Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon do runners change out of their running clothes? Would one ever sit around wearing them after a run?
It's been so hot that I'm sweaty after a fast-paced morning walk so practically tear my clothes off when I get home. But if not for being sweaty I might not.

When I was her age, not right away sometimes. Sometimes I would just wash my face and drink some water and do some homework. If it was the end of the evening I’d have done a quick cold rinse in the shower and been starving for dinner.

Building on my prior post that she was most likely on her nightly run when she went missing, and that a storm may very well have come through the area while she was on said run, she may have been offered "friendly" shelter - either structural or mobile - while said storm was coming through.

JMO.

How soon do runners change out of their running clothes? Would one ever sit around wearing them after a run?
It's been so hot that I'm sweaty after a fast-paced morning walk so practically tear my clothes off when I get home. But if not for being sweaty I might not.

Sometimes I can't wait to peel off my sweaty running clothes. Other times I dilly-dally and take them off later.

Right. So I wonder why the older brother isn’t also a Tibbetts? Or is he? I’m going by MSM photo captions. I could definitely be wrong. However, if the older brother IS RT’s son, wouldn’t HE be Dad’s Best Man?

All you have to do is look at their mom's FB pics of the 3 kids in their early childhood years to conclude that they're all blood related.

Attachments

• 22366551_1599313106801620_3677544264466374700_n.jpg
    22366551_1599313106801620_3677544264466374700_n.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 14
@Woe.be.gone said:
This news is interesting. Mollie's mom first reported (wish I had a source) that the shirt was going to be handed out/available the day before the event/fair. Because of this, the mom looked for a shirt but didn't find one.
Am I dreaming? Does anyone else remember this version of the red shirt detail shortly after the case broke?

WBG, I remember. Either that, or we share a dream life.
Easily attributed to the early disappearance, frantic news moments. Mom has since reported that 2 of the red-shirts Day Camp assigned were FOUND in Mollie's room, thus not missing.

Thanks for sharing. I'm at a loss here.

Few things that are odd about this case/questions I still have:
- The first time I heard about this case, it was from an article from MSM that spoke about the BF and said that he knew she was missing because of the snap chat. That was strange.
- Had she packed an overnight bag? I'm hung up on this red shirt. If she had planned to stay the night, she would have brought the shirt with her. If she hadn't, why not give it to her brother in the car? Why stay longer than a few hours? It wouldn't have taken too long to let the dogs out.
- If she had planned on staying the night, why walk home in the morning? Her brother was still waiting on a text. I'd assume that even if she walked home to get the car, she would have let him know prior to heading home.
- If she had not, who was supposed to get her?

Who (if anybody) was supposed to drive her to work is unknown and to me is one of the biggest mysteries here.

Also OT but your user name is awesome.

Pretty sure I read that Mollie was supposed to be at work (or at least have left for work) well before 7:30am. But that doesn't mean such a scenario couldn't have transpired at an earlier hour.

Thank you dub! DailyMail just put out an article today.

"Mollie's boss at the Grinnell Regional Medical Centre, Chad Nath, said she was expected to arrive for work around 8am on July 19, but she never showed up. She was due to be part of a group of ten staff taking around 75 kids to the Poweshiek County fair."

So I'm thinking Mollie is mostly ready for work. She hears the truck in driveway and puts dogs in basement so they don't claw at the door when she goes out to see about truck.

OK I have a speculation/theory because I am trying to make all the pieces fit. If her running clothes, FitBit, phone, and earbuds have not been found, I couldn't figure a way she wasn't taken from her run (unless she was literally ambushed upon entering the home). But the issue is the "she did HW on her computer later that evening." We don't know the time on "later in the evening."

What if she starts a run at 730 and this is when the neighbor sees her run past. She remembers that crap, she has an online HW assignment due tonight. So she circles back home. I have read on here that speculation existed her run was only 15 min long according to FitBit? If that is true, it would make sense. She would get home and "stop" the run on her FitBit. Log in to do the HW while still in running garb.

She never completed her run though and maybe even figured she would jog over to Mom's for dinner and to get the car, so after completing her HW (she could have also sent the snap at this time), she again leaves her house to go for a run. Perhaps she never got a chance to restart the run on her FitBit. I think this theory covers both her running outfit and accessories being missing and doing HW on her computer. The red shirt would not make sense in this theory but we don't know that this red shirt found was hers or that hers is even in fact missing. This would also make sense with the dogs being in the basement and the home being undisturbed. JMO and one of like 56 theories I have thrown out.

This theory makes sense to me

Thanks for linking that article, MG! You're right: it is chock full of useful info! From that article:

Mollie's mom told DailyMail.com that all the items and clothes she took on her run have never been located.

These include her Fitbit, a gold-colored iPhone 7s in a protective case, some white earbuds and an armband pouch she used to hold the handset while she ran.

Her dark colored running shorts, pink sports top and running shoes are also yet to be found despite extensive searches of Brooklyn and the surrounding county.

IF this information is true, then I'm squarely in the "disappeared while running or walking" camp vs. taken from the home.

Me too. Because if she made it home after her run, where are her dirty running clothes? No doubt she would have taken them off to shower as soon as she got home. As silly as DM can be sometimes, this article finally seems to give us some answers!!!

Just finished watching the presser earlier today. Found it irritating and painful to watch. Purpose: limited, IMO. I did think the press asked some really good questions. They weren't given any answers (surprise), but at least they asked the right questions. MT's dad impressed me so much: what a strong and gracious man.

I need to ask: did anyone else want to hurl heavy objects at their screen when Ms. What's-Her-Face from the Iowa Missing and Endangered blah, blah, blah agency strode up to the podium and starting throwing out statistics and speaking in glittering generalities about Iowa's statewide missing persons data, or it just me?

I don't know why I had such a negative, visceral response to that presentation, aside from the fact that I was thinking to myself the whole time, "This pc is not about numbers and your useless state statistics. It is about one individual, Mollie Tibbetts, whose parents happen to be standing right behind you, lady." If I were one of her parents, it would have taken every ounce of energy in my body not to have lost it and screamed, "My daughter is not a statistic!"

Well, now I know I'm not the only one who felt that way. When asked about the RELEVANT statistics like how many tips or was there an increase/different type of tips after the reward, we get, "I don't have that information." As I stated before, I get that LE doesn't want to release information, but I don't think LE is doing a very good job with these press conferences.

Remember a while back that it was reported that the investigators had taken security footage from Caseys gas station in town? That to me indicates that they think the perp may have driven some distance on the way into Brooklyn, IA.

That coupled with the statements about "who was in town that night" and the fact that LE is sharing no information at all and other comments they've made tells me that they know who it is, and it's somebody close to Mollie who had to drive into town from a long enough distance that they may have needed to refuel when they arrived.

After only 3 weeks in the elements this shirt would be very recognizable. You could probably toss it in the wash and wear it.
Maybe, if it’s hers. That’s my point. If it’s not hers, depending on condition, that may not be so easy to determine.

Remember a while back that it was reported that the investigators had taken security footage from Caseys gas station in town? That to me indicates that they think the perp may have driven some distance on the way into Brooklyn, IA.

That coupled with the statements about "who was in town that night" and the fact that LE is sharing no information at all and other comments they've made tells me that they know who it is, and it's somebody close to Mollie who had to drive into town from a long enough distance that they may have needed to refuel when they arrived.
Rookie mistake if you’re knowingly committing a crime

Also not sure where you're seeing they have the Calderwood last name.
Every thing I've seen shows Tibetts for the three kids, including their social media.
Mom is the only Calderwood.
If a site is showing them as Calderwood, it's incorrect.

I’m trying to upload the photos with captions from the Gazette, but am receiving errors that the files are too large. Hm.

This news is interesting. Mollie's mom first reported (wish I had a source) that the shirt was going to be handed out/available the day before the event/fair. Because of this, the mom looked for a shirt but didn't find one.
Am I dreaming? Does anyone else remember this version of the red shirt detail shortly after the case broke?
Kudos and huge thumbs up to the DM (a UK publication) for actually getting some interesting information. DK why local and Iowa press couldn't do the same thing? Very strange indeed.

I wonder if Mollie’s laptop was password protected. I also wonder if anyone else knew that password and the login details for her university account.

Thank you to all of you for caring about Mollie. Please take time out this weekend to do something you enjoy for a while or spend time with your loved ones.

I’m wondering now if she was going over to her mom’s since she needs the car in the morning for work and her red shirt which is also at mom’s just to pick up and go back to Dalton’s

Yes, I see her going for her jog, returning home for some HW, and then to her moms. No need to change prior because she had plans to eat at moms and shower at moms. IMO
jmo

Yeah I agree. The evidence of her returning is what’s throwing a wrench into the very plausible scenario that she was abducted on her jog. As most people know, joggers are attacked and murdered quite frequently. But I have no reason to discount what we have previously heard, so I’m stuck.
The only thing I can think of she was doing homework, decided to run ( for whatever reason stuck on a problem, noticed it was getting late, etc) left herself logged into the school system whatever. Maybe the poster who taught online can tell us if that system logs one out eventually if no movement, or after a set time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoyaqueen