WV WV - Grace Smith 35, car found, keys on hood, belongings inside, Gallipolis Ferry, 23 Feb 2022 *Reward*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MISSING PERSON: Grace Allison Smith 35, of Gallipolis Ferry has been reported missing by family. She was last seen at her father’s home on February 23. If you have any information on her whereabouts please notify the Mason County Sheriff’s Office or call 911.

274930264_262469006070175_155212012573910376_n.jpg

According to the sheriff’s office and Smith’s relatives, her car was found Friday, Feb. 25 in the TNT area with her keys on the hood and belongings inside the vehicle. Her relatives also say her hair is currently dyed grey.

Sheriff's office searches for missing Mason Co. woman

If I'm understanding this correctly, Grace's vehicle was found abandoned in the "TNT area" of WV, which is just north of Point Pleasant, WV and near the McClintic Wildlife Management Area. Her belongings were found in her car. I'm assuming "belongings" in this case may include her purse/wallet, phone, etc? Were there any signs of a struggle or foul play where her car was found? I'm assuming LE did a forensics check of her car, but there's no information so far about that so far.

I'm not familiar with this area, but when looking at a map of this region I noticed it's relatively close to Chillicothe, OH., and several women have been reported missing in the general Chillicothe area recently. There's no indication that Grace's disappearance could be related to other cases in the area, but something to keep in mind.

There's a 2-day gap between Grace's last known sighting at her father's home and her car being found abandoned in this "TNT area". Her hometown, Gallipolis Ferry, is only a few miles south of where her car was found.

When her father saw her on 23 February, was Grace in good spirits, or was she depressed or anxious? We have no information if Grace has any known MH issues or if Grace has every gone missing before. We also don't know if she was in a relationship at this time so domestic violence cannot be ruled out without more information.

@YaYa_521 Thanks for the update. Based on that statement it appears Grace likely didn't disappear willingly, especially since her personal items were found in her car. If her purse, wallet, cash, and credit/debit cards were found in her car by LE then it likely wasn't a robbery. Until we get more details about her "belongings" we won't know for sure.

I'm still wondering about her car. What did LE find when they examined the car, and also why would it be parked in that area? I don't know anything about this "TNT area" but it has a bit of a strange reputation based on web searches. Why would Grace go there? Is that a place she is known to visit?

Reward offered in case of missing woman - Gallipolis Daily Tribune

March 2, 2022
Her family who is now offering a $5,000 reward for her location.

Smith’s car was found on Friday, parked near two ponds in the TNT McClintic Wildlife Management Area north of Point Pleasant, W.Va. Sheriff Miller said Smith’s car keys were found on the hood of the vehicle and her belongings were still inside. Sheriff Miller also said it’s believed the car was placed there between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., Friday.

….

A Facebook page has also been established to provide updates on this possible search party and any other information related to Smith’s case at “Please Help Find Grace Allison Smith”Please Help Find Grace Allison Smith.

Grace Allison Smith, 34, was reported missing last week by her family who is now offering a $5,000 reward for her location. She was reported as wearing a black coat and grey beanie when last seen on Three Mile Road. Her family also reports she currently has grey hair. She is approximately 5’4” in height and weighs 90 pounds.

The Mason County Sheriff’s Office is leading the investigation and Sheriff Corey Miller told Ohio Valley Publishing (OVP), Smith’s car was found on Friday, parked near two ponds in the TNT McClintic Wildlife Management Area north of Point Pleasant, W.Va.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 6.01.29 PM.png

Her family also reports she currently has grey hair. She is approximately 5’4” in height and weighs 90 pounds.

Her hair is red in the photos. She is just a wisp of a girl. I hope they find her safe.

Local town newspaper story

ETA: Sorry @DeDee I posted before I saw your post.

I noticed in a few of the articles it explained that her hair was dyed the gray color…

March 2, 2022
Her family who is now offering a $5,000 reward for her location.

Smith’s car was found on Friday, parked near two ponds in the TNT McClintic Wildlife Management Area north of Point Pleasant, W.Va. Sheriff Miller said Smith’s car keys were found on the hood of the vehicle and her belongings were still inside. Sheriff Miller also said it’s believed the car was placed there between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., Friday.

….

A Facebook page has also been established to provide updates on this possible search party and any other information related to Smith’s case at “Please Help Find Grace Allison Smith”Please Help Find Grace Allison Smith.

"It's believed the car was PLACED there between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., Friday."

That comment sure makes it sound like someone put the car there, rather than Grace driving it there. MOO

Do we know why she was in the area?

I do agree that this is odd wording. Especially since there is very scant information following the statement.

Why do they think the car was placed instead of her driving it there and meeting with someone? That very much seems that they have some more info.

How much traffic is there where the place where the car was found? Is it a road that is traveled? Or was she off "the beaten path"?

The keys being on the hood are like she was standing there and then what happened? OR Did she walk away or did she get out with the keys in her hand, talk with someone - putting down the keys on the hood, and then whatever happened. This doesn't seem like she was alone and left the car because why put the keys on the hood? Either leave them in the car or take them with you. At least those are things I would think. Not putting them on the hood.

Also - where is her phone? That is the big thing. I don't think LE is giving out enough info and if the family knows? Are they holding back or being told not to say certain things? Have they searched the 2 ponds?

That comment sure makes it sound like someone put the car there, rather than Grace driving it there. MOO

Do we know why she was in the area?

There is no information released regarding why she may be in the TNT area that I could find. I recall reading in one of the articles that LEO checked for cctv recordings. This may be how they were able to establish the timing as being between 11am to 3pm.

What is mentioned on her MP flyer is that ALL of her belongings were found inside of her car; except the keys were on the hood of her car.

Hence, the flyer implies her cell phone was inside her vehicle. I could be wrong but is it not likely that a killer, kidnapper or wrongdoer, would abandon her vehicle then take the time to remove the keys only to conveniently place them on the hood. Also, another vehicle would likely need to be involved for the wrongdoer, if there is one, to drive away. If a vehicle was trailing her car, then cctv would show this activity that occurred on Friday morning or 2 days after she was reported as a MP.

Mason County Sheriff Dept FB page says she left from her mother's home.

Sheriff Miller also said it’s believed the car was placed there between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., Friday.
Agreed, the wording of this statement is curious. LE agencies can be somewhat cryptic on statement wording at times. As mentioned in the earlier posts, is LE implying/suggesting someone other than Grace parked her car in this location?

I agree the nearby ponds should be checked carefully.

Are there any indications on SM that Grace was experiencing mental health or substance abuse issues before she disappeared? If so, the "self harm" scenario could apply here.

MISSING PERSON: Grace Allison Smith, 35, of Gallipolis Ferry | WV News | wvnews.com
According to this she was last seen at her father's home. Perhaps her parents are still together. It's strange that they wouldn't just say parents home.
Grace Allison Smith, 34, was reported missing last week by her family who is now offering a $5,000 reward for her location. She was reported as wearing a black coat and grey beanie when last seen on Three Mile Road. Her family also reports she currently has grey hair. She is approximately 5’4” in height and weighs 90 pounds.

The Mason County Sheriff’s Office is leading the investigation and Sheriff Corey Miller told Ohio Valley Publishing (OVP), Smith’s car was found on Friday, parked near two ponds in the TNT McClintic Wildlife Management Area north of Point Pleasant, W.Va.

View attachment 335385

BBM

On Wednesday, the West Virginia State Police assisted law enforcement personnel from the sheriff’s office with a helicopter search of the TNT area, as well as areas in southern Mason County, including Gallipolis Ferry, Apple Grove, Ashton and Glenwood, Sheriff Miller said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgreen63
Back