GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, found deceased, Star City, 6 July 2012 * Shoaf denied parole 2023* #2

kmartin96

Reaction score
Never started a thread before.....
Asked to share by a friend.....

Missing Poster:

Police in Star City are looking for a 16 year old girl who has not been seen since last week.

Police told 5 News that 16 year old Skylar Neese was last seen Friday. Family members describe her as being about 5'4" or 5'5" and around 130 to 140 pounds.

She has brown hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing yellow shorts and a multicolored shirt. If you have any information call the star city police at (304) 599-3550.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...WS-UPDATE-Search-for-Missing-Teen-Expands3999

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed this case a few years ago and I was shocked about the brutality, the circumstances and - last but not least - the outcome. The murder seems so... pointless, first I believed there must have been some hidden motive, but as the case precedes, nothing was found. I think for such a crime a massive amount of hate is needed, but I can`t see how Skylar should have generated that. No, they decided to kill her bc they didn`t want to be friends with her anymore... ummm... just ending the friendship, blocking her on social media and telling her to piss off was not an option... ? This girls are really sick. The thought of them, especially Shelia, getting out of jail in a couple auf years leaves me with a sick feeling in my stomach. Not sure about Rachel, but I think Shelia is sociopathic. On her photo taken in jail she poses and shows off like it`s a beauty contest. A teenage killer’s eerie tweets she sent after stabbing friend to death: 'We really did go on three'

They should never ever get out again. I consider them dangerous.

Poor Skylar, she had zero chances, being attacked out of the blue by her so-called "friends". I feel so sad and sorry, when I think about it; she must have felt so much fear and pain before dying, and I can`t even imagine how it is for her family. This is something you never get over.

I remember this case. I followed it when it was on Topix and all the rumours were going around before RS and SE were actually arrested. It seems to have gone now though. I looked through this thread and there was mentions about robberies in Morgantown back in 2012/2013 ... well, remember SA who was friends with the girls, especially SE? There was a facebook post of her and her partner arrested in 2015 for an armed robbery..

I remember this case. I followed it when it was on Topix and all the rumours were going around before RS and SE were actually arrested. It seems to have gone now though. I looked through this thread and there was mentions about robberies in Morgantown back in 2012/2013 ... well, remember SA who was friends with the girls, especially SE? There was a facebook post of her and her partner arrested in 2015 for an armed robbery..

Yes... And the DC brothers were both arrested different times (or are currently arrested)? And SE`s Cousin AE died of drug abuse. One of her last posts was, that she`s glad she and her dad are "clean" now... I wonder. I just wonder if those people are what is called "white trash"... Skylar didn`t fit in at all.

Yes... And the DC brothers were both arrested different times (or are currently arrested)? And SE`s Cousin AE died of drug abuse. One of her last posts was, that she`s glad she and her dad are "clean" now... I wonder. I just wonder if those people are what is called "white trash"... Skylar didn`t fit in at all.
yes and I think Rachel was from a religious family. I think Rachel had a crush on Sheila, so she did everything Sheila asked. Rachel is now married to a woman she met in prison. I think she's still in the same prison as Sheila. Sheila's not gay but likes the attention, self-absorbed and narcisstic.For whatever reason (probably because she's kinda crazy) Sheila took a dislike to Skylar and then so did Rachel just to please Sheila. Just an unfortunate, toxic recipe for disaster.
That's my opinion on what happened anyway.

I did a search for the brothers recently and believe one of them was arrested for sex with a minor or sexual assault? Can't find it now.

yes and I think Rachel was from a religious family. I think Rachel had a crush on Sheila, so she did everything Sheila asked. Rachel is now married to a woman she met in prison. I think she's still in the same prison as Sheila. Sheila's not gay but likes the attention, self-absorbed and narcisstic.For whatever reason (probably because she's kinda crazy) Sheila took a dislike to Skylar and then so did Rachel just to please Sheila. Just an unfortunate, toxic recipe for disaster.
That's my opinion on what happened anyway.

When I first heard of this case, Skylar was just missing and treated as a runaway so far. Then evidence slowly started to point at her friends. At this point of the story, I assumed there may have been an accidental killing - maybe a quarreling, someone, full of anger and alcohol or weed, pushed her or slapped her, she slipped and broke her neck and they tried to cover it up. The true story behind that all was so shocking for me I barely couldn`t believe it.

I agree with you bc of the motive, Rachel is gay (or at least bisexual, didn`t she have a boyfriend back then, M.?) so she an Shelia were a secret couple. But what I don`t understand is that this is enough to drive two girls to kill a former friend. Shelia was known promiscuitive, why shoud she hide her sexual relationship with Rachel... ? Shelia even promoted the image of herself as a sexually open-minded person (some years ago, there were pictures of Shelia making out with a girl, photographed by Skylar, can`t find them anymore).

There also were descriptions of Shelia`s behaviour prior to the murder to find; she was descripted as someone who voluntarily ran over animals with her car just for fun. According to this, I suspect she is a psychopath and Rachel just did everything Shelia asked for, so Shelia had a compliant minion at her side for implementing her sick fantasies.

Online is to see, Rachel is ready for parole in 2023 and Shelia is in 2028... :( it makes me sick that these two demons will roam around free again. Rachel will be in her twenties, Shelia in her early thirtys. There will be a whole life ahead of them, but Skylar`s life was taken so brutally and senseless. It`s a pity that they did not receive death penalty. Just my opinion.

I did a search for the brothers recently and believe one of them was arrested for sex with a minor or sexual assault? Can't find it now.

I found a newspaper article about DC the younger from 2020... he pled guilty to one count of “Conspiracy to Violate Federal Firearms Laws.” DC admitted to working with others to illegally purchase firearms in May 2018 in Monongalia County. DC faces up to five years of incarceration and a fine of up to $250,000. Under the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, the actual sentence imposed will be based upon the seriousness of the offenses and the prior criminal history. You get it googling "[complete name]" west virginia".

The older brother was arrested for sexual Assault in the third degree (whatever that means).

Seems to be a nice familiy. Ugh.

I just read through the whole thread and just wanted to share some thoughts. I was aware of this case after it happened, after the girls were sentenced and I think I followed it on Topix for some time so I was aware of most of the details. But it is interesting to read from the beginning in that LE were so slow to react because they thought she was a runaway! And rumours are they thought two local boys did the crime so they pretty much sat on their hands! To think these monsters VERY NEARLY got away with murder, like so close if Shoaf didn't confess.
It was also quite heartbreaking to read how SE's trial was coming up and everybody was expecting an explanation and a lengthy sentence, then the day of the trial comes, she pleads guilty and we get no explanation and a relatively short setence! I was unware that the two girls struck a deal and therefore got so much shorter time than they should have gotten. I really wish those henious tweets were read back to SE in court and she was MADE to explain them. The prosecuters would have wiped the floor with her. These two got off so lightly for the pain and anguish they caused and in such a calculated and brutal manner. It really is scary that will be living freely in their twenties and thirties. I'm glad I read through the thread and all of your thoughts. This case has clearly stuck with me throughout the years. I'm interested in reading the books written so maybe I'll share my thoughts again once I've done that.

Does anyone have any details on why the location for the murder was chosen? Had they previously been there? Just curious on why they felt it was the right spot.

The land once belonged to SE`s family, and it was murmured SE`s dad was still there living in a camper. Also the girls have been out there earlier to smoke weed. That is what I read somewhere, but don`t know if it is true...

The land once belonged to SE`s family, and it was murmured SE`s dad was still there living in a camper. Also the girls have been out there earlier to smoke weed. That is what I read somewhere, but don`t know if it is true...
I also recall SE was familiar with the area and seemed to know an older crowd that lived there. I recall investigators checking out rumors that the girls had attended a party at a house where Skylar allegedly OD and others panicked...

9 years now and Skylar has not been forgotten. I was so invested in this case. I hope, even almost a decade later, that one day we get a real answer from one of these monsters. SE IMO is the worst of the two; she and Skylar had been friends for more than half their lives. She showed zero remorse and taunted the family via Twitter. Pure evil. I am curious as to what type of interaction RS and SE have in prison, if any.

Skylar **** “Stabbable” ***** Neese (1996-2012) -...

What on earth is going on with her Find a Grave memorial?

I wonder if there’s anyway to report it?

From the website:

Each memorial on Find a Grave has a manager who is responsible to update or correct the memorial. You can suggest additions or corrections and the manager can choose to use those to improve the memorial.

To suggest an update, go to the memorial and click the Suggest Edits button below the birth and death information.

If you find a memorial for someone you are related to within four generations and would like to manage that memorial, you can request to have that memorial transferred to you. Learn more about requesting management here.

What is Find a Grave?

From the website:

Each memorial on Find a Grave has a manager who is responsible to update or correct the memorial. You can suggest additions or corrections and the manager can choose to use those to improve the memorial.

To suggest an update, go to the memorial and click the Suggest Edits button below the birth and death information.

If you find a memorial for someone you are related to within four generations and would like to manage that memorial, you can request to have that memorial transferred to you. Learn more about requesting management here.

What is Find a Grave?

Thank you for this! I’ve just suggested an edit, so hopefully those horrible names will get removed. That is, if they even care enough to change it! I can’t even imagine how her family would feel if they saw it.

Thank you for this! I’ve just suggested an edit, so hopefully those horrible names will get removed. That is, if they even care enough to change it! I can’t even imagine how her family would feel if they saw it.
It does seem SN's wall was hacked but hopefully the site admin can block her page and place higher credentials for those authorized to edit SN's page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back