GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully justice will happen in 2022. May you all have a happy and safe holiday. I truly admire the dedication each and every poster on this thread has put forth to keep this case on the front burner.

Most of you had probably never even heard of Pike County Ohio before these horrendous murders, yet many of you have been here for over five and a half years... to me that says that there is still a lot of good and caring people in this world. Take care my friends.

hugs-big-hug-from-me-to-you.gif

Wednesday, December 22nd:
*Motions (Daubert) Hearing (@ 9am ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (37). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 30) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. (Det. Scheiderer: We know the three calibers of firearms that were used to commit these murders. a 22 caliber long rifle, a 40 caliber, and a 30 caliber). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP. Per Jake’s plea agreement, DP is off the table if he testifies truthfully.
Trial set to begin on 4/4/22. (3 month trial).
Crime info & court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 11/19/21 reference post #876 here:
GUILTY - OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #66

11/30/21: Sheriff's return on subpoenas served on Sheriff Tracy Evans on 11/24/21 filed. Warrant for removal from Ross County jail on 12/2/21 @ 10am. Private hearing with no public & no media allowed. Motion (Daubert) hearing on 12/22/21 where Judge will make a ruling on: Defendant's Motion #61: Motion in Limine to exclude photos of weapons, shell casings & related items filed 1/22/21. Motion #65: Motion to Compel the production of "other acts evidence pursuant to Evid. Rule 404(B) filed 1/22/21. Concerning Motion #65 the Court finds that on 2/22/21 the State filed a "notice of Intent to use other acts evidence pursuant to 404(B), "listing a number of alleged "other acts of evidence. Motion #73: Motion to Dismiss aggravated murder counts and/or death specifications filed 9/24/21.
12/2/21 Update: No info on “private” hearing, next motions (Daubert) hearing on 12/22/21. 12/14/21: State's memorandum contra defendant's motion #75 to order sheriff to being witness to court filed by Robert Junk. 12/16/21: Subpoena issued to Ryan Scheiderer (BCI agent) filed by attorney Richard Nash. Motion #77: Defendant's renewed Motion to Compel the production of "other acts" evidence pursuant to Evid.R.404(B) filed by attorneys John Parker & Richard Nash. Motion #76: Defendant's Motion in Limine requesting a pretrial evidentiary hearing to determine the admissibility of shoe print evidence & opinions filed by attorneys Parker & Nash. Defendant's memo contra to the prosecution's motion to prevent Edward Wagner's testimony filed by attorneys Parker & Nash.
12/17/21: Decision & Journal entry regarding defendant's Motion #75: the Court finds that defendant's Motion #75 is not well taken; it is therefore ordered that defendant's motion is hereby overruled & denied. This decision shall not constitute a ruling upon the merits of defendant's Motion #73 entitled Motion to Dismiss aggravated murder counts and/or death specifications & the Court's decision upon the defendant's Motion #75 may be reconsidered following a hearing of the oral arguments of the parties upon defendant's Motion #73.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 29) – Plead guilty (4/22/21) to all charges & will testify in the trials. No sentencing date set yet.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 50)Motions hearing on 2/1/22.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 50) – 9/10/21: Plead guilty to a plea deal to Counts 9 thru 22, Counts 1-8 were dismissed. Sentenced to 30 years in prison with no early release & has to testify against others at trial.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 68) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Expected to testify in the trials.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76/now 79) – 6/26/19 Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

Hopefully justice will happen in 2022. May you all have a happy and safe holiday. I truly admire the dedication each and every poster on this thread has put forth to keep this case on the front burner.

Most of you had probably never even heard of Pike County Ohio before these horrendous murders, yet many of you have been here for over five and a half years... to me that says that there is still a lot of good and caring people in this world. Take care my friends.

hugs-big-hug-from-me-to-you.gif

Same back to you Caylee Advocate. You have so much knowledge on this case, some you cannot say. I've struggled at times with a few of your cryptic posts which I've loved.
Have a great and safe Christmas and holiday, and Thank you.

So, today is a day I've been looking forward to for many reasons. I hope we hear something new, something good and something that puts George in his place.

7.47am. I had my first bad news. Sorry it's off topic. My baby boy, aged 32 has this morning tested positive for Covid. Christmas looks like a none event as he's temporarily living at his brothers house, where my darling 2 year old Granddaughter is. Enough of that now.

Roll on 2pm for me and 4pm for Niner and poor Chelly 7am, set that alarm.

So, today is a day I've been looking forward to for many reasons. I hope we hear something new, something good and something that puts George in his place.

7.47am. I had my first bad news. Sorry it's off topic. My baby boy, aged 32 has this morning tested positive for Covid. Christmas looks like a none event as he's temporarily living at his brothers house, where my darling 2 year old Granddaughter is. Enough of that now.

Roll on 2pm for me and 4pm for Niner and poor Chelly 7am, set that alarm.
Good morning all. We are here because we care about the Rhoden family and to bear witness. Sending love and best wishes to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ