

mysteriew said:
From the way I understand it, the match was picked here about 11-2005, but according to an article they may have been working on this for up to a year before that. Am I correct?
If so, then yes- cut out the middlemen. Work with the family and take it to the legislators. In the family's letter- make sure they include when they found out about the possible match, and what a hardship this has been on them- knowing but not knowing. Unable to make arrangements to bring her home, etc.

I have been looking for some more info about the federal hearings, but haven't found anything yet. If we could find out who is in charge of the hearings, then it might be interesting to send them an info letter. The reason I remember the hearings is because Debbie Culberson testified there and I remember her daughter's case.
thank you mysterview for your advice, I agree...just wanted some encouragment...I am not one for stepping on toes...but, ya know, this is really beginning to tick me off! has been for some time.

I feel like more can be done. I mean, just in a few phone calls shadow and I had WV ME ready to test and do anything, then I handed it back, thinking it the right thing to to do, ya know, jeesh.....but thanks, you made me feel better about my decision to just take control of this and stop depending on others!

If I was correct in the way I read this, they have had 3 years since the match was proposed to do it. Even mitrichondrial DNA matches don't take that long. And it will never get done if they don't start.
In the info you send to the legislator, I would mention that you might say you talked with Cue center- and that they said they had been working on it since ???- then I would drop it. Mainly stick to the LE and ME contacts and their reasons why or why not.
You know even if you get the ME to agree to do it, if we can find the info about the hearings on the UID's, this one might be helpful to send to someone on that committee. Mainly because it embodies the problems that face so many of the families of the missing have found.
In other words, even if you find another way to help this family you might use it to help other families also.

Shadow talked to family member today:

Christine,

I talked to XXXXX (sister of the missing Deloris) this morning. Here is our conversation:

Nancy XXXX: Good morning
Nancy XXXX: Have you got a minute?
XXXXXXX good morning. Yes a minute
Nancy XXXX: Christine has been trying to get some answers as to why the delay in getting the DNA test done. When was the last time that anyone from law enforcement contacted you or a family member? Have you ever spoken to Monica?
XXXXXXX: It has been years since any law enforcement talked to me. And I have not spoken to Monica in months
Nancy XXXX: OK, I guess that she has been telling Christine that she stays in close contact with either you or somone in your family. She made it sound like the reason for the delay is that your father is very sick.
XXXXXXX: Yes but what does my father have to do with this
Nancy XXXX: who did they take the other dna sample from ?
XXXXXXXX: My mother, my father, and me.
XXXXXXXX: by the FBI
Nancy XXXX: you don't by any chance remember the FBI agent's name do you?
XXXXXXXX: Yes It was Paul Cox in Wilington, NC and Janet Storms of SBI of NC
Nancy XXXX: how long has it been since you talked to either of them?
XXXXXXXXX: Janet Storms is not on the case anymore and I do not know anything about Paul Cox
Nancy XXXX: ok, Websleauth's is down right now and has been for several days. I hope it is a server problem and that they don't loose all of their information. We are going to make some phone calls this week. I talked to a WV State Trooper who was on the scene when they found the body in WV. He is interested in the information on Deloris. I hope to talk to him again very soon. I will keep you updated.
Nancy XXXX: can I have your phone number again? I seem to have misplaced it.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Nancy XXXX: ok, I will let you know as soon as I can talk to someone. Please don't think that we have forgotten about you
Nancy XXXX: It just seems that we are hitting the same brick wall that you have hit before. We will get over it though.
XXXXXX: ok
Nancy XXXX: have a good day
XXXXXX: you too
progress.gif

Spoke with WV ME today...someone has submitted another match, they say more likely than ours based on tests done to date (trying to get more info on this and will post when I can) and they will have results next week...this is why they haven't got back to me or pursued Doris' family for DNA.

I will call them Friday 4/20 if I haven't heard back. My contact gave me her email addy and says she will keep us informed from this point on.

Hi Shadow, Is there a thread about the 8 skeletons that were found recently in a grove of Maricopa trees?

Taks, Scandi

Hi Shadow, Is there a thread about the 8 skeletons that were found recently in a grove of Maricopa trees?

Taks, Scandi

This is the only one that I am aware of Scandi. Is this what you are looking for?:

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) -- Skeletal remains of eight people were found in a wooded area, where investigators believe they had been for several years, police said.

The remains, which had no skin or clothing, were found Friday in an unlit wooded area about 25 feet from an unpaved section of an east Fort Myers road, Fort Myers police Lt. Brian Phillips said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s0324,0,1029245.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Response .....maybe Monday now.

Date: Friday, April 20, 2007 9:36 AM
To: caseinvestigator@charter.net
Subject: Re: Unidentified Doe/Possible Match
Size: 2 KB

I may have an ID on Monday, 23 Apr. Waiting on the odontologist to look
at xrays/skull. Shouldn't be much longer.
I wil let you know when I have answer.
Things here are very busy.

Sincerely,

I think my email time settings are wrong, need to figure that out. (interesting though, how your clock can make your settings off, remember this when doing investigating!)

I am originally from Fayette County, WV - great job on this christine! Crossing my fingers that this ends with a positive match.

This thread cought my Eye because of my family connection to Greenbrier Co W.Va.
See my brother was murderd in Indiana in Franklin/Fayette County my Uncle and Cousin has live back and forth from Indiana to Greenbrier County as long as I can remember.
If feel that these to relatives have with held info into my brothers murder cover up, because of they they ran back to W.Va. after my brother was killed.
My uncle Bud King has brothers who walk the woods searching for ginsang and hitched hicked all around the country side.
and they are all pedifiles most have never been cought.
Please this might be worth checking out.
also please look over my brothers case. He was murdered in the most horriffic way at 16.
I know in my heart that my cousin Luther James King and Uncle Miner Lee King of greenbrier co. W.Va. know something neither one can look us in the eye or even talk to about my brother.
May God Bless
Tomijo Bolton Schmid
http://www.myspace.com/justiceforjason
http://www.xanga.com/jason_dale_bolton
http://justiceforjasondaleboltonfranklinfayettecoin.blog-city.com/
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/justice-for-jason-dale-bolton-fayette-franklin-co-indiana-cold-case-1991.html
http://groups.msn.com/TomisTrueStory/_whatsnew.msnw

GOD GRANT ME
THE POWER OF WATER TO EXCEPT WITH EASE AND GRACE WHAT I CAN NOT CHANGE
THE POWER OF FIRE THE ENERGY AND COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
THE POWER OF AIR FOR THE ABILITY TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE
THE POWER OF EARTH FOR THE STRENGTH TO CONTINUE MY PATH.

This thread cought my Eye because of my family connection to Greenbrier Co W.Va.
See my brother was murderd in Indiana in Franklin/Fayette County my Uncle and Cousin has live back and forth from Indiana to Greenbrier County as long as I can remember.
If feel that these to relatives have with held info into my brothers murder cover up, because of they they ran back to W.Va. after my brother was killed.
My uncle Bud King has brothers who walk the woods searching for ginsang and hitched hicked all around the country side.
and they are all pedifiles most have never been cought.
Please this might be worth checking out.
also please look over my brothers case. He was murdered in the most horriffic way at 16.
I know in my heart that my cousin Luther James King and Uncle Miner Lee King of greenbrier co. W.Va. know something neither one can look us in the eye or even talk to about my brother.
May God Bless
Tomijo Bolton Schmid
http://www.myspace.com/justiceforjason
http://www.xanga.com/jason_dale_bolton
http://justiceforjasondaleboltonfranklinfayettecoin.blog-city.com/
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/justice-for-jason-dale-bolton-fayette-franklin-co-indiana-cold-case-1991.html
http://groups.msn.com/TomisTrueStory/_whatsnew.msnw

GOD GRANT ME
THE POWER OF WATER TO EXCEPT WITH EASE AND GRACE WHAT I CAN NOT CHANGE
THE POWER OF FIRE THE ENERGY AND COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
THE POWER OF AIR FOR THE ABILITY TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE
THE POWER OF EARTH FOR THE STRENGTH TO CONTINUE MY PATH.

Hi Tom. I am very sorry about the loss of your brother. Welcome to WS, than you for sharing your story.

For those interested in following Tom's Brother's case you can find discussions on Websleuths Thread at link below.

Jason Bolton

Just got an email from WV ME, the doe they were testing is NOT a match....I asked her what steps we need to take, AGAIN, to have Deloris' DNA test....I will keep you all updated :D

Date: Friday, May 4, 2007 6:02 AM

To: caseinvestigator <caseinvestigator@charter.net>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Match

>>> "caseinvestigator" <caseinvestigator@charter.net> 05/03/07 11:04 PM
>>>
Regina.....anything?

Regards,
Christine

Just got an email from WV ME, the doe they were testing is NOT a match....I asked her what steps we need to take, AGAIN, to have Deloris' DNA test....I will keep you all updated :D

Date: Friday, May 4, 2007 6:02 AM

To: caseinvestigator <caseinvestigator@charter.net>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Match

>>> "caseinvestigator" <caseinvestigator@charter.net> 05/03/07 11:04 PM
>>>
Regina.....anything?

Regards,
Christine

Of course it was not a match! If they would ever do the test with Deloris Melton's DNA, then they would have their match.
Thanks for keeping us updated Christine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back