Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounded like the friend was very concerned
RSBM
Speaking of "concerned" friends, the family's concerns sure aren't matching up with the shade being thrown by Barry's good friend, Troy Skinner. If the family has kept up with PE, most likely they are bound to have read what's out there posted by Troy, IMO.

And where did Barry get his description of Suzanne, blue helmet and biking clothes to drop off at a shop a few days later? Could the purpose of that visit be to spread the narrative to a wider local audience?

Last edited:
My only issue is that if there was someone else involved after the fact (which I think is more probable than someone else with direct involvement in the murder), I would have expected this person to have flipped by now.

If this person knew enough, then we’d likely have seen an arrest.

So I’m not super confident this person exists.
Before the fact, during the event or after the fact. If there is another person involved, they're just as culpable, if I'm not mistaken.
The deterrent of life is prison is a damn good reason to keep your mouth shut.
And, it could be the clincher that LE is awaiting - a plea with a sweet deal. Maybe.
IMO

Last edited:
I am too @JerichoTina -- the only part of the program I was a bit confused by. Welcome to WS and hope we can celebrate the recovery of SM sooner than later.
I’m confused about the car situation as well. Why would BM ask the neighbor to go check on the house/cars if he knew the vehicles parked there weren’t theirs? Did he park a friends car there? Did he ask a friend to park there? If so, why? Were the cars still there when LE arrived? MOO

Finally a few nuggets of info trickling out, this is big, You know BM is probably having a BM right now, :p
Lol.
Heeheehee ... :p
I laughed way more than I should have, at your post. :D
But thanks for some levity.

I'm torn somewhat between rage for Suzanne's fate (I believe she is gone), and desperately wanting justice sooner rather than later.

Am also wondering-- and will continue to do so as this unfolds -- what those closest to BM are thinking ?
Specifically his side of the family and friends including buddies from his profession.
Will we see any revelations from them ... or even desertions ?
Imo

Before the fact, during the event or after the fact. If there is another person involved, they're just as culpable, if I'm not mistaken.
The deterrent of life is prison is a damn good reason to keep you mouth shut.
And, it could be the clincher that LE is awaiting - a plea with a sweet deal. Maybe.
IMO

BBM:

It can also act as an extremely powerful reason to open your mouth and spill, especially to people who weren't involved in the planning and execution of the initial crime itself.

In the Kelsey Berreth case, for example, Frazee's cleaning lady/side piece, KK, sang like a canary in order to avoid the prospect of decades behind bars.

I do think if there was someone with guilty knowledge r/t SM's disappearance, we would have seen LE/the DA make a deal with that accomplice in order to nail the primary perp.

JMO.

Last edited:
The deterrent of life is prison is a damn good reason to keep you mouth shut.
IMO
If this was a conspiracy and this person was involved in plot, that’s far more serious than someone being an accessory after the fact.

We’ll see, but I don’t think this was a planned event. BM apparently left himself very little time to work with.

^^sbm
Not sure what's up here? Can you please link what you're referring to. TIA.

That's from the video tonight where the PE guys talked about that handwritten note that BM supposedly dropped off at a store or something, listing SM's bike helmet and other items.

Until tonight, we couldn't talk about that here, but since it was mentioned there on PE and they're an approved source, we can now.

The purported note itself is something a lot of us have seen elsewhere.
A person from the store posted it on SM, if I recall correctly.

JMO.

Last edited:
That's from the video tonight where the PE guys talked about that handwritten note that BM dropped off in a storefront somewhere in Salida, listing SM's teal bike helmet and other items.

Until tonight, we couldn't talk about that here, but since it was mentioned there on PE, it's something a lot of us have seen described elsewhere.

JMO.
Thanks. I'm not recalling this nugget ever discussed on WS on the main thread. I'm sure PE not exempt from talking fb posts. ;)

ETA: Google is my friend. Plunder, May 28.

Last edited:
I just went back and listened carefully for the 3rd time about the Saturday afternoon/evening texting between SM and close friend.

Mike says the conversation didn’t just come to an abrupt end, but it also “changed”.
Chris confirms and says that “the individual (close friend) has been diligently trying to find her girlfriend and has been communicating and has not been getting the kind of reciprocating responses. We believe that the police and others are aware of this and we are not going to go into that piece of the investigation because it’s ongoing.”

WOW. My interpretation is that the girlfriend received texts that did not sound like SM. Then she tried talking to BM about it and did not get the response she would expect ( or maybe NO response from him at all). I believe gf then told LE.
JMO/ speculation

The text conversation is a quantifiable piece I had been looking for to get me off the fence. This appears to be the last known person, other than BM, to communicate with her. Unless any other communication or sighting comes to light that is after 5am on the 10th, the timeline doesn’t match up with his statements.

If her phone locked after that texting, and he could not get into it, todays revelation may be the first time he’s heard of it. If that is the case, he has to know his goose is cooked. Could get interesting now. MOO.

It’s not a super happy place, this side of the fence; because it means that: Suzanne is deceased, the person she likely trusted most in the world killed her, she was probably aware of this as she died, her children no longer have a mother, and the person responsible has yet to be held accountable.

Welcome to my side of the fence, with condolences.

IMO

Lol.
Heeheehee ... :p
I laughed way more than I should have, at your post. :D
But thanks for some levity.

I'm torn somewhat between rage for Suzanne's fate (I believe she is gone), and desperately wanting justice sooner rather than later.

Am also wondering-- and will continue to do so as this unfolds -- what those closest to BM are thinking ?
Specifically his side of the family and friends including buddies from his profession.
Will we see any revelations from them ... or even desertions ?
Imo
I'm just glad that BM may feel some heat. Suzanne deserves justice, and I believe it's coming sooner rather than later.

If this was a conspiracy and this person was involved in plot, that’s far more serious than someone being an accessory after the fact.

We’ll see, but I don’t think this was a planned event. BM apparently left himself very little time to work with.
As far as anyone could know, it might have been planned and it could've even been a 'murder for hire'.
I'm not leaning that way but keeping an open mind. I don't think we're dealing with a genius here.
After the fact is where I lean, but who knows. And, that scenario would be the best for someone coming forward and giving it up for a plea deal. I'll take anything at this point so maybe it is wishful thinking!
I have a feeling the truth will out.

I’m confused about the car situation as well. Why would BM ask the neighbor to go check on the house/cars if he knew the vehicles parked there weren’t theirs? Did he park a friends car there? Did he ask a friend to park there? If so, why? Were the cars still there when LE arrived? MOO
Is it possible that a co-worker drove to BM's home, left his/her vehicle there and rode in BM's vehicle to Denver?

RSBM
Speaking of "concerned" friends, the family's concerns sure aren't matching up with the shade being thrown by Barry's good friend, Troy Skinner. If the family has kept up with PE, most likely they are bound to have read what's out there posted by Troy, IMO.

And where did Barry get his description of Suzanne, blue helmet and biking clothes to drop off at a shop a few days later? Could the purpose of that visit be to spread the narrative to a wider local audience?
ITA. I think her family and friends are definitely keeping up with what’s being said but have remained silent for the girls. I think they have a lot of class. Not so sure about BM’s friend. MOO
Yeah, it’s funny how he knew what she was wearing on the bike ride and how the wheel was turned. :rolleyes: I think BM is the kind of man that wants to be liked, likes being the life of the party, wants to continue living there and needs the locals to believe his story. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia