WV WV - Gretchen Fleming, 27, Vienna, Dec 2022 *POI in 2023*

According to this report, several items were found in the search and are being analyzed to see if there is any evidentiary value.

Also noting:

Zimmerman also says they can take Mountwood Park off the list of places of interest. There are no other volunteer searches being scheduled at this point.

Detective Zimmerman says law enforcement will continue to look into other areas of interest -- including some areas both outside of Parkersburg and Wood County -- as well as collect digital and forensic evidence. Those forms of evidence are being looked at by outside agencies.

FEB 10, 2023
Parkersburg Police Chief Matthew Board said Saturday afternoon that “nothing definitive was located” and the investigation remained ongoing. He thanked the community for supporting the department and its efforts since Fleming, 28, of Vienna, was reported missing on Dec. 12.

After the ground search conducted on February 4th, there’s still no word if any of the items found in Mountwood Park are of evidentiary value from Parkersburg police.

Detective James Zimmerman says that after the ground search and previous searches by parkersburg police in Mountwood Park, the area can be checked off as a place of interest.

FEB 17, 2023
There continues to be no new updates in the Gretchen Fleming investigation as the search continues.

Parkersburg police encourages people in the community to continue calling in new information or tips.

[...]

Like many grandmothers, it would be hard to convince Louise Fleming that her granddaughter isn’t the most beautiful in the world.

“She’s really a sweet lovely young lady and she’s so pretty,” Louise Fleming said. “I’ve often told her she reminds me of Audrey Hepburn with her high cheekbones.”

“I took her to the mall to drop her off for work on Saturday, December 3 at about 1:15 p.m.,” Louise Fleming said. “She never came home that night. But once in a while she’d go to a friend’s and stay for 2 or 3 days. I didn’t think anything of it because she was 27 years old. But then, she didn’t come home.”

“As a couple of days had went by, a week had went by they became concerned,” said Detective James Zimmerman, Parkersburg Police Department. “That is when they contacted us to do the investigation and obviously through that we did have a week behind. But we’ve made progress through the investigation.”

People saw Fleming out on the town the night of Dec. 3. She left behind her purse and everything in it.

“She just kind of vanished from a local bar hangout area,” said David Fleming, Gretchen’s father.

Like many grandmothers, it would be hard to convince Louise Fleming that her granddaughter isn’t the most beautiful in the world.

“She’s really a sweet lovely young lady and she’s so pretty,” Louise Fleming said. “I’ve often told her she reminds me of Audrey Hepburn with her high cheekbones.”

“I took her to the mall to drop her off for work on Saturday, December 3 at about 1:15 p.m.,” Louise Fleming said. “She never came home that night. But once in a while she’d go to a friend’s and stay for 2 or 3 days. I didn’t think anything of it because she was 27 years old. But then, she didn’t come home.”

“As a couple of days had went by, a week had went by they became concerned,” said Detective James Zimmerman, Parkersburg Police Department. “That is when they contacted us to do the investigation and obviously through that we did have a week behind. But we’ve made progress through the investigation.”

People saw Fleming out on the town the night of Dec. 3. She left behind her purse and everything in it.

“She just kind of vanished from a local bar hangout area,” said David Fleming, Gretchen’s father.
Noting:

“It is still in the investigation stage,” Board said. “I know that seems slow and taxing but quite honestly it is still a quite fluid investigation. We’ve executed 10 search warrants and are still waiting on evidence to come back from the state laboratory. So I know the community sometimes gets very concerned that you know that we’ve become idle or stagnate or we’ve redirected our focus to other investigations, but nothing could be further from the truth. Sometimes it is just a slow methodical process and that is where we are at.”

Noting:

“It is still in the investigation stage,” Board said. “I know that seems slow and taxing but quite honestly it is still a quite fluid investigation. We’ve executed 10 search warrants and are still waiting on evidence to come back from the state laboratory. So I know the community sometimes gets very concerned that you know that we’ve become idle or stagnate or we’ve redirected our focus to other investigations, but nothing could be further from the truth. Sometimes it is just a slow methodical process and that is where we are at.”
Reading this reassures me that the person we all know is responsible, will be arrested.

FEB 27, 2023
www.wtap.com

New billboard put up for Gretchen Fleming search

[...]

A billboard is up on Murdoch Avenue heading south with Gretchen’s reward attached to the billboard. The $65 thousand reward was made back in early January with the help of anonymous donations made by the community.

The billboard features not only pictures of Gretchen and description of her, but Parkersburg police detective Zimmerman’s number, 304-424-1072.

[...]

FEB 28, 2023
[...]

“It’s been overwhelming the support we’ve got from the community and the police department. And just everybody caring and donations and love that everybody’s sending that we’re in their thoughts and prayers. And that means a lot,” says DF. “It means a lot that people are out there, and they do care so much in this small community.”

[...]

The Flemings say to continue contacting the Parkersburg police with any new information that can help with this investigation.

We will have more on our Gretchen coverage Wednesday with Parkersburg police Lieutenant James Stalnaker.

MAR 1, 2023
[...]

Stalnaker says that this investigation is still active with the amount of information and digital evidence collected. And that there’s still forensic evidence at the W.Va. State police lab and other outside agencies that’s being analyzed at this time.

“We have a pretty substantial amount of data in those records that we’re getting back from search warrants,” says Lt. Stalnaker. “And not only those. We have a lot of other data. Not only from potential persons of interest, but also from Ms. Fleming’s. Her records, her social media, her Google, her banking records. And that kind of stuff.”

[...]

Stalnaker says that although pierce has not been co-operative during this investigation, he believes the investigation is moving along with the evidence and information collected.

“You know I think we’re at a point in this case that we’re gathering a lot of information whether people are talking to us or not. And I think we’re moving forward,” says Lt. Stalnaker.

Stalnaker says that as of now there is no need for another ground search like the one in Mountwood Park, because all of the remaining locations of interest are not as large of a scale. He states that there are currently no signs of this being a case of human trafficking.

[...]

MAR 3, 2023
Marking three months since her disappearance, Louise Fleming posted a heartbreaking update regarding her missing grandchild on Facebook.

"Not a second goes by that she is not in our thoughts," she wrote.

"I just cannot begin to understand how someone out there knows what happened and where she is and will not speak up."

MAR 20, 2023
[...]

The community ground search was held at Johnson T. Janes Park. It was initially planned for March 11th but was postponed to this past Saturday.

Search organizer, CL says that the search resulted in nothing being found. CL also says that from now on all community ground searches will be kept quiet for less potential knowledge to be given to the person of interest.

[...]

MAR 20, 2023
[...]

Family, friends and police have placed her pictures on billboards, banners and pictures throughout the area. Now the community is putting Gretchen’s picture on shirts to keep the search going.

[...]

Prior to a community ground search scheduled for March 18th, the organizer CL was looking for a local business to help make shirts for Gretchen.

WH reached out and promoted her sister BH’s business.

[...]

Since then, they have made dozens of shirts. Those shirts have more than Gretchen’s picture. They also including her features – such as her height, hair and eye color, and age – but also a number to call Parkersburg police detective Zimmerman’s number with any tips.

All the money from the shirt sales will go to the Fleming family.

[...]

Today marks four months since Gretchen Fleming went missing.

Gretchen was last seen on December 3rd, 2022, at the My Way Lounge with an official missing persons report filed on December 12th. Since the last update with Parkersburg police, law enforcement is still waiting on forensic and DNA evidence to return.

At this time, Parkersburg police requests anyone who may have any knowledge involving the Gretchen Fleming case to contact Detective Zimmerman by dialing 304-424-1072 or 304-424-8444 for after hours.

For more information on this case, you can click on the links below:
Parkersburg Police Dept. still active in Gretchen Fleming search, collecting evidence on case (wtap.com)

Community Ground Search held at Johnson T. Janes Park, nothing found (wtap.com)

Mid-Ohio Valley small business helps continue spreading awareness about Gretchen Fleming (wtap.com)

Smart, imo.

From the article:

“Yeah, we don’t want to tip anybody off on where we are. And also everybody that’s volunteering. I want to keep them and their families safe. You know, we don’t know at this point and what’s going on but just to keep everybody safe is the main goal at this point. Because we don’t want to be followed out on locations and people that’s outside of the search group. Because everything that we find, the only person we contact is Zimmerman,” says CL.

( CL is described as "a person spearheading these searches" )

APR 27, 2023
Gretchen’s father, David says that the family is keeping Gretchen’s name going with the use of signs and banners across the community.

[...]

David says that although this time has been difficult, he is thankful for the community’s continued support during this time.

“It’s just pins and needles. It’s just frustrating to have to wait. And the unknown,” says Fleming. “I thank the community for the support. It’s been really helpful with kind words people were saying. And just the support has been really nice. I don’t know if I could handle it without the support of the community.”

Fleming says the family is still in constant communication with law enforcement about this investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babken
Back