Your Pick for Red Herring

I always thought the choice of the tree frog as a project was one of a list of suggestions by the teacher, because other kids did theirs on the tree frog too. Or that perhaps they'd been studying the tree frog around the time the kids chose their projects.

Another thing I think it a "red herring" is the fact that Terri's older son had moved out. In fact, a 16-year old boy, product of a disrupted home, not moving out a some point when there is yet another stepfather in the picture would be more unusual to me.

I'm beginning to think the entire case is one really big, giant, stinky, bright red, herring.

Best-
Herding Cats

Another thing I think it a "red herring" is the fact that Terri's older son had moved out. In fact, a 16-year old boy, product of a disrupted home, not moving out a some point when there is yet another stepfather in the picture would be more unusual to me.

BBM, respectfully.

Oh yes! How could I have forgotten that? A 16 yo changing schools, mid-year? Been there; it's awful, peer-wise I mean, and I didn't have this media monkey on my back. Hmmm ....... Poor thing.

So, is Terri's older son at her parents or with his bio-dad? I've never been really clear on that -- was he with his bio-dad for a vaca and/or camp and then going back to LIVE with TH's parents?

He's 16 yo. I wonder who makes a decision like this. JMHO.
So confused. :banghead:

I keep hearing DY's words--about TH's story not making sense b/c she is well aware of the school layout--like, no matter how many feet they were from his class--there are other classrooms on the same floor, with doors--either opened or closed--but from which an abduction by a stranger would be more than a bold move, imo, more of a ludicrous one.

And, so an abduction would have to have taken place within seconds of her turning around--yet she heard/saw no one--nor did anyone else??

Was the corridor totally empty--without another kid or teacher?? Without any other activity? (another factor that makes the story implausible)

And, those who say well, she couldn't have left with him without being seen? YET some unknown perp could pull off this feat........And not be seen ANYWHERE--including the parking lot???

TMH's entire story is the 'red herring'.

And imo, that tee-shirt was HER idea--sort of like a 'signature'. Makes me think of Casey A's heart on the duct tape on her daughter's face. Something they think will be an 'inside' thing, their little secret yet an 'in your face' to the LE.

I keep hearing DY's words--about TH's story not making sense b/c she is well aware of the school layout--like, no matter how many feet they were from his class--there are other classrooms on the same floor, with doors--either opened or closed--but from which an abduction by a stranger would be more than a bold move, imo, more of a ludicrous one.

And, so an abduction would have to have taken place within seconds of her turning around--yet she heard/saw no one--nor did anyone else??

Was the corridor totally empty--without another kid or teacher?? Without any other activity? (another factor that makes the story implausible)

And, those who say well, she couldn't have left with him without being seen? YET some unknown perp could pull off this feat........And not be seen ANYWHERE--including the parking lot???

TMH's entire story is the 'red herring'.

And imo, that tee-shirt was HER idea--sort of like a 'signature'. Makes me think of Casey A's heart on the duct tape on her daughter's face. Something they think will be an 'inside' thing, their little secret yet an 'in your face' to the LE.

This is also my thought of a red herring and this was also one, I think, to back it up. "He told her, I'm going back to the classroom, Mom, and she waves to him and left." Carol Moulton said. " She thought he was safely at school just like he is everyday."

Here's something about that:

Stepmom moves into parents house but first son already moved out

Reached by phone today, Tarver tells WW (Kyron's step brother) moved out of Terri Horman’s parents’ house and into the Tarver house sometime in the past month. Tarver declined to elaborate on when the move happened or why, but he said it was before Terri Horman moved to Roseburg over the weekend.
http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/...ady-moved-out/

Oh, another red herring.

Kyron waiting in bed until someone came to get him up.

a 7 year old? Are you kidding me?

By 7 my son was up, dressed, pouring his own cereal, and brushing his teeth. All whilst watching cartoons of course. He knew more about a remote control at that age than I did.

Something very controlling seems amiss here.

MOO

Mel

Wait, I am perhaps confused, a "red herring" means the thing that will end up having no meaning whatsoever in the case, right?

This is also my thought of a red herring and this was also one, I think, to back it up. "He told her, I'm going back to the classroom, Mom, and she waves to him and left." Carol Moulton said. " She thought he was safely at school just like he is everyday."

Not sure this is the right place for this, but maybe this "red herring" is partially true.

How about the following:
Terri tells Kyron it's time to leave for his Dr.'s appointment. She'll take baby K to the truck and get her in her car seat. He's using the opposite staircase, per her instructions, to "use the restroom" and get his stuff.

Someone is waiting in the restroom either to lure him outside or to take him outside in something. I don't know the arrangement of the stalls in the elementary school, but someone could hide in almost any stall OR a stall could have an out-of-order sign on it.

Just thinking...MOO

Oh, another red herring.

Kyron waiting in bed until someone came to get him up.

a 7 year old? Are you kidding me?

By 7 my son was up, dressed, pouring his own cereal, and brushing his teeth. All whilst watching cartoons of course. He knew more about a remote control at that age than I did.

Something very controlling seems amiss here.

MOO

Mel

Absolutely! Both my sons did the same thing as your son. And why wouldn't she want him up to do things for himself----afterall he was feeding the cat by himself. Besides, she had Baby K to take care of in the morning and maybe make some breakfast or atleast coffee for Kaine?

Not sure this is the right place for this, but maybe this "red herring" is partially true.

How about the following:
Terri tells Kyron it's time to leave for his Dr.'s appointment. She'll take baby K to the truck and get her in her car seat. He's using the opposite staircase, per her instructions, to "use the restroom" and get his stuff.

Someone is waiting in the restroom either to lure him outside or to take him outside in something. I don't know the arrangement of the stalls in the elementary school, but someone could hide in almost any stall OR a stall could have an out-of-order sign on it.

Just thinking...MOO

Maybe. Just maybe one of her 'frends'???

So, this is why DY & Kaine believe she had help AND that Kyron is still alive!!!

This is the first and ONLY time I've had any sense of hope for this child since day one:

Letter to Dede Spicher from Kaine, Desiree, and Tony:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ne...MqRkGHc_w.cspx

AND:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...essure_on.html

AND JUST WOW:

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman...ltonHorman.com

But, this news tonight..........well, I now totally get DY's appeal directly to the media imploring TMH to talk AND telling us to KEEP LOOKING out for Kyron because he's out there and he's ALIVE!!

I came back to this thread because that dr appt was bothering me. On one hand, it would give her the time she needed if the teacher was not to become alarmed with Kyron having been there earlier, then gone when regular class began. (and, she has an excuse if she thought she'd been seen by someone who might recognize her leaving with him-even one of the teacher's-and would've simply dropped the plan for another day/time) No one would probably be the wiser as to his day out of school, never having to explain it as the plan wouldn't have gone through so no need!

Apparently, she thought she was not seen leaving with him OR she had help getting him out of there for this 'appointment'.

However, since Kyron went missing, of course the teacher must have totally misunderstood her--it wasn't until NEXT week, that is, when she might be able to get around to making the call to set it up, being the busy mom that she was. (unless she already had, idk?)
No need to though, once Kyron was 'gone'.

A good liar could pull this off easily enough- explain it away to family and LE. The teacher simply misunderstood her.

IMO, this doctor appt is just as phantom as a stranger abduction. Just another 'red herring' to cover her butt if things went awry.

found more info on this appointment:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/

then I saw this in yesterday's news thread. (but no link?)

Sources: Terri Horman vague on Kyron’s doctor appointment date

By Anna Song KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Story Published: Jul 21, 2010 at 7:11 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM PD
Quote:
Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”

Kim Holm’s son, *****, who Terri Horman photographed with his science project around the time she took a picture of Kyron that morning, said her son knew about the appointment too.

I believe DY, this was well PLANNED and TMH has been/is lying about her own missing stepson
http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman...ltonHorman.com

Wait, I am perhaps confused, a "red herring" means the thing that will end up having no meaning whatsoever in the case, right?

You got it :) Like someone bringing up (forgot which parent) that Kyron waited in bed until someone got him. I'm like...huh? What does that have to do with him going missing. Just odd stuff I guess to throw us off track.

MOO

Mel

Wow -- now why wouldn't this gal be cooperating?

DeDe Spicher, identified as a close friend of Terri Horman, was doing gardening work not far from the family's family home in Northwest Portland on the day Kyron Horman disappeared. Kyron's parents say Spicher is "not cooperating" with police.

Video included at linky:

http://www.kgw.com/

Thank goodness LE obtained a search warrant on her home. Like the source said in the video -- judges don't pass out search warrants like candy...so there has to be a reason for LE to search.

Praying for Kyron.

Mel

You got it :) Like someone bringing up (forgot which parent) that Kyron waited in bed until someone got him. I'm like...huh? What does that have to do with him going missing. Just odd stuff I guess to throw us off track.

MOO

Mel

Kaine said that is a story he tells people when they ask if Kyron is adventurous.

I just deleted my post. What was I thinking... not enough coffee, I guess.
My head isn't on straight this morning.
So sorry!

My pick for red herring is this whole murder for hire plot. I think it is going to prove to be groundless. Maybe the landscaper was looking for his 15 minutes of fame or perhaps was 'dialing for dollars' but I am hoping that LE clears that whole issue up one way or the other.

I think that the statement from LE that says that Terri is "cooperating" with the investigation is a total red herring. Lying to police and walking out on lie detector tests is not cooperating. ( I guess the lawyer has to do something...pretty sad if whining about the definition of "cooperating" is the best he can come up with!)

Lawyer-speak definition if cooperating -
"showing up to take a lie detector test 10 days late and leaving when the questions get too close for comfort"..."moving out two weeks after court order says it's time to go"..."planning to kidnap second child, but failing to actually exectue said plan successfully"..." unsuccessfully trying to hire a hit on husband"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back