Silver Alert OK - Grady Benson, 69, not at home, all vehicles are at home & wallet, keys & phone in PU trk, Randlett, 9 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A couple of people have mentioned the possibility of self harm. That is a distinct possibility as the most likely segment of the population to complete suicide are white males over 60, many of which have chronic or terminal health problems. I hope that he somehow just had some sort of dissociative event and walked away and will be found safe soon, but deep down I do not feel that will be the case.

A couple of people have mentioned the possibility of self harm. That is a distinct possibility as the most likely segment of the population to complete suicide are white males over 60, many of which have chronic or terminal health problems. I hope that he somehow just had some sort of dissociative event and walked away and will be found safe soon, but deep down I do not feel that will be the case.
I fear you are correct.

Definitely has to be considered. Not convinced it is very plausible in his particular case but we don't know if there were unknown problems in his life, financial or otherwise.

His wife said no health problems in a story shared in a recent post here: All he had with him, she believes, was his pocketknife, some chapstick and her second fob for her vehicle keys.
Maxine Benson doesn’t know what her husband’s fate could be. He’s lived his whole in that area of Cotton County, she said. With no health problems — “He doesn’t take anything” — she said, it doesn’t mean a health issue may not have sent him on foot seeking help. “He’s lived in this area all of his life within a mile,” she said.

LONG SHOT: After researching the illegal growing of marijuana in that area of OK, I am wondering if he ran into an issue on his property or had contact with/spoke out against a perp. Medical marijuana growing was legalized in OK in 2018 & LE has been taking action against illegal growers.

Because I have found nothing in media reports directly relating this to his disappearance, it is speculation only.

His disappearance being escalated to OSBI will hopefully bring an answer soon.

Last edited:
I can't help but be suspicious of his saying "I've got a cough and you may not see me tomorrow, so don't worry" IMHO that sounds like either he's buying time to disappear himself OR the person who supposedly heard him say this is lying for their own nefarious reasons. A very odd story indeed, one that will probably end tragically.

Another local story reminding the public that GBB is still missing.
“I mean nobody knows what happened,” Hedges said. “They’ve not seen anything, heard anything. It’s like he woke up or got home and just disappeared in thin air.”

Hedges said she’s not the only one who has that feeling, either.

“The sheriff and undersheriff have both done this job for 30 years, and they’re both the same way,” Hedges said. “They have never seen anything like this.”

Another local story reminding the public that GBB is still missing.
“I mean nobody knows what happened,” Hedges said. “They’ve not seen anything, heard anything. It’s like he woke up or got home and just disappeared in thin air.”

Hedges said she’s not the only one who has that feeling, either.

“The sheriff and undersheriff have both done this job for 30 years, and they’re both the same way,” Hedges said. “They have never seen anything like this.”

Disappearance now considered "suspicious" IMHO its been suspicious from the start. Hmmmmm

I can't help but be suspicious of his saying "I've got a cough and you may not see me tomorrow, so don't worry" IMHO that sounds like either he's buying time to disappear himself OR the person who supposedly heard him say this is lying for their own nefarious reasons. A very odd story indeed, one that will probably end tragically.
I have been leaning to your second thought. The person who last saw him.

WALTERS, Okla. (KSWO) - Rumors have been flying across Cotton County as the OSBI and other law enforcement agencies continue to search for Grady “Bruce” Benson, the man who suddenly went missing in November.

Days after a Silver Alert was issued for Benson, the OSBI took over the search and called the disappearance “suspicious.”

After 7News received several calls and messages saying it was believed he had been found, we reached out to OSBI agents and local law enforcement for an update.

OSBI agents told 7News last week no body had been found but they were continuing to search areas where Benson might be, including creeks and fields around Cotton County.

We will continue to check for updates and as we learn more about the search, we will bring it to you.

Namus Page
Missing Person / NamUs #MP97428
Original

Not finding any new updates. I think of him often.
I check Facebook every few days. It would be great to know what grid has been searched. I've posted questions about whether all bodies of water nearby have been searched there but no one ever responds.

If they don't find him on or near his acreage, it is likely an abduction. The longer this goes, the more I lean that direction. But if so why & who?

Due to rural farms with violent marijuana farming-related crimes, including murder, making the news, I am concerned he could have been targeted in some way (not inferring anything illegal on his part).
JMO

I check Facebook every few days. It would be great to know what grid has been searched. I've posted questions about whether all bodies of water nearby have been searched there but no one ever responds.

If they don't find him on or near his acreage, it is likely an abduction. The longer this goes, the more I lean that direction. But if so why & who?

Due to rural farms with violent marijuana farming-related crimes, including murder, making the news, I am concerned he could have been targeted in some way (not inferring anything illegal on his part).
JMO
Yes, I keep thinking of what could have possibly happened as well. I can't think of a motive in being abducted by a stranger (his keys and such left in his car and nothing stolen and no signs of foul play). So that leaves me to wonder if someone who knew him was involved, or if someone who had some kind of business dealings with him or his family, maybe leasing of land or a long time/old family rivals or something.

I also wonder about possible self harm and he's hidden himself, or even accident and he's hidden, like in a well, up tree (are there even trees there?), in a body of water, in a space someone has not checked yet (crawl space, old equipment) or somewhere not far and he's just not been found. His comment (paraphrasing) to his son about not being alarmed if he didn't see him the next day - I wonder if that is telling at all? I keep hoping I'll come on and see an update.

I'll have to check FB out.

ALL MOO and JMO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I hadn't looked at a Google Maps location of their home & property until you posted this. Being so close to a Love's truck stop opens up lots of possibilities as to Bruce's disappearance. The home & property is fenced and gated well so this capture is very interesting.

Who & why? The same questions I would ask about his disappearance.

<modsnip> At least it's in the hands of OSBI.

Seeing the property location, it brings abduction to the forefront for me. But who & why?

I also want to know if the retention pond nearby has been searched.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't looked at a Google Maps location of their home & property until you posted this. Being so close to a Love's truck stop opens up lots of possibilities as to Bruce's disappearance. The home & property is fenced and gated well so this capture is very interesting.

Who & why? The same questions I would ask about his disappearance.

<modsnip> At least it's in the hands of OSBI.

Seeing the property location, it brings abduction to the forefront for me. But who & why?

Wow, not sure if I'm aloud to link it, if not mods please delete, it but I'm pretty sure their property is here
Benson Home

It seems pretty much wide open there.

ALL MOO of course.

Wow, not sure if I'm aloud to link it, if not mods please delete, it but I'm pretty sure their property is here
Benson Home

It seems pretty much wide open there. <modsnip>

ALL MOO of course.
<modsnip>

More surveillance needs to be added if his wife is staying there alone.

BB's disappearance is very odd & out of character. Did he come upon someone trying to steal something from the property? Had he supported someone in a legal matter & became a target?

Trespassers in Texas where I live often find themselves looking at the barrel of a gun!

"It is settled in Oklahoma that an individual may resist a trespass upon real property in his possession, and may eject the trespasser by use of any reasonable force. So long as the trespasser does not commit or attempt a felony, force is reasonable only where it does not take or endanger human life."

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper