GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, found deceased, Star City, 6 July 2012 * Shoaf denied parole 2023* #2

This is one of those cases that remind you that predators will always be among us and in forms we don't expect.
Indeed. Also a reminder of how teen school years can be so difficult for girls especially. It's such a vulnerable time. I can remember my great-gran forever warning us about "false friends." :(

Rachel Shoaf, who is serving 30 years in prison for the second-degree murder of 16-year-old Star City resident Skylar Neese, will have her first parole hearing Tuesday.

Rachel Shoaf, who is serving 30 years in prison for the second-degree murder of 16-year-old Star City resident Skylar Neese, will have her first parole hearing Tuesday.

I think she will get it too as they have been white gloving these young ladies since this happened. I understand and have empathy for a misspent youth as I almost went that way myself (not murder, just careless living) but I think these kids deserve more.

I think she will get it too as they have been white gloving these young ladies since this happened. I understand and have empathy for a misspent youth as I almost went that way myself (not murder, just careless living) but I think these kids deserve more.
I'm not opposed to RS being paroled given she cooperated but not after serving only 10 years. Now Eddy, that's a different story! JMO

Rachel Shoaf, one of the women convicted of killing Skylar Neese as a teenager, was denied parole on Tuesday.

Shoaf remains in the Lakin Correctional Center where her projected release date is April 2028.

Eddy is also serving her sentence in the same facility. Her first parole hearing is currently scheduled for May 2028.

It was just after midnight when 16-year-old Skylar Neese sneaked out of her Morgantown, W.V., ground-floor bedroom and jumped into the waiting car of friends Shelia Eddy and Rachel Shoaf.

The three high school best friends drove to a remote wooded area in Wayne County, Pa., where Eddy and Shoaf, armed with kitchen knives, stabbed their friend to death.

February 25, 2024

1708955049475.png

I’m watching this now on 20/20. It’s good.

Do you believe the recent excuse for Skylars murder? I do not. I think it is something made up to invoke sympathy and gay rights are a big topic currently. Although that could be the case now that they both are in an all female prison for a long time, hopefully.

Edit - This info was given at the end of the 20/20 episode tonight.

Do you believe the recent excuse for Skylars murder? I do not. I think it is something made up to invoke sympathy and gay rights are a big topic currently.

Edit - This info was given at the end of the 20/20 episode tonight.
I think they may have been in a teen gay or bi phase at the time, but I agree using potential exposure as motive for murder and reason for parole seems weak and a ploy. It was 2012, not 1975.

In the recent mugshots of the women here (see the link), they are indeed women today, and not the teens they were 12 years ago. Sadly, Skylar never had an opportunity to live a life beyond age 16.

Shoaf, Rachel
Offender Picture

Offender ID (OID) Number: 3573506
Name: Shoaf, Rachel
Sex: Female
Birth Date: 6/10/1996
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Race: White
Intake Date: 7/25/2014 11:47:00 AM
Next Parole Hearing: 5/1/2024
Maximum Parole Discharge Date: Not Available
Projected Release Date: 4/30/2028

Eddy, Shelia
Offender Picture

Offender ID (OID) Number: 3573487
Name: Eddy, Shelia
Birth Date: 9/28/1995
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 107 lbs.
Intake Date: 2/7/2014 12:39:00 PM
Next Parole Hearing: 5/1/2028
Projected Release Date: 1/1/3000

Last edited:
Shoaf, Rachel
Offender Picture

Offender ID (OID) Number: 3573506
Name: Shoaf, Rachel
Birth Date: 6/10/1996
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Intake Date: 7/25/2014 11:47:00 AM
Next Parole Hearing: 5/1/2024
Projected Release Date: 4/30/2028

Eddy, Shelia
Offender Picture

Offender ID (OID) Number: 3573487
Name: Eddy, Shelia
Birth Date: 9/28/1995
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 107 lbs.
Intake Date: 2/7/2014 12:39:00 PM
Next Parole Hearing: 5/1/2028
Projected Release Date: 1/1/3000

They look primped and pampered.
At the end of the 20/20 episode they mentioned the WV female prison as camp cupcake. The inmates get their hair and nails done.

In the recent mugshots of the women here (see the link), they are indeed women today, and not the teens they were 12 years ago. Sadly, Skylar never had an opportunity to live a life beyond age 16.

I thought this sex related motive was investigated already? I do feel for all of the parents involved but ABC could be reminded that the Neese family has been beaten to a pulp over this and they don’t have a parole date to look for either.

“I will never have the opportunity to walk her down the aisle, as the wedding march plays, and lift her veil to kiss her…” said Neese, reading a poem written by a friend.

He vows to continue to do good by her, finding ladybugs and light in the darkest of times.

“I was sitting there eating my lunch. I’m talking to Skylar, which I do every day. I said, ‘Skylar, am I doing what you want me to do? Am I doing right?’ it wasn’t 10 seconds later, the wind was blowing so hard, there was no way a butterfly could have flown up and landed right on the edge of my lunchbox. I’m like, ‘Okay I got it.’”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish
Back