GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
George Wagner iv went with his family that night of the murders, GW4 was there on Union Hill that night to help out if the victims was getting the best of his family, GW4 was there to take the Rhodens and Gilley out, GW4 was crowd control for his father and brother, IMO.
George Wagner iv helped kill the victims without firing a shot, he helped get phones, watch out to make sure the Wagners where not seen, get the cameras and someone put the cellphone jammer out at each murder scene, JMO
IMO George Wagner iv deserves Life Without Parole!

I think GW4 wants a similar deal to AW or no deal and he will go to trial, she IMO and I think the state agrees with me was the instigator, without her I doubt their would have been any murders, but she got 30 years, she will likely die in jail but she must think getting 30 years was better than LWOP or DP as she not only threw her son and husband under the bus but drove over them with all her information especially about GW3 and all his other crimes,

so GW4 may think if they gave AW that deal if I can get in that ballpark I may get out one day, I don't think he has anything to offer the state except not having to have a trial and pleading guilty, what they would give him for that I am not sure, but I think the victims family are not wishing to have to endure a trial so GW4 may plead,

I hope he and his father do, the time the victims and their family have had to wait, the endless court appearances, not being able to sit with their grief but everyday waiting to hear for more court dates, more horrific things to be revealed in court and it must seem endless,

I don't know if Billy will ever plead guilty, I hope I am wrong

BBM I don't think that GW4 will be offered the same deal, nor GW3. AW had all counts of aggravated murder dropped. This tells me that either the prosecuter did not have sufficient evidence to be sure that she'd be convicted of the murders, at a jury trial, or JW has spilled all of it to them, and she did not murder anyone. They did however have enough evidence of her other charges to put her away until she's around 80 years old, or she dies in prison, whichever comes first. I'm thinking the latter, prison is hard., but she might do okay. I've wondered if prison is at least better for her though, than living with G3.

They've got the two pleas. The only plea that could be beneficial, is G3 and G4 telling their truths, to see if it meshes with what they already know, between JW and AW, or if for no other reason than cost. It would be interesting to see if their stories all matched, with each other, as well as the evidence.

JW has already agreed to a plea, that takes the DP off the table for all of them. If for some reason his plea falls through, and a jury gives them death, each one's case will be appealed for as long and as many times as the DP terms allow (even more $$$$ that the county cannot afford, and so much more stress on the R&G families and it is not necessary).

They must have thought that they were so tough, they were invincible. Delusions of grandeur.
I'm afraid BW's ego, his feeling he is so tough and invincible, will prevent him from changing his plea and accepting any responsibility for his actions. I sincerely hope common sense will take over at some point and he will accept the fact that his wife and son testifying against him will put him in prison for the rest of his life, thus moving him forward with changing his plea to guilty and not going to trial. But, you know the old saying...wish in one hand.... JMO

I'm afraid BW's ego, his feeling he is so tough and invincible, will prevent him from changing his plea and accepting any responsibility for his actions. I sincerely hope common sense will take over at some point and he will accept the fact that his wife and son testifying against him will put him in prison for the rest of his life, thus moving him forward with changing his plea to guilty and not going to trial. But, you know the old saying...wish in one hand.... JMO

I think Billy's mother will counsel against him taking a plea deal unless it is for a very low amount behind bars. I wouldn't doubt that type of plea has been looked into already for both B & G.

To no avail. I think most defendants would have tossed in the towel by now. Nope.

Billly, as you say, has ego. And as you say, is feeling so tough and invincible that I think 3 years of incarceration probably just makes him madder.

Ditto for the son. Chip off the ole block.

George is his father's son. Jake is his mother's son. As the saying goes - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
apple-hitting-newtons-head-animation.gif

If Gravity Exists

Last edited:
I think Billy's mother will counsel against him taking a plea deal unless it is for a very low amount behind bars. I wouldn't doubt that type of plea has been looked into already for both B & G.

To no avail. I think most defendants would have tossed in the towel by now. Nope.

Billly, as you say, has ego. And as you say, is feeling so tough and invincible that I think 3 years of incarceration probably just makes him madder.

Ditto for the son. Chip off the ole block.

George is his father's son. Jake is his mother's son. As the saying goes - the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
apple-hitting-newtons-head-animation.gif

If Gravity Exists
It’s has been 8 months from when Jake Wagner told everything that happened the night of the murders to the prosecution attorneys and we don’t if he told the truth or not but now Angela Wagner has took a plea deal and told her story, it must have matched Jakes if not she wouldn’t have got a plea deal, now George Wagner iv is trying to get out of what happened that night of the murders by saying I didn’t kill nobody, him and his dad needs the death penalty if they want to play games with the court system, JMO

Pleas may have been offered to all of them, and now that they've got what they need from AW and JW, they don't need the other two to plea. The trials may not even be that long with the testimony from AW and JW, and if JW testifies honestly, G3 & G4 will get LWOP. No years of DP appeals to drag the family through for years, no cost to the county for repeated appeals. Just LWOP and in Ohio law, anyone serving a life without parole sentence does not have the right to appeal it.

Pleas may have been offered to all of them, and now that they've got what they need from AW and JW, they don't need the other two to plea. The trials may not even be that long with the testimony from AW and JW, and if JW testifies honestly, G3 & G4 will get LWOP. No years of DP appeals to drag the family through for years, no cost to the county for repeated appeals. Just LWOP and in Ohio law, anyone serving a life without parole sentence does not have the right to appeal it.

The sentence of life without parole spikes in Ohio as death-penalty cases drop

One of the fastest-growing trends in the Ohio judicial system is the sentence of life in prison without parole, adding momentum to a move away from the death penalty.
HEO7F6ATCFHN3AULOJGK5PK6KE.jpg

The number of inmates sentenced to life without parole in Ohio has jumped 150 percent since 2010, while the number of indictments filed with death-penalty specifications has dropped dramatically in that time.

In part, Ohio county prosecutors say they have moved away from the death penalty because of costs, which can reach $3 million for one case because of years of trial public defender fees, incarceration, expert reports, and the state and federal appeals process.

The financial strain is more than many smaller counties can handle. In the case of the slayings of eight family members in Pike County, the Ohio Attorney General’s office allocated $1.1 million to take four people to trial on charges that could result in the death penalty.
5bc7db70-98f9-4c56-9539-487321e2c564-large16x9_wagners.JPG

The four — Billy Wagner, his wife Angela and their sons George and Jake — are being held in jail pending their trials. Their cases are not expected to go to trial until late this year or next. The victims, eight members of the Rhoden family, were killed in 2016.

Last edited:

I have my doubts that BW will see common sense, I wish he would. Day after day locked up you'd think he'd see sense. We can only wait and see which way he goes.

I don't know the old saying...wish in one hand.... so I Googled......wish I hadn't....too late now :eek:

I have my doubts that BW will see common sense, I wish he would. Day after day locked up you'd think he'd see sense. We can only wait and see which way he goes.

I don't know the old saying...wish in one hand.... so I Googled......wish I hadn't....too late now :eek:
LOL, sorry about that. It's a pretty common saying in my neck of the woods:oops:

c

I cannot imagine any kind of defense that they could try to use for him and they probably cannot imagine one either, but that is their job I guess.

Any scoop on why George IV had a private hearing? A 3rd Wagner plea would be an amazing Christmas gift!

Even the media was kept away from that closed door hearing. Look for changes on the docket. On the docket George has a Hearing on the 22nd of this month with possibility of Jake testifying at the hearing. Just possibility because we don't know if the judge will grant this Motion #75.

George:

12/22/2021
09:00 AM MOTION HEARING

MOTION #75
MOTION TO ORDER THE PIKE COUNTY SHERIFF, TRACY D EVANS, TO TRANSPORT EDWARD JACOB WAGNER TO THIS COURT FOR A MOTION HEARING SET AT:

9:00AM ON DECEMBER 22, 2021

Last edited:
Any scoop on why George IV had a private hearing? A 3rd Wagner plea would be an amazing Christmas gift!

I wonder if it was a meeting there to try to hammer out a plea deal or he gave his proffer. Maybe due to logistics for some attorneys involved they needed to meet in Pike county. The defense has not filed for the Daubert hearing yet that they said they were going ot do before Dec 22. They still have time to but if no other things are filed it could be a sign.

I think the Hearing on the 22nd will be to argue George's Motion #73

Could be Nash wants Jake to testify about this:

From 2nd page of Motion #73

Recently provided Discovery makes it clear that GWW IV did NOT shoot and kill any of the victims. Yet the State insists on proceeding with this case a capital case unless and until Jake Wagner testifies for the State to its satisfaction.

Thus, the State seeks to hold the death penalty over the head of George Wagner who did not kill anybody while it has struck a remarkable plea bargain with the actual killer of at least 5 victims who also shot a sixth victim.

The Bill of Particulars filed July 18, 2019, states with respect to the Aggravated Murder counts (1-8) that GWW IV shot each victim named personally. See paragraph 2 of counts 1-8, Bill of Particulars.

It is now clear that such a claim is factually false and untrue. GWW IV shot nobody. The State knows the Bill of Particulars is false and that George Wagner shot nobody

Perhaps Nash wants to see what Jake has to say about George's overall/exact involvement and see how the prosecution responds to that. A heads up for trial in 4 months.

Motion #73 is Mod approved - been linked a few times.

Last edited:
I wonder if it was a meeting there to try to hammer out a plea deal or he gave his proffer. Maybe due to logistics for some attorneys involved they needed to meet in Pike county. The defense has not filed for the Daubert hearing yet that they said they were going ot do before Dec 22. They still have time to but if no other things are filed it could be a sign.
I could be wrong but I thought the at the last hearing the judge said they would be meeting somewhere before the daubert hearing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie