Silver Alert OK - Grady Benson, 69, not at home, all vehicles are at home & wallet, keys & phone in PU trk, Randlett, 9 Nov 2022

From the initial report It seemed like he never made it into the house with his wallet, keys and such still in the truck and his attention was drawn to something, someone or somewhere else. Now new boots in the house with socks laid across the top but just maybe had been there just went unnoticed by family before. I have my going out boot's and work boot's as well and have the habit of leaving my good socks next to them. Living out in areas such as that can have pond's, creek's and so on that can conceal a body if a slip and fall had taken place. Everything is for the most part in place except him and the odd location of the wallet and keys, things a touch off here for sure.

<modsnip>And given the fenced, gated & probably locked up nature of their home & close surrounding property, <modsnip>

More surveillance needs to be added if his wife is staying there alone.

BB's disappearance is very odd & out of character. Did he come upon someone trying to steal something from the property? Had he supported someone in a legal matter & became a target?

Trespassers in Texas where I live often find themselves looking at the barrel of a gun!

"It is settled in Oklahoma that an individual may resist a trespass upon real property in his possession, and may eject the trespasser by use of any reasonable force. So long as the trespasser does not commit or attempt a felony, force is reasonable only where it does not take or endanger human life."

JMO
and water sources well within walking distance, just a hunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
WingsOverTX
I agree that's the correct property - the police posted
pictures of their presence whilst at the property, the
front of the house with it's roof line did match what
you see of that properties house roof from the aerial
picture.
To get back into TX, a kidnapper would drive either
east or west on U.S. Route 70, or east on U.S. Route
70 and south on Interstate 44. If the latter, there was
a TX DPS facility, a gun range and various farming
related warehouse sized businesses along the I-44 in
TX that could have potentially caught video of the
kidnappers SUV - not suggesting the number plate
could be seen, rather the general shape of the vehicle,
the rear lights arrangement, things like that that could
have been useful in reducing the possibilities as to what
make/model the SUV was. Too late now , however.
I hope the son has a think about whether they passed
any SUV's moving or parked on the side of the road
(say on road N2550) on the drive to the house.
---
<modsnip>

WingsOverTX
picture.
---

<modsnip>
I haven't seen those pics of the police at the house. Do you have a source that can be shared here?

The video at this link shows some video of the property.
I know the property I posted earlier look like the proper one, but I've been trying to look at the video and place which direction we are looking at the property from. The dirt road they are on when they shoot the property from a bit of a distance could be the main road (E1970 Road), but then the driveway doesn't look long enough, and the power posts are on the wrong side. Maybe I'm just not seeing things correctly or maybe the video is flipped? I don't know. MOO

WingsOverTX
picture.
---

<modsnip>
Do you happen to have a source for the SUV? This is the first I have seen of a vehicle being associated.

Do you happen to have a source for the SUV? This is the first I have seen of a vehicle being associated.
I do not think the sighting of an SUV is accurate. I checked OSBI's info again & didn't see that. I'm open to correction, though.

It appears to be a scenario proposed by the OP.

It was after dark when his son came over to air up some tires. That darkness adds an important element to this case. I don't find BB wandering off for whatever reason as plausible as abduction.

My opinion only

@WingsOverTX
I saw the picture like a month ago, maybe if you have
Facebook you could look back through the posts on
the Cotton County Sheriffs Facebook, to see if it was there.
AS it stands ATM, it looks like I was wrong in agreeing
with Canadianmom2three because there's another section
of road E1970 waaay off to the east (in our current time
at least, the section of road that should directly join the
two E1970's does not exist ), anyway the property that
Grady Benson (Senior), 69, is talked about as having gone
missing from, in that video that Canadianmom2three has
recently cited, is actually here;
I won't cite them, but pictures findable in realtors sites
for the house at 262118 E 1970 Rd Randlett do match
the house at 34°09'31.6"N 98°18'41.5"W · Temple, OK
and we known Grady Benson Senior is recorded as living
at address 262118 E 1970 Rd Randlett according to
publically viewable voter records, e.g.;

--------
It's confusing, because the property at;
in December 2022 and still as at this post time, has a
pin in Google maps dropped about 450 metres west
along E1970 that states 'Benson Farms #1' (is this simply
incorrect or do they just own multiple properties?).

Last edited:
@WingsOverTX

--------
I don't think I've been looking at the right property. The gated home & outbuildings near the Love's through me off (address listed in Whitepages).

I can't find any link you shared that actually shows the house seen in the OSBI video.

Early in this thread someone did find multiple properties owned by the Bensons.

Can you add some screenshots? I'd like to see how isolated his home is, whether it's fenced & gated, etc.

@WingsOverTX

--------

ahhhh this is confusing and I think you are right on the first property you linked here! This is why I couldn't get the video to line up with the property I thought it was, but I was wrong. Thank you for all this info!!!

MOO

Sixty-nine-year-old farmer Bruce Benson was last seen by his only child, Grady Benson, on November 9, 2022, on his property in Randlett, Oklahoma. Grady, who often works on his parents’ property, told Dateline that his dad had brought dinner out to him in the field he was working in that night. From there, Grady says, his father headed back home, after telling him that he wasn’t feeling his best and might not be out to work in the fields the next day. Grady said his father, in fact, did not come to the fields the next day, but he didn’t think anything of it since he’d said he might not.

Bruce’s wife, Maxine Benson, had been away on a trip with some girlfriends that week. She had been trying to contact her husband of 50 years, but he wasn’t answering the phone. She told Dateline her husband wasn’t much of a texter, but wondered why he hadn’t at least been answering her calls.

On November 11, when Maxine still couldn’t get in contact with her husband, she thought maybe she just had bad reception. “I called Grady and I said, ‘Go check on your daddy. He hasn’t answered his phone,” she said.

“My mom had called me and said that she hadn’t talked to him the day before. And, yeah, that was really odd,” Grady told Dateline. He thought maybe there was an issue with his dad’s phone, so he headed over to check. When he went in the house he saw a new pair of boots his father had bought next to the chair he always sat on, with a pair of socks laid on top of them. But Bruce Benson was nowhere to be found. Grady told his mother he would come back to check again after lunch. When he went back, still nothing. “When I realized he wasn’t at his house, you know, that’s when I went to kinda panicking,” Grady recalled.

Sixty-nine-year-old farmer Bruce Benson was last seen by his only child, Grady Benson, on November 9, 2022, on his property in Randlett, Oklahoma. Grady, who often works on his parents’ property, told Dateline that his dad had brought dinner out to him in the field he was working in that night. From there, Grady says, his father headed back home, after telling him that he wasn’t feeling his best and might not be out to work in the fields the next day. Grady said his father, in fact, did not come to the fields the next day, but he didn’t think anything of it since he’d said he might not.

Bruce’s wife, Maxine Benson, had been away on a trip with some girlfriends that week. She had been trying to contact her husband of 50 years, but he wasn’t answering the phone. She told Dateline her husband wasn’t much of a texter, but wondered why he hadn’t at least been answering her calls.

On November 11, when Maxine still couldn’t get in contact with her husband, she thought maybe she just had bad reception. “I called Grady and I said, ‘Go check on your daddy. He hasn’t answered his phone,” she said.

“My mom had called me and said that she hadn’t talked to him the day before. And, yeah, that was really odd,” Grady told Dateline. He thought maybe there was an issue with his dad’s phone, so he headed over to check. When he went in the house he saw a new pair of boots his father had bought next to the chair he always sat on, with a pair of socks laid on top of them. But Bruce Benson was nowhere to be found. Grady told his mother he would come back to check again after lunch. When he went back, still nothing. “When I realized he wasn’t at his house, you know, that’s when I went to kinda panicking,” Grady recalled.
I would have hoped that since his phone had been left behind that there would be forensics indicating a route BB might have traveled before his phone returned home.
"She doesn’t believe Bruce even entered the house after leaving dinner with their son on the 9th."
By all accounts BB didn't seem to have any enemies that we know of. His wife says she has talked to a psychic. I wonder what she was told.

This is one VERY ODD disappearance! His home is isolated (not in a neighborhood) & surrounded by open fields on flat terrain.

The only thing I'm seeing as a new red flag is no one was searching for him from 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2022 until Friday the 11th when he was reported missing to the sheriff. Until now, I thought he had been reported missing the next day.

Since the pie was left untouched, maybe something happened the first night?
MOO

REWARD
Per the article:
There is a $25,000 reward being offered by the family for information that leads to Bruce’s whereabouts.

If you have any information about Bruce’s disappearance, please contact the Cotton County Sheriff’s Office at (580) 875-3383, or the OSBI at (800) 522-8017 or email them at tips.obsi.ok.gov.

This is one VERY ODD disappearance! His home is isolated (not in a neighborhood) & surrounded by open fields on flat terrain.

The only thing I'm seeing as a new red flag is no one was searching for him from 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2022 until Friday the 11th when he was reported missing to the sheriff. Until now, I thought he had been reported missing the next day.

Since the pie was left untouched, maybe something happened the first night?
MOO

REWARD
Per the article:
There is a $25,000 reward being offered by the family for information that leads to Bruce’s whereabouts.

If you have any information about Bruce’s disappearance, please contact the Cotton County Sheriff’s Office at (580) 875-3383, or the OSBI at (800) 522-8017 or email them at tips.obsi.ok.gov.

I agree with this post. I know cameras are at the house now, but I guessing they didn't have any on site at the time Grady (Bruce) goes missing. I always though it was the next day as well, not that one whole day passes with no one looking for him. That takes me back to one of the first things that seemed 'off' to me. The comment that his son said his dad said to him the night of the 9th felt fishy or that something was up with that.

Quoting from this article:

Family of missing 69-year-old Oklahoma man pleads for help

"“I circled around, he was standing by his pickup, and the garage was open,” Grady said. “He said, ‘I might not stick my head out tomorrow, I’ve got a little bit of a cough, but don’t think anything of it.’ I said, ‘Okay, but still, I’ll see you tomorrow.’ And whenever I drove out, that was the last time I seen him.”

Above BBM - it is almost like he is giving himself time for something before anyone feels alerted about not seeing him? Which also leads me to wonder about any possible scenarios that could come up about the above bolded statement.

MOO

I agree with this post. I know cameras are at the house now, but I guessing they didn't have any on site at the time Grady (Bruce) goes missing. I always though it was the next day as well, not that one whole day passes with no one looking for him. That takes me back to one of the first things that seemed 'off' to me. The comment that his son said his dad said to him the night of the 9th felt fishy or that something was up with that.

Quoting from this article:

Family of missing 69-year-old Oklahoma man pleads for help

"“I circled around, he was standing by his pickup, and the garage was open,” Grady said. “He said, ‘I might not stick my head out tomorrow, I’ve got a little bit of a cough, but don’t think anything of it.’ I said, ‘Okay, but still, I’ll see you tomorrow.’ And whenever I drove out, that was the last time I seen him.”

Above BBM - it is almost like he is giving himself time for something before anyone feels alerted about not seeing him? Which also leads me to wonder about any possible scenarios that could come up about the above bolded statement.

MOO
I have felt the same thing since the beginning. It still feels wrong. Couple that with the wife stating that she does not believe Grady (Bruce) even entered the home after dropping off dinner to his son on the 9th. I don't like what my gut tells me. MOO

The Charley Project is highlighting the Dateline story on their Facebook page:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5
Back