Zodiac Killer

How long does it normally take to test DNA and do the FBI release results to the public? This case has interested me since the 70's when I used to follow it in the newspapers... and that is in Australia so it is and has always been a world wide mystery I hope it is solved too... Must admit after listening to the audio tapes of Tarrance I thought it was him... Cud the delay be because they are building a case?

Would we though? If I'm mistaken, please forgive me but has it been the assumption it's been male this whole time? Has it ever been said that it was male DNA on the envelopes?

That's correct about the male DNA profile on the stamps. The Cold Case Files episode on the ZK case specifically says that an unidentified partial profile, of a male, was extracted from the stamps of authenticated Z correspondence. Not enough of a DNA profile to include people, but enough DNA evidence to exclude. Which they did immediately with ALA.

As has been said by myself and others...it is hard fact and science that will solve this thing, eventually.

it would make sense that some things regarding this case were kept from the public. perhaps there was male DNA on envelope or stamp, but also female DNA. I have heard for years that they suspected Zodiac had someone else lick his stamps, what led them to that assumption? Perhaps this has been known due to 2 distinct DNA profiles lifted from the same letters. Just a guess.

Weird. I wonder if this is another case of shoddy reporting, since the link from Mr. E states that "No DNA or fingerprints were presented by Perez, but she plans to get forensic tests to prove her claim that she has the glasses of the Zodiac's last official victim, cab driver Paul Stine."
Ok, so there is no proof, as of yet, according to this.

Yet on Monday, SewingDeb provided a link, and from there: "San Francisco police Lt. Michael Staskos has reportedly received information from forensic experts who say handwriting, psychological and DNA evidence link Perez to her involvement in the Zodiac case and will question her Wednesday." Supposedly she was present at one murder and mailed a few of the letters, which meant she licked them and mailed them. That would link her, and hence her father, to this. So which is it??

Unfortunately the claims by those who have mental or emotional troubles are many times dismissed without much investigation (aka The Boy in the Box case, where I truely feel the woman who came forward with information was telling the truth). Of course, they are often dismissed for very good reasons--sadly there are attention-seekers or ones whose illness is causing people to have bizarre delusions. So I will be very interested to see where this goes. If there is forensic evidence and IF she can produce other things, such as the glasses, then they can work backwards to make everything fit. I too admit it sounds like someone who is ill is making outrageous claims but....who knows? RIght now I'd like to know which report is right, if there truely is DNA linking her or not.

Speaking of SHOTTY reporting,there is an internet report that 2 different news agencies are reporting that evidence provided by Perez,matches evidence in the Zodiac case,and that SFPD is about to annouce it.

These internet reports are not always accurate,and I for one,dont believe it

This morning, KRON7 and ABC7 both announced that her claims had been confirmed. But both stories were quickly removed from the website, leaving no trace that they had been there.

Wonder why? Sounds like the BS meter is ringing

Whaaat? Darn, I wish you could have gotten a picture capture before it was pulled. Did someone jump the gun....or is there another reason? I'm really really curious now. Ugh.

That's correct about the male DNA profile on the stamps. The Cold Case Files episode on the ZK case specifically says that an unidentified partial profile, of a male, was extracted from the stamps of authenticated Z correspondence. Not enough of a DNA profile to include people, but enough DNA evidence to exclude. Which they did immediately with ALA.

As has been said by myself and others...it is hard fact and science that will solve this thing, eventually.
Thank you for that....obviously I missed that. I do wonder if he is the one that did all the licking. At that time the technology didn't exist for DNA, so one would think there wouldn't be a reason to be so cautious. BUT....on the other hand, if he had a military background, he would know that the govt. was capable of coming up with pretty sophisticated stuff, and maybe he was overly paranoid and had someone else do the licking. Or maybe I'm really over-thinking this...I hate it when that happens.

SO what is known about this guy? Has he ever been heard of before this time? Even if some of her claims are off (did she only lick some, not all, envelopes maybe? I know, probably a stretch but I guess I'm over-thinking) are there circumstances to merit that this guy could be the real deal? The DNA claims may be off, but the police seem to give the appearance of taking her seriously, at least to a point...so my wondering is that maybe there are other things that, like the rest of the suspects, a lot of good circumstancial evidence but they are wanting fingerprints or DNA to really and definitively say "yes, this is the guy." Was he cremated? Can he be exhumed for DNA if not?

Have the police confirmed the claims that Perez's publicist is making?

I mean - this is the woman who claimed she was JFK's daughter.

ZodiacKiller.com's operator weighs in (as of a few weeks ago) here:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/zodiac-voigt-perez-2432402-gaikowski-claim

Perez contacted him more than a year ago, Voigt says. Perhaps her strongest claim was that her cousin is Jim Crabtree, the ex-husband of one of the known Zodiac victims. Were that true, and she could tie her father to that family, her story would become more plausible. Voigt, however, knows Crabtree. He called him. He'd never heard of Perez.
"I think she assumed Crabtree was dead and couldn't be checked out."
Another reason he believes she's lying is because details of her story conform with those in one of the best-selling books on Zodiac – a lot of which have been disproven since the book was published in 1986. Voigt thinks she was simply repeating the "myths" in the book, not realizing later sleuthing had debunked them.

Having a whole PR campaign lined up before making the claim sounds more like she wants some fame to me...

Tom Voight is just as crazy as some of the people who come forward with info. This was the same guy offering BTK some crime scene pictures when he was trying to catch him a few years back.

Tom Voight is just as crazy as some of the people who come forward with info. This was the same guy offering BTK some crime scene pictures when he was trying to catch him a few years back.

HAHA,Tom crazy?....haha:crazy:

SO,

Has anyone heard or read anything on how the meeting with SFPD and Perez went on Wednesday? Really curious what is going on .

Thank you for that....obviously I missed that. I do wonder if he is the one that did all the licking. At that time the technology didn't exist for DNA, so one would think there wouldn't be a reason to be so cautious. BUT....on the other hand, if he had a military background, he would know that the govt. was capable of coming up with pretty sophisticated stuff, and maybe he was overly paranoid and had someone else do the licking. Or maybe I'm really over-thinking this...I hate it when that happens.

I do that all the time. I know next to nothing about Guy Hendrickson. Here's my thing...Z more than likely lived in Vallejo. Based on recent geographic profiling done by the likes of Kim Rossomo. I believe Hendrickson lived some 4 hours away from the area. Not likely that Zodiac would be driving that far to commit these crimes. These crimes were done for attention, period. Hence, the reason Z "graduated" to San Francisco, the big city.

SO what is known about this guy? Has he ever been heard of before this time? Even if some of her claims are off (did she only lick some, not all, envelopes maybe? I know, probably a stretch but I guess I'm over-thinking) are there circumstances to merit that this guy could be the real deal? The DNA claims may be off, but the police seem to give the appearance of taking her seriously, at least to a point...so my wondering is that maybe there are other things that, like the rest of the suspects, a lot of good circumstancial evidence but they are wanting fingerprints or DNA to really and definitively say "yes, this is the guy." Was he cremated? Can he be exhumed for DNA if not?

Hopefully the police will be able to get something out of this lady, but, it sounds as though, perhaps, they are just investigating her claims like they would any other. A lot of the 'hype' about these interviews is originating from blogs and press releases, not conventional media.

SO,

Has anyone heard or read anything on how the meeting with SFPD and Perez went on Wednesday? Really curious what is going on .

I've been checking Google News and searching "Zodiac" a couple of times a day. No real updates in the last day or so. I think I read somewhere that the SFPD are going to do a follow up interview with her. But that's it. No hard details.

Anything else your likely to read is just conjecture.

Myself I can't understand how he got so many people fooled... He sure don't impress me and never had.. I saw through him real fast..

He changes suspect's just about as much as I change underware ( by the way I change that daily) ... And I seen him I personally feel make-up evidence to suite his favoite suspect of that time period in his life.. If someone ask him where he got it?? His reply is allways the same, He has special infromation that nobody else has access too except hisself..

Don't get me wrong the guy is open to express his opinion and I don't mean this to be a T.V. bashing post, This more I been there and experance this type of action from him personally first hand and I don't want 1 of our fine members of this group to have to go through what I and a lot other posters on this site done been through with this self-appointed expert ..

But I get so tired of him calling hisself a expert on the Zodiac Case and the media will repete him... I feel this is so far from the truth its allmost comical..

Myself Personally I think he has hurt this case a lot more than he ever try to help it.. The thought has enter my mind he just use the Zodiac case to advance his huge egomania problem..

Plus I don't care who you are or who you think you are... You never I repete Never call family members of the victims bad names , Such a Dope Head, They are well known for Lying and you can't believe one word they say.. And many many other post I read where he attack the Poor Victims family members or living Victims of this terrible crime spree was totally uncalled for in my book..

Poor Victim's family and People lucky to survive there vicious attacks should never be put through that in a public forum.. Action like that I just about bet you on here they ban you real quick posting reply's to family members like the way he do on "His Site"

I am very suprised one of them not sue the pant's off of him in the court system and I feel they could very well win a case against him very easy..

I never forget a Sister of one of the victims was on his site posting, There was someone following her for years and still following her and she was really very afraid for her own life at that time..

And he tore into her called her a well know lyer and other terrible thing's...... I felt so sorry for her when I read what he posted as a reply to her post..

I feel I am not the only one feel's this way that post on this site....

I guess what I am really trying to say to our readers of this post is take anything T.V. has said or say in the future as not a correct fact in this case and give a very lot of thought to it, Before you spend a lot of your personal time investigating one of his lead's .... It more than likely be a total waste of your time...

You know something be very nice I feel...... Any of your poster's on here got a e-mail address or someway to get intouch with any family members or alive victims???

I think that be very nice to try to get some Family Members to check us out and hopefully start posting on here with us ....

Give them a forum where they would not have to fear being attacked and insulted on here... I would love to hear there side of there story .... I bet they could really add to this thread and our investigation into this terrible crime ...

Thank's

I take it there's been no updates at all....I'm curious as all get out now.

Probably wont be any updates,i'll bet that theres no connection there

I've been checking Google News and searching "Zodiac" a couple of times a day. No real updates in the last day or so. I think I read somewhere that the SFPD are going to do a follow up interview with her. But that's it. No hard details.

Anything else your likely to read is just conjecture.

Heres a news conference held by Perez's stepssister( Guy Hendrickson's BLOOD daughter)

http://cbs13.com/video/?id=56117@kovr.dayport.comhttp://www.ocregister.com/articles/janice-guy-family-2473726-father-says

Sounds like Perez is a nutjob, and the SF police and the FBI think the same thing.

Maybe she should go back to claiming to be JFK's daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back