GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #67

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio —

A town woke up one morning to the horror that eight people were brutally killed. The Rhoden family suffered an unthinkable loss eight times over on one late April night in 2016. And years would go by before an arrest was made, and the massacre of an entire family still haunts Pike County, Ohio to this day. The murders of the Rhoden family still haunt small Ohio community. On April 22, 2021 Edward Jake Wagner pleads guilty and agrees to testify against family members.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE LINKS *NO DISCUSSION*

Detailed Timeline Post by BettyP

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports
source article

Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread#58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63
Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it be possible that each of the Wagners' DNA samples were in discovery because each one volunteered their DNA during one of their interviews? Maybe each wanted look like they were cooperating with the investigation. Just a thought.

Could it be possible that each of the Wagners' DNA samples were in discovery because each one volunteered their DNA during one of their interviews? Maybe each wanted look like they were cooperating with the investigation. Just a thought.

May 12, 2017---LE conducts searches on the Peterson Road property and Flying W Farms and a car lot where the Wagner's were storing trailers.

May 13, 2017---Angela audio interview
May 16, 2017---Angela audio interview
May 17, 2017--- Jake audio interview

May 18, 2017---DNA LAB

I think the May 2017 DNA comes from evidence. The reason I think this DNA is from evidence is because BCI would have gotten the Wagner's voluntary DNA samples back in 2016 when they were collecting other family member's DNA.

CR (mother of Franklin's oldest son) and the Manleys said their DNA was collected that first day.

Their attorney announced in MSM that they gave DNA samples.

Sheer volume, 31 pages.

I believe, because of Jake's close association to the family that BCI would have asked for his DNA right away. In fact, Jake gave an official Interview to BCI in May 2016 and Billy and Angela gave interviews that fall:

5-13-16 -- Jake interview
9-9-16 -- Billy interview
10-5-16 -- Angela interview

Some items to get DNA from:

Burnt VCR
VCR tapes
DVR
Fake Custody Documents
Box
Lap Top
Computers
Trucks
Trailers
Casings
Bullets
Phones
Guns
Knives
Receipts
Bank Statements
Other Papers
Shoes
Clothes
Gloves
Masks

Opinion Only

Last edited:
Their lawyer in June 2017 said they had provided DNA. That does not make it true though or it could be.
--The attorney for the Wagners says the family has provided laptops, phones and DNA samples to investigators and have agreed to be interviewed.
Lawyer: Family being investigated in Piketon massacre being harrassed | WKRC (local12.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 12, 2017---LE conducts searches on the Peterson Road property and Flying W Farms and a car lot where the Wagner's were storing trailers.

May 13, 2017---Angela audio interview
May 16, 2017---Angela audio interview
May 17, 2017--- Jake audio interview

May 18, 2017---DNA LAB

I think the May 2017 DNA comes from evidence. The reason I think this DNA is from evidence is because BCI would have gotten the Wagner's voluntary DNA samples back in 2016 when they were collecting other family member's DNA.

CR (mother of Franklin's oldest son) and the Manleys said their DNA was collected that first day.

Their attorney announced in MSM that they gave DNA samples.

Sheer volume, 31 pages.

I believe, because of Jake's close association to the family that BCI would have asked for his DNA right away. In fact, Jake gave an official Interview to BCI in May 2016 and Billy and Angela gave interviews that fall:

5-13-16 -- Jake interview
9-9-16 -- Billy interview
10-5-16 -- Angela interview

Some items to get DNA from:

Burnt VCR
VCR tapes
DVR
Fake Custody Documents
Box
Lap Top
Computers
Trucks
Trailers
Casings
Bullets
Phones
Guns
Knives
Receipts
Bank Statements
Other Papers
Shoes
Clothes
Gloves
Masks

Opinion Only

I agree.

@RAISINISBACK said:

I agree.

ME:

Also could be traces of victim DNA. Alot of blood got on the Wagner's clothes in my opinion from number of gun shots, blood on shoes, muzzles touching and almost touching victims, unorganized crime scene at Chris's, witnesses describing blood all over at 2 crime scenes. Probably used luminol during Wagner searches I imagine.

Last edited:
Fractures (plural). Hmm, the full autopsy reports must be horrendous. No wonder they were heavily redacted. :(:mad:

"The autopsy report for Christopher Rhoden, Sr., said he was shot in the head, torso and extremities. The report does not specify if he was shot in the arms or the legs or both. It does indicate fractures to his skull and vertebra, but what that means is not entirely clear."

Ohio official releases redacted autopsy reports in killings

They gave their DNA to the investigators.
"The Cincinnati Enquirer reports attorney John Clark says the Wagner family provided laptops, phones and DNA samples to investigators and agreed to be interviewed about the Rhoden family slayings in Pike County in April 2016."

UPDATE: Ohio Supreme Court rules media can see autopsy reports/photos in Rhoden murder case

Here's an article about GW4's lawyer requesting information re; DNA.
https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/pik...orney-seeks-info-on-dna-evidence-used-in-case

However, G4's dna was probably the least likely to have been at any of the places, prior to the murders, but, it's still possible he could have been there the night of the murders, but left no traces of his DNA.

I think from the outset they would have wanted to get DNA off JW to do paternity on HR new born, and they may have done a paternity test on HR other daughter as I think from the initial investigation they would have learned that HR was a minor when she and JW started their relationship, and that their may have been crimes committed in relation to what happened between her and JW,

I think from the outset they would have wanted to get DNA off JW to do paternity on HR new born, and they may have done a paternity test on HR other daughter as I think from the initial investigation they would have learned that HR was a minor when she and JW started their relationship, and that their may have been crimes committed in relation to what happened between her and JW,

They had to have George's DNA to be able to rule him out.

They have no fingerprints or DNA tying him to the murders but they have bloody footprints that match shoes his own mom says she bought for him.

They have his incriminating statements from surveillance and the lies he told that everything was fine with custody according to Scheiderer.

Apparently the Wagners all stuck to the same story of everything being fine with custody. Then you have everyone else giving the opposite view of the custody.

He admits to buying a mask and night scope and he specifically bought a glock and a glock was used that night.

Angela places him going out that night with Jake and Billy and that they had 3 guns and at least 2 suppressor with them. Angela's information matches Jake's so that means Jake also places George with them that night.

Canepa said that Jake said his family helped him. Helped him do what? Helped him plan and commit 8 murders.

Now Jake getting on the stand explaining to the jury how George helped him will end up getting George convicted of 8 homicides as well as a LWOP sentence. (I think this will happen)

So when Nash tells the jury "George didn't shoot or kill anyone" what happens when the Prosecution asks why he didn't stop it. If George is no killer then why did he support his family of killers?

You can't separate the 2. This isn't oil and water that don't mix, George was plenty mixed in to the family murder plan.

I believe Angie ran the mixer. Now she can mix it up in prison for 27 more years, away from The Wagner Crime Family.

Information comes from Scheiderer and Canepa at George's Bond Hearing, George's Motion #73, and my own opinion.

Last edited:
They had to have George's DNA to be able to rule him out.

They have no fingerprints or DNA tying him to the murders but they have bloody footprints that match shoes his own mom says she bought for him.

They have his incriminating statements from surveillance and the lies he told that everything was fine with custody according to Scheiderer.

Apparently the Wagners all stuck to the same story of everything being fine with custody. Then you have everyone else giving the opposite view of the custody.

He admits to buying a mask and night scope and he specifically bought a glock and a glock was used that night.

Angela places him going out that night with Jake and Billy and that they had 3 guns and at least 2 suppressor with them. Angela's information matches Jake's so that means Jake also places George with them that night.

Canepa said that Jake said his family helped him. Helped him do what? Helped him plan and commit 8 murders.

Now Jake getting on the stand explaining to the jury how George helped him will end up getting George convicted of 8 homicides as well as a LWOP sentence. (I think this will happen)

So when Nash tells the jury "George didn't shoot or kill anyone" what happens when the Prosecution asks why he didn't stop it. If George is no killer then why did he support his family of killers?

You can't separate the 2. This isn't oil and water that don't mix, George was plenty mixed in to the family murder plan.

I believe Angie ran the mixer. Now she can mix it up in prison for 27 more years, away from The Wagner Crime Family.

Information comes from Scheiderer and Canepa at George's Bond Hearing, George's Motion #73, and my own opinion.

The attorneys call the plea deal that Jake Wagner struck “remarkable” when he admitted to personally killing five of the victims and shooting a sixth. Jake Wagner pleaded guilty to eight counts of aggravated murder and all other original charges against him on April 16, the five-year anniversary of the killings.

Even though JW admitted to personally killing five of the victims, and shooting another, he plead guilty to all eight counts of aggravated murder. He purposely played a role in causing the other three deaths. Who murdered the other three? G4 puposely played a role in the deaths of eight people just like JW. He didn't buy that mask for Halloween, nor a Cosplay event.

Pike County Rhoden case: George Wagner IV attorneys say he shot no one

Mod Note:

Some posts and responses to them have been removed.

Personalizing, baiting or chastising fellow members in any way is not tolerated at Webseluths. Members are expected to disagree politely and post respectfully, or their posts will be removed. On going violations will result in continued time outs and/or thread bans.

Focus on the case at hand and not on your fellow Posters. All Posters, whether they have been here for 5 years or 5 days are welcome at Websleuths.

Fractures (plural). Hmm, the full autopsy reports must be horrendous. No wonder they were heavily redacted. :(:mad:

"The autopsy report for Christopher Rhoden, Sr., said he was shot in the head, torso and extremities. The report does not specify if he was shot in the arms or the legs or both. It does indicate fractures to his skull and vertebra, but what that means is not entirely clear."

Ohio official releases redacted autopsy reports in killings
I agree that the vertebrae fractures and the skull fracture(s) could very well be caused by the gunshots; however, it's still a possibility that the vertebrae fractures and/or skull fractures could also be caused by other trauma as well, or a combination of both. I also think IMO there's a possibility there may be many fractures in multiple areas of the body (or bodies) as it's JMO, I feel some of the victims were not only shot but were also beaten and possibly more. But, I don't think any of us know any of these details at this time? And so, end of my discussion regarding fractures. :)

JMO, IMO, etc.

Last edited:
I agree that the vertebrae fractures and the skull fracture(s) could very well be caused by the gunshots; however, it's still a possibility that the vertebrae fractures and/or skull fractures could also be caused by other trauma as well, or a combination of both. I also think IMO there's a possibility there may be many fractures in multiple areas of the body (or bodies) as it's JMO, I feel some of the victims were not only shot but were also beaten and possibly more. But, I don't think any of us know any of these details at this time? And so, end of my discussion regarding fractures. :)

JMO, IMO, etc.

We may never know how they occurred and I am cool with that. We all have thoughts, mine was they were caused by stomping, but I can also see them being from gunshots. Yep, there is no sense in having a circular debate over it so I'm moving on. ;)

Even though JW admitted to personally killing five of the victims, and shooting another, he plead guilty to all eight counts of aggravated murder. He purposely played a role in causing the other three deaths. Who murdered the other three? G4 puposely played a role in the deaths of eight people just like JW. He didn't buy that mask for Halloween, nor a Cosplay event.

Pike County Rhoden case: George Wagner IV attorneys say he shot no one
I think GW4 wants a similar deal to AW or no deal and he will go to trial, she IMO and I think the state agrees with me was the instigator, without her I doubt their would have been any murders, but she got 30 years, she will likely die in jail but she must think getting 30 years was better than LWOP or DP as she not only threw her son and husband under the bus but drove over them with all her information especially about GW3 and all his other crimes,

so GW4 may think if they gave AW that deal if I can get in that ballpark I may get out one day, I don't think he has anything to offer the state except not having to have a trial and pleading guilty, what they would give him for that I am not sure, but I think the victims family are not wishing to have to endure a trial so GW4 may plead,

I hope he and his father do, the time the victims and their family have had to wait, the endless court appearances, not being able to sit with their grief but everyday waiting to hear for more court dates, more horrific things to be revealed in court and it must seem endless,

I don't know if Billy will ever plead guilty, I hope I am wrong

I think GW4 wants a similar deal to AW or no deal and he will go to trial, she IMO and I think the state agrees with me was the instigator, without her I doubt their would have been any murders, but she got 30 years, she will likely die in jail but she must think getting 30 years was better than LWOP or DP as she not only threw her son and husband under the bus but drove over them with all her information especially about GW3 and all his other crimes,

so GW4 may think if they gave AW that deal if I can get in that ballpark I may get out one day, I don't think he has anything to offer the state except not having to have a trial and pleading guilty, what they would give him for that I am not sure, but I think the victims family are not wishing to have to endure a trial so GW4 may plead,

I hope he and his father do, the time the victims and their family have had to wait, the endless court appearances, not being able to sit with their grief but everyday waiting to hear for more court dates, more horrific things to be revealed in court and it must seem endless,

I agree with you Joe, I think GW believes he should not have to serve time and he wants a short sentence or none so he can be with his son. I wish he had taken that into consideration before agreeing to participate in the murders, but as they say "he made his bed".

I agree Angie was the instigator. Even manipulated her brother and mother from jail, getting Jake on a 3-way call and telling her mother buzz words and not to testify against them. FROM JAIL with a no-contact order.

Grandmother charged with forging custody documents in Pike Co. massacre returns to court

Angela Wagner is the suspected mastermind of the Rhoden/Gilley murders. Prosecutors have said the Wagners were "obsessed" with custody and control of children (namely Wagner's granddaughter, Hanna Rhoden's daughter)

I think it's underestimated how much of a green light Angie gave to these homicides.

According to Canepa Angie was hacked into and spying on Hanna's and Patricia's (George's ex MIL) Facebook private messages.

She took many screen shots and showed Jake the screenshot of the pivotal conversation where Hanna told Patricia she would never sign anything, they would have to kill her first.

It was only 4 months later that Hanna was shot.

I believe Angie used this Facebook message to confront Jake, like "what are you going to do about it?" I believe she pushed him hard to get custody.

Angie was so close to Jake she controlled him and could have kept him from shooting anyone.

She was an extremely controlling mother with him who kept him isolated with home schooling, encouraged him to always live with her even when having his own family, shared bank accounts with him meaning he was supporting her financially, had the family voting on his personal matters, and so forth.

Thus, she was the linchpin in his life the most important person with the most influence. She could have showed him that Facebook message and told him she would help to work things out between he and Hanna.

She could have invited Chris and Dana over for a meal or coffee, made the peace etc...

But nope, she set the whole family on the course she wanted. She wanted a certain life and nobody would stand in her way, not even her own mother who she almost took to prison with her.

Rhoden Family Member:

"I see a woman with no sympathy, no remorse," she said, commenting on the sentence. "She's getting 30 years more than what our family gets,"
Angela Wagner pleads guilty in Rhoden family murder case

Opinion and Information from Scheiderer and Canepa at George's Bond Hearing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member