CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what is most baffling to me as well. As violently as PF murdered KB, it’s obvious he has no qualms with committing murder. What made him so determined that KK was the one who must do the deed? Also bizarre is her making that long drive 3 times, only to chicken out. That’s a lot of time in the car to think through what you’re going to do. The “YOU HAVE A MESS TO CLEAN UP” also reveals something, I’m just unsure what that is. Finally, what was in KK’s mind that she felt responsible for the clean up? Horrendous job, why did she do it?
The emphasis on the "mess" definitely stands out. I think the first idea about the coffee was a deal - she kills and he deals with the body. The final idea was the opposite deal - he kills but she has to clean up because she failed with the coffee deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it extra messy for her.

One or both of these peeps seem to be very concerned about "mess." I am not sure what that means, but my hunch it is more than just the concern not to leave evidence. It has a weirder vibe to it.

Jmo

This is what is most baffling to me as well. As violently as PF murdered KB, it’s obvious he has no qualms with committing murder. What made him so determined that KK was the one who must do the deed? Also bizarre is her making that long drive 3 times, only to chicken out. That’s a lot of time in the car to think through what you’re going to do. The “YOU HAVE A MESS TO CLEAN UP” also reveals something, I’m just unsure what that is. Finally, what was in KK’s mind that she felt responsible for the clean up? Horrendous job, why did she do it?

Maybe they planned the murder together .Maybe he never said that.

The emphasis on the "mess" definitely stands out. I think the first idea about the coffee was a deal - she kills and he deals with the body. The final idea was the opposite deal - he kills but she has to clean up because she failed with the coffee deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he made it extra messy for her.

One or both of these peeps seem to be very concerned about "mess." I am not sure what that means, but my hunch it is more than just the concern not to leave evidence. It has a weirder vibe to it.

Jmo

That makes good sense. It does seem he purposely tracked blood (footprints) all over the house. She was blugened in the living room but blood ended up in most of the house. Mentioning the tooth in the vent also seemed passive aggressive or downright aggressive. He couldn’t even grab the tooth while he was there? The level of violence is shocking, displaying deep disdain for Kelsey.

I think, the two nurses (Ma + KKL) agreed in fullest, that it would be easier for PF and themselves, KB would disappear forever. Further I think, one older nurse knew exactly, what possibilities the younger nurse would have at her workplace (taking drugs for anesthesia) and might have suggested something in that direction. SF might have suggested it to PF and PF to KKL, perhaps.
I'm behind and not able to read all posts, because my laptop always gets overheated on a current and high frequented thread. So my mentioning of some points maybe outdated. Excuse me, please.
I want to mention for example: There was blood all over KB's home - why, if a strong, overly raged, angry and hateful man did the beating? Why, if the beating was so very violent, that a tooth broke out of KB's sweet mouth? If KB's blood got on PF shoes, then it would explain some "large" (?) bloody footprints in the home, but it wouldn't explain spread blood on walls in more rooms than the "attack" room.
Btw: When I'm looking at pics of PF in his striped outfit, I don't recognize "large" feet, rather a smaller size (for men).
PF allegedly knew, he had knocked out one of KB's teeth including root and told KKL, where exactly to find the little tooth and collect it?? Why didn't mimosa PF collect it himself - I don't understand. KKL threw the tooth away (told about it) - but PF couldn't do it? You have to shake your head in disbelief, IMO.
I'm not sure, whether I can believe each part of KKL's story ......

ETA: KKL would be a star crime scene cleaner, if she was able to clean this "mess" in about 3-4 hours. Don't know at all, how that would work.
Good points you make about old nurse.
Sadly I think KB was savagely beaten without initially killing her and she ran around the condo trying to escape her killer.
That much blood in so many places says this was not a quick
death, nor was she made unconscious quickly. She was operating on instinct trying to get away from him.
Poor, poor woman did suffer. moo.

Something's bothering me how does Idaho know that pf set the tote on the ground behind Kelsey's car before putting it in his truck if she wasn't there when he moved Kelsey's body .that doesn't make sense that he'd tell her he set the tote down before putting in truck.
My guess is we are missing the details of what happened before/after he set down the tote. Maybe he told KK that as he was moving the tote, his phone rang or the baby cries or the neighbor waved....I don't know, obviously, but I think something happened that made him set the tote down and that's why he mentionednit to her. Maybe blood soaked through and made a mark and he told her to clean it up? Jmo

Same. I moved here from Dallas 6 years ago and THOUGHT it would be very safe! Not so much! Sorry I can’t turn the bold off! I will say this, with the lax legal marijuana laws, we are seeing so many new transient & homeless flood our town. Not that PF was a transient but I’ve seen crime increase due to so many outsiders moving here. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to turn the BOLD off ?? Please and thank you!! o_O

ITA It's very bad here in the Springs. And now Denver wants to add SHROOMS to the mix. :/

Something's bothering me how does Idaho know that pf set the tote on the ground behind Kelsey's car before putting it in his truck if she wasn't there when he moved Kelsey's body .that doesn't make sense that he'd tell her he set the tote down before putting in truck.
PF parked his truck sideways behind KB's own sedan and truck in the parking lot. I could see PF telling KK that he exited the condo...set the tote down between the vehicles.....my truck blocked the view....nobody could see what I was carrying.

Sadly I think KB was savagely beaten without initially killing her and she ran around the condo trying to escape her killer.
death, nor was she made unconscious quickly. She was operating on instinct trying to get away from him.
My hope (wishful thinking?) is that it was a quick blow and she died quickly in the living room. But the blood spattered from the violent blow and also spilled a lot from her wounds, which accounts for the blood in the living room. The blood in the bathroom, I'm hoping is because PF went into the bathroom to clean himself up and he didn't bother being careful since KK would clean it up. The footprints were because he walked around in the mess. The blood in the kitchen is because he went in the kitchen/fridge for food for himself or baby.

I really do hope it was quick. A messy quick, but quick. Hope.

jmo

I don't believe ANYONE ever said he set the tote on the ground before putting it in the truck, except Investigator Slater in the hearing. It's just not a detail that would be recalled by the person who did it.
When I go back and pick out all of the "hits" of the cadaver dog that Slater described, It's easy to see that the officer used the dog to verify KKL's story. The back bumper area of KB's car, near where PF might have set down the black tote, is one place that the dog got a positive hit.
IMO

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but during investigations or dealing with disturbing people or places you get an intuition / sixth sense response. Commonly, it is the hair on your neck standing up or dreams during a case. It is not something you can control but you do grow to recognize the occurrence. I have to think KB experienced this around her with these encounters of KK and PF. I especially think about the random coffee at the door, if this happened as described. In thinking about KB's anxiety, it makes me think of your body's warning system. Sometimes anxiety really is anxiety.

That makes good sense. It does seem he purposely tracked blood (footprints) all over the house. She was blugened in the living room but blood ended up in most of the house. Mentioning the tooth in the vent also seemed passive aggressive or downright aggressive. He couldn’t even grab the tooth while he was there? The level of violence is shocking, displaying deep disdain for Kelsey.

I would like to know why he felt he needed to go upstairs after killing her. What did he go upstairs to get?

I'm thinking a lot of the blood in the bathroom is from him taking a shower and changing. And then when she went to clean up, she wiped it down and therefore it got wiped into cracks in the hinges and other places. I think the murder was indeed done in the living room which is near the kitchen, but the bathroom I think was all her cleaning up and spreading the blood around into cracks and crevices which they found. Moo

Hopefully this isn't out of bounds, But I do think its reasonable to speculate that somebody would be well aware what was happening when there was a bonfire in a trough right outside your door after your grand kids mother turned up missing. So many persons in this case knew what was happening and it kind of boggles my mind that there haven't been further charges in this case. MOO

Last edited:
Procedure must be followed.
that is true. and part of the procedure of a preliminary hearing is to present witnesses.so if KK did the murder then the public defender should have had her as a witness to establish that what she told LE was nothing more than a bunch of lies. to do this would have put a big dent in the DAs' presentation. imo. probably would have still gone to trial but in a much different way. so PF's defender appears to be unable to establish alternatives except for the one that KB was having her period at the time. it's my opinion that if that's all the PD has come up with at this point then the PD's office is basically standing by the track waving the train through. MOO.

It’s just mind blowing to me that a person who has admitted to this evil, remorseless behavior could just be let go. I know it helps the case but immunity? It’s an insult to Kelsey and a new threat on the loose for the rest of us. Society should be outraged with them sending a wolf into the sheep pen. She likes to be a follower, she’ll have a high time in lockup. Where she belongs before her ticket to hell.
KK is not getting immunity. She is charged with and pleaded guilty to felony tampering with evidence. She will be sentenced after her testimony against PF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member