Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the press conference was entirely deflating. However, I still have a feeling they are on the cusp of something. I’m still pondering my handful of theories. I believe there is a likelihood this relates to the Delphi case, and other cases in Iowa, or that it was a tragic accident covered up by someone in fear. After those scenarios, I have the garden variety usual suspects.

Really cannot discuss my thoughts here, so I’m tuning out a bit until that REAL press conference occurs. Of course, far too many PCs are exactly like this. It’s hard enough being a concerned member of the public, I cannot fathom the pain of family and friends.

I would think if you were going to clean out a vehicle or wash it, you would do it in another town....and get out of Brooklyn asap
Since the car wash appears to be on the same route she was spotted by a town resident, just east of where he reported seeing her, possibly the car wash is of interest just to locate a suspicious vehicle. Seems a perfect place to hang out and not be noticed. Either this vehicle noticed Mollie earlier and was tailing her, or they happened to be there as she passed by and then followed her. If she continued straight, the area becomes a bit more remote and easier to bump and abduct. jmo

Regarding the fake facebook page, I have been wracking my memory to figure out why the language used on it sounded so familiar. I thought I was having deja vu. But I remember where I've heard that before, it was during the David Carver/Kala Brown abduction. Almost exactly the same language used. Old article here talks about David Carver's hacked account on FB:
More tips needed in missing couple's case, say Anderson Police

I'm not the IT guy, but I'm surprised it's being called "amateurish".

I think it's low-bandwidth, in the hope of getting a lot of views and not overloading the servers.

I think it's a case of everything is there that needs to be, but nothing there that doesn't need to be there. I find it more minimalist than amateurish.

It is odd that the two close-up images are missing their png but I don't find it suspiciously odd.

I'm not particularly enamored with the form design on the user end. That would be the only part I really think looks amateurish. But overall I would say it's more function than form.

I would say that it appears that every single word has been carefully chosen to evoke a response.

we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved
Individuals who commit violent crimes
unknowingly be associated with the offender

I think the site is not just for the public, it's also for someone close to the perp, and there's extra candy for the perp.

Quoting myself, and specifically referring to the bolded words "violent crimes" and "offender". That suggests to me they don't think it was a hit-and-run.

I think LE want anyone close to the perp to be wary of them. Someone who can be violent to Mollie can be violent to anyone in their home life. I would say don't try and question someone who ticks some of those boxes, talk to LE and get their reassurance that this person is clear. And maybe if someone at work confides in you that their loved one ticks some of those boxes, maybe make the call to LE for them, just to make sure they're safe if they're scared to reach out to LE themselves.

Yes, hoping there's some clever catch-a-perp thing built into that site somehow and it's not just the amateurish thing it seems.
Thinking maybe they had saved the two non-working dot pictures differently than the working dots, I copied the address of a dot that did work, entered that address in a new window, and then tried changing the picture number to a multitude of other numbers, removed the underline and replaced it with a dash, etc.,etc. until I finally gave up when nothing was working and I couldn't think of anything else to try.
If it is a catch-a-perp thing they'll surely be knocking at, or breaking down my door soon! :rolleyes::D

Since the car wash appears to be on the same route she was spotted by a town resident, just east of where he reported seeing her, possibly the car wash is of interest just to locate a suspicious vehicle. Seems a perfect place to hang out and not be noticed. Either this vehicle noticed Mollie earlier and was tailing her, or they happened to be there as she passed by and then followed her. If she continued straight, the area becomes a bit more remote and easier to bump and abduct. jmo
The car wash is surrounded by houses, literally. Not sure you could hang out there and not be noticed.

So what do y’all think about the two far right dots that don’t link to a description? One had the little left hand corner image thing like when you post a broken link, the other went nowhere. Deliberate? Unfinished? Do the people who understand it know what it means?

FWIW - definition of the word 'recovery'=

the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost.
Yes, but is that how it is defined by LE ?We need to hear from our LE posters.

Yay, a techie! I'm trying to map the exact areas for area2 and area4--this is from the site:

<map name="tibbetts">
<area id="area1" shape="circle" coords="344,187,22" alt="" >
<area id="area2" shape="circle" coords="494,157,22" alt="" >
<area id="area3" shape="circle" coords="385,297,22" alt="" >
<area id="area4" shape="circle" coords="505,377,22" alt="" >
<area id="area5" shape="circle" coords="385,197,22" alt="" >
</map>

Can you decipher these so they can be mapped?
I just took the map provided and lines it up with Google maps. It's a field on the corner of Hwy 6 and a road called 21.

"vehicle unexpectedly taken to a repair shop”

I just wonder if they think it was actually part of the plan to incapacitate her with a car.

She had to be incapacitated when the person turned off the fitbi (obioulsy they didnt make it to the final destination with the fitbit on if not it would of shown on the data collected). And im sure of the person asked her to tuen off her cellphone she would of sense something wrong and would of fight of the driver.
So thats why im thibking she was incapacitated before the fitbit was turned off.

LE doesn't know what to think, there is no evidence she is alive or deceased. No evidence means, no evidence. I think all the time; how can a POI really pull this off and not make a single mistake other POIs in other similar cases have made in the past....

No finger/footprints, no blood, no fluids, no vehicles, no digital footprint (the most shocking to me), no purse, no identity, no suspicious/change in behavior leading up to, no tracking, no bags packed up, no recent fight/break-up with the BF, no clues, no evidence, no money, no cash withdrawals, no google searches, no enemies, no crazy exes, no troubled past, no previous mental illness/medication to blame, no recent accidents to make her disoriented.

How the heck does a person just vanish in 2018!

Wow... I haven't been to this site in years, but this case has caught my attention like all of you.

I am an active 28 year law enforcement officer with a major municipal agency.
From the LE website, if I am interpreting this correctly, LE believed the following;
  • They are looking for a man
  • A vehicle was involved in transportation of Mollie, and possibly criminal acts besides
  • The individual they are looking for works or lives in the area
  • He has his own vehicle
  • He is fairly mainstream
  • He has a cell phone
  • She was taken after 5pm, but he was in the area by 5pm
  • By 10pm they believe he, and probably Mollie, were out of the area
  • He probably has family or close friends who would note his unavailability for a period of hours
  • The believe she is no longer alive
  • They have suspects on their radar
I'm sure none of this is new to anyone here, just thought I'd add another LE perspective.

The car wash is surrounded by houses, literally. Not sure you could hang out there and not be noticed.
I assume it's a self wash and not a drive-thru? Someone could be there washing a car and not call attention to himself/herself. Since the PC mentioned it as a place of interest, I'm searching for a reason is all. Instead of a clean up after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring