WV WV - Gretchen Fleming, 27, Vienna, Dec 2022 *POI in 2023*

@Knox, good question. The whole POI side of the investigation seems to have gone silent.

In the cases I follow here on WS, lab results seem to be taking a very long time to return data. I've seen several cases where its taken nearly a year to get DNA results.

OCT 4, 2023
Gretchen Fleming’s story will be featured on an episode of Disappeared on October 15th. It will be on Investigation Discovery.

[...]

David Fleming said it’s important to tell her story.

“I hope that this episode will really start to clear up some of the facts and start telling the, you know, the actual what happened that evening that she did disappear and not so many people speculating what they think happened,” he said.

[...]

“The Investigation Discovery channel will air “Gone With the Night” on Sunday, Oct. 15 at 10 p.m. The episode will examine the disappearance of 27-year-old Gretchen Fleming, who has been missing since Dec. 4, 2022.”

I’ve been out to late night bars where I’ve realized I’ve left my phone or wallet/debit/credit card in a cab or prior bar. You will usually announce this to the people you are with. Does anyone think the creepy POI used this as an excuse to get Gretchen in the car ? I’ll take you to get your things. Maybe Gretchen casually mentioned I don’t have money or my phone and this POI used this as a crime of opportunity? Hope the Disappeared episode will bring new witnesses or information to light.

I’ve been out to late night bars where I’ve realized I’ve left my phone or wallet/debit/credit card in a cab or prior bar. You will usually announce this to the people you are with. Does anyone think the creepy POI used this as an excuse to get Gretchen in the car ? I’ll take you to get your things. Maybe Gretchen casually mentioned I don’t have money or my phone and this POI used this as a crime of opportunity? Hope the Disappeared episode will bring new witnesses or information to light.

During the program they said she left her purse etc. with the bartender at the first bar, intentionally.

Pretty obvious who they're focused on. Hopefully he gets spooked, and tripped up. Hoping the pressure is on and the heat is rising.

During the program they said she left her purse etc. with the bartender at the first bar, intentionally.

Pretty obvious who they're focused on. Hopefully he gets spooked, and tripped up. Hoping the pressure is on and the heat is rising.
No she left it with the John guy in his car that drove her from the front row bar to the my way bar. He’s the guy that returned it to the front row bar the next day. What I’m saying is she probably mentioned this as her excuse. I have to get my purse etc and this POI used it as crime of opportunity.

1697544021588.jpeg
“They basically wanted to tell Gretchen’s story,” David Fleming, Gretchen’s father, said. “What happened leading up to the events where she went missing, and to let us tell our story about how the evening unfolded and what kind of happened leading up to her disappearance.”

Just watched the Disappeared episode. It seems like her family knows little about her actual emotional state or what choices she would make.
Throughout the episode her father and stepmom talked about a breakup Gretchen was struggling with and her Mom’s recent death that was the catalyst for her moving back home. Her father theorized that she had too much to drink and didn’t know what she was doing. They mentioned in video footage the POI hands Gretchen a drink. The stepmom said a friend of hers met the POI out one night and mysteriously woke up at his house with no memory of how she got there or of that night. It’s possible he could’ve drugged her.

Last edited:
No she left it with the John guy in his car that drove her from the front row bar to the my way bar. He’s the guy that returned it to the front row bar the next day. What I’m saying is she probably mentioned this as her excuse. I have to get my purse etc and this POI used it as crime of opportunity.

That's not what I saw, but I wouldn't swear to it without seeing it again..

What I got from the program ... Her family had retrieved the purse from the Front Row, then said they later took it back to the bar in case she came back to get it.

Apparently the POI hasn't left town, he was photographed eating at a local restaurant, and walking down the street after leaving. He looks a lot different than the previously published pictures. The people taking pictures seemed to have made it known why they were watching him.

That's not what I saw, but I wouldn't swear to it without seeing it again..

What I got from the program ... Her family had retrieved the purse from the Front Row, then said they later took it back to the bar in case she came back to get it.

Apparently the POI hasn't left town, he was photographed eating at a local restaurant, and walking down the street after leaving. He looks a lot different than the previously published pictures. The people taking pictures seemed to have made it known why they were watching him.
You definitely better watch it again. She left with John from front row and left her purse in his car at the my way lounge she came across POI. There’s video footage of that. She someone left before her friend John could give her a ride home with POI. He looked for her couldn’t find her and returned her purse to the front row the next day. A week later her father retrieved the purse from front row.

“Parkersburg police said in January that, early in the investigation, Pierce told them Fleming was in his car, but then declined to speak with them.”

FLEMING-Gretchen-2.jpg

“There’s not a day that goes by that she and her family are not on my mind and (the minds of) the men and women of the Parkersburg Police Department,” he said. “Detective (J.M.) Zimmerman comes in every day, and that’s still his priority.”

Gretchen Fleming says while she believes police are nearing a resolution in the case, it could be unlikely that her granddaughter is found alive.
gretchen-fleming-e1671557519840-239x300.jpg

“I’m hoping and praying for a miracle. ❤️ My heart wants that, but my head tells me she’s gone,” Louise Fleming said on Tuesday’s MetroNews “Talkline.”

It seems so obvious that Preston Pierce formerly known as Darrell Lott has murdered Gretchen IMO. The minute he admitted she was in his car then refused to say anything else is a massive red flag. 12 years in various law enforcement agencies have taught him to keep his mouth shut. IMO the only reason he admitted she was in his car is because DNA evidence would have proved it anyway.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgreen63
Back