ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the media and KG's father, they do see connections between BK and KG. It is mentioned in this video from ABC7,

(I hope I did the link right, I'm still trying to figure out this website.)
Let’s hope he’s not ultimately referencing the fake Instagram account (the one following Maddie and Kaylee) that news stations and super duper sleuths keep referring to and legitimizing over and over and over again.

I am confused about the location of the white Hyundai Elantra: This is my understanding so far:
1) there was cctv video of a white car traveling westbound on Taylor Avenue that passed the security camera on the building located on Linda Lane between 0245-0315.
2) there was a white car driving westbound on Taylor Ave.that showed up on the Moscow PD bodycam footage of the underage drinkers.
Are these cars one and the same? Was the car deemed a Hyundai Elantra? It was my understanding that LE stated that this car on Taylor Ave was not the one they were interested in. So…
3) there was a white car seen on cctv cameras at a gas station located east of the crime scene traveling westbound at approximately 0345. Was this white car confirmed to be a Hyundai Elantra? If so, was this the same car that was seen on the Linda Lane footage 45 minutes earlier? Or…
4) Do we just need to know that a White Hyundai Elantra 2011-2013 was in the vicinity of the crime scene generally speaking?

I can’t reconcile the timeline of the Hyundai Elantra as this turned out to be a very big clue in this case. If anyone can clear this up for me that would be great.

Them calling he pots and pans thing a food fetish is outright ridiculous. Is maintain a kosher kitchen a “food fetish” too? Or keeping a kitchen peanut free because of allergy? Halal?

Hardcore vegans treat it like a religion. Nothing wrong with that.
Moo...its ok..he did not get stabby..cause he went vegan...he got different issues. ..moo

I’m a professor (not in criminology but in sociology) but I also work in research ethics, and my mouth hit the floor reading his survey questions, posted back in thread #40.

I don’t know how this survey made it through ethical review. It’s just phrased very ‘oddly’, more as someone looking for advice or gory details rather than data, if that makes sense. The questions are really leading in a strange way. At my university, something like this would definitely not have been approved, especially for a student in their first year of a PhD with very little training, as it’s very ethically borderline.

Where I work, we have specific training in how to identify students who may be a risk to themselves or others. This is usually in relation to terrorism or cults, but I can’t imagine his research advisers didn’t notice something that they thought should be flagged up, but didn’t act quick enough in this first semester.

I know this guy has a Hyundai Elantra. Where was he located on the night of the murders?

I know this guy has a Hyundai Elantra. Where was he located on the night of the murders?
The allegation is he was doing the murdering.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. My understanding is that the police haven't really been providing 'confirmed' info to the public - though we should know some more facts, next week.

I’m a professor (not in criminology but in sociology) but I also work in research ethics, and my mouth hit the floor reading his survey questions, posted back in thread #40.

I don’t know how this survey made it through ethical review. It’s just phrased very ‘oddly’, more as someone looking for advice or gory details rather than data, if that makes sense. The questions are really leading in a strange way. At my university, something like this would definitely not have been approved, especially for a student in their first year of a PhD with very little training, as it’s very ethically borderline.

Where I work, we have specific training in how to identify students who may be a risk to themselves or others. This is usually in relation to terrorism or cults, but I can’t imagine his research advisers didn’t notice something that they thought should be flagged up, but didn’t act quick enough in this first semester.
Yeah, the questions in his survey would not have been ethically approved at my university either. Not a chance. Even the way the questions are phrased are almost leading the participant to give the answers that he wants imo, perhaps to confirm a preconceived notion/thoughts he has.

I'm 2 threads behind and i want to read everything but just wanted to say from watching the press conference just now, I get the impression that cheif fry wants to talk and is actually looking forward to finally being able to say what evidence they have and just how they got him, this is a tiny police department and really probably was unequipped to deal with this massive murder case so props to them because within 2 months they've got a suspect, with no leaks and no tip off. I know they were working with other departments but it is MPD that was the lead on this. Its clear from the way he and Bill Thompson spoke that they want everyone to know what evidence they have its just that their hands are tied at the moment. I think they're proud of how they got him and when they can finally reveal the details that they've been holding close to the vest I think they'll sigh relief.

Eileen Cesaretti, who lives across street, said she loves Kohberger's parents and is fond of their son. She said he helped her and her husband around their house when he was home from school.

"I don't think he's capable of doing something like this. I pray to God he's innocent," Cesaretti said.

I think all we know at this point was the car was seen near the house around the time of the murders. I'm curious where he parked and if it was near the arboretum.

I think finding out the timeline of his activities before and after the murders is probably something investigators are trying to piece together. I'm sure they'll have plenty of people to interview who knew him.

He could have spent a few days hunting for victims or planned this well in advance. He studied and did his research on criminology, after all.

He may have fantasized about committing a crime like this for years.

Them calling he pots and pans thing a food fetish is outright ridiculous. Is maintain a kosher kitchen a “food fetish” too? Or keeping a kitchen peanut free because of allergy? Halal?

Hardcore vegans treat it like a religion. Nothing wrong with that.
I see your point, but it sounds like he was staying at his aunt and uncle's as a guest; therefore, if he wants to adhere to specific, stringent beliefs, he should bring his own special pots and pans, and cook his own vegan food. It sounds like he threatened to not eat there unless they bought new pans-- that is a rude guest, IMO.

Moo. Is incel really a thing? Like as in a cult or a community cause there would be women involved for sure. The dude is not an incel

Good catch back in November on the Pullman possibility.

I don't understand how driving from Pullman to Moscow would be a "thrill." If you wanted a thrill kill, you wouldn't go next door. Moscow and Pullman operate as one community if you live there. It would be like going to Target if you usually go to WalMart for the "thrill."

Also, it baffles my mind that a CrimJ PhD student would decide to drive 8 miles to murder someone in a state that has the death penalty, from a state that has a moratorium on the death penalty. Of course he would know that. That's why I am thinking this WAS targeted toward someone in that house. If it wasn't he would have killed somewhere in WA instead.
The last paragraph of your post just nailed it to me. I agree with you that he must have known one or more victims personally, the way the killings were carried out and the choice of weapon point towards personal element, not random killings. He may was not an active member of victim(s) social circle(s), but for some reasons he felt connected with those victims. The death penalty comment you made, just made it complete. He miscalculated at least on 3 occasions, for what we know, but hardly on this one.

I also think that he opted that particular night to kill because K was back at Moscow ID only for the weekend and was about to go back to her parents'

Curious what people's opinions are about LE using familial genealogy data to find/arrest suspects.
(As has been mentioned in previously linked articles)
My opinion on genealogy website usage in murder crimes is that generally speaking they can be a great tool for LE to use in various murder, rapes, and other types of crime.

Why? Some killers have never had a criminal record and thus most likely would not have their DNA on file in a DNA database to match to any crime scene. However, the criminal could have a parent, sister, cousin, nephew, brother, uncle, aunt, etc etc. somewhere in the family tree who has used a genealogy website like 23 and me, GEDMatch, ancestry.com etc. Where then they can match DNA at a crime scene to a family member’s DNA in one of those genealogy databases then work their way through the family tree to hone in on the exact person in the family tree to match the DNA to.

Was that was used in this case? It Hasn’t been 100% confirmed yet to my knowledge. Although I’ve seen an interview where someone stated that genealogy helped solve this case and You and a few others on this form posted an article and or articles stating the same.

But I am sure if they did take the genealogy Avenue we will find out for sure in the coming days and or weeks to come.

With that said it would not surprise me at all if they solved the case with help from genealogy websites

Last edited:
Curious what people's opinions are about LE using familial genealogy data to find/arrest suspects.
(As has been mentioned in previously linked articles)
I'm leery of "unnamed sources" and will wait until somebody puts their name behind this evidence. Until then -- it's just rumor/speculation. JMO

Man, this all lines up with my theory all along. I have a six-month age difference with BK and am also in the academic world. Things that are fairly common in this age=group/sphere: mental illness, drug abuse, loneliness, isolation, sleep deprivation, inflated egos, narc tendencies. With a list like that, it's almost impossible to avoid it all in some form or fashion. Granted, I am not a traditional on-campus-full-time student and am in a different (but related) field, so all of the above is just my own personal experience and may not apply here.

Just my first thoughts, all MOO and theorized based on my personal experience working in a criminal court setting, it was probably fairly easy to narrow it down to him once they had the car, between local DMV records or the university parking pass records. They may have even had the license plate the entire time, but they didn't want to tip him off. Once they got DNA testing back, they were able to get their probable cause in order. By not identifying the car directly, and maintaining they had no suspects, they got the tips they wanted while also not revealing their hand. There may have been concern among LE that he would be a suicide risk should he think they were hot on his tail. In which case, LE did a masterful job.

They may have even been monitoring him longer than the few days that is being reported. They were also contending with court closings through weekends and two holidays. From my experience, even on higher profile cases, the holidays slow everything down regardless of if police are working as hard as they can straight through.

If anyone is curious, here is the relevant statute for the Burglary charge:
"18-1401. BURGLARY DEFINED. Every person who enters any house, room, apartment, tenement, store, shop, warehouse, mill, barn, stable, outhouse, or a building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane, or railroad car with intent to commit any theft or any felony is guilty of burglary."
It appears that Idaho doesn't have a separate "breaking and entering" or "forced entry" charge. Some states have a separate charge, but others absorb it into their burglary charge when forced entry happened simultaneously with the commission of a felony. From my quick analysis of the Idaho statutes, the rolled together charge is consistent with what Idaho does. They do have a separate trespassing charge, but the key difference is that the Burglary charge is triggered by the intent to commit a felony. So, we still can't deduce whether he broke in or if he at some point had an open invitation into the "party" house. I think that will tell us a lot about his relationship to Xana, Ethan, Maddie, and Kaylee.

I think all we know at this point was the car was seen near the house around the time of the murders. I'm curious where he parked and if it was near the arboretum.

I think finding out the timeline of his activities before and after the murders is probably something investigators are trying to piece together. I'm sure they'll have plenty of people to interview who knew him.

He could have spent a few days hunting for victims or planned this well in advance. He studied and did his research on criminology, after all.

He may have fantasized about committing a crime like this for years.
I wonder whether he filmed it and attempted to sell the footage?

As I said. You can be a genius and strive to commit the perfect murder, and it’s impossible. I couldn’t, and I’ve followed this stuff for decades.

Love this quote:

'I suspect that Kohberger was well aware of his dark nature and homicidal ideation and endeavored to discover more about himself through his studies,' said Enzo Yaksic, a criminal profiler and founder of the Atypical Homicide Research Group in Boston, in an email to DailyMail.com.

'But pursuing an advanced degree to become a better murderer is a foolhardy exercise,' he added, 'as nothing more is learned about such tactics and strategies than can be found on a popular podcast or true crime book.

'If Kohberger is an aspiring serial murderer who desired to commit the perfect murder, he quickly learned what many have discovered in the modern-age: it is far more difficult to get away with serial killing today than when Ted Bundy was active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet