Zodiac Killer

http://www.truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=95

I was just reading the entry on True Crime Diary about the cold case that was recently solved using DNA which led LE to a 76 yr old, infirm man. He had murdered a young couple while they were in their car. He suspected in another similar murder of a young couple. Michelle (the author of TCD) brings up some similaries between this guy and the Zodiac which are compelling. Their ages fit, they are the same height, this guy lived in California for a time and he was in prison at Deer Lodge - the Zodiac mentioned being an escapee from Deer Lodge prison.

Anyone hear a rumor about a high school teacher that was a Zodiac suspect (not Arthur Leigh Allen) outside of Vallejo?

Supposedly, this teacher held an assembly with students proclaiming his innocence. I think the teachers initials, or the school's initials were DG or DGH, something similar.

Anyone have anything on this? Please pm me if so. thanks

Anyone hear a rumor about a high school teacher that was a Zodiac suspect (not Arthur Leigh Allen) outside of Vallejo?

Supposedly, this teacher held an assembly with students proclaiming his innocence. I think the teachers initials, or the school's initials were DG or DGH, something similar.

Anyone have anything on this? Please pm me if so. thanks

Are you thinking of Don Harden? he is the high school teacher who along with his wife cracked the first code.

Are you thinking of Don Harden? he is the high school teacher who along with his wife cracked the first code.

No, someone else mentioned the same thing to me, but I am looking for someone else

where is everyone at? No Z case fans?

Hi Morf
I was interested in this case as a teen, and recalled reading a Reader's Digest saying it was Eddie Seda. But, if its still open, I am up for getting back into it. I am probably 10 years behind, lots of reading I can catch up on.

Eddie Seda was a Zodiac copycat from the state of NY. The original and infamous Zodiac murders happened in the late 60's near San Fran, CA

I'm new to THIS forum (and joined because I found it while reading about the Kyron Horman case which I am utterly emotionally invested in)
However, I too became obsessed with the Zodiac case in the same way someone else mentioned in this thread. I had never heard of Z until about 3 years ago when I saw a special on one of those Mystery channels. I then went and rented the movie, then read some books, then found tom voights site and read there as much as possible. I dont post there anymore and it was impossible to ever read all the stuff over there, it'd take years to read it all, I think.
I don't have any theories/suspects other than I think it's likely someone no one ever even thought of. I also believe he did move around and continue killing until he died or health wouldn't let him anymore (we of course have no clue if he's alive or dead today even). He promised he would keep killing and make some of them appear as accidents and he likely kept his word.
I will look to see if anyone still posts on this thread later this evening, not sure it's very active anymore, but its good to see some folks are still intrigued by the zodiac case.

Yes,thats him. He looks like the sketch with glasses and looks like the Lake Berryessa sketch without glasses.His whole name,town and occupation are hidden in the deciphered code in a cross word type puzzle form just like Dennis Rader did. His initials DH are in the bus bomb diagram and also his hand writing style is like Zodiacs.He also changes the appearance of his lettering when he writes just like Zodiac did.

I'm new to THIS forum (and joined because I found it while reading about the Kyron Horman case which I am utterly emotionally invested in)
However, I too became obsessed with the Zodiac case in the same way someone else mentioned in this thread. I had never heard of Z until about 3 years ago when I saw a special on one of those Mystery channels. I then went and rented the movie, then read some books, then found tom voights site and read there as much as possible. I dont post there anymore and it was impossible to ever read all the stuff over there, it'd take years to read it all, I think.
I don't have any theories/suspects other than I think it's likely someone no one ever even thought of. I also believe he did move around and continue killing until he died or health wouldn't let him anymore (we of course have no clue if he's alive or dead today even). He promised he would keep killing and make some of them appear as accidents and he likely kept his word.
I will look to see if anyone still posts on this thread later this evening, not sure it's very active anymore, but its good to see some folks are still intrigued by the zodiac case.
Hi,check out my postings with pictures.

Zodiac possibility? Doenetwork.org case #966UMTX, an unidentified man 70-90 years old, died March 31, 2005 at a hospital in San Angelo, TX. He was carrying numerous IDs on him, and had removed most of his fingerprints. Had been living as a transient. Hard to fathom that someone that age was still worried about the law catching up with him, but apparently he was.

Whoever he was, he must have committed some very serious crimes.

This from the San Angelo Facebook:

He had a form from the Pima County Arizona Health Department. He's thought to be a transient, apparently hiding his true identity.

**May have connections to the West Coast.

Bumping this thread up due to recent interest on other threads regarding the codes and encryptions used by Zodiac.

Hope 2011 proves to be the year Zodiac's ID is discovered

I cant' believe with all the letter and stamps there is no DNA profile, or is there?

The Zodiac letters and stamps were not stored in a protected way. Some were found in a detective's home garage! Others were handled by many police and reporters without gloves. Any person who touched their nose or mouth prior to touching the letters may have got DNA on them.

Most of the letters yielded no usable DNA. Finally they did get FOUR STRANDS of DNA off one stamp from a letter. You need 13 strands to enter into CODIS.

It is debatable if that is really the DNA from the Zodiac or just contamination from the mailman, another person, police, etc. The detective I spoke to said he thought it was "50-50" at best if that was real Zodiac DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back