Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I missed her name! So was she only married to Charles Vallow?

She also used the last name Ryan in public records. I'm still trying to figure out when she married Tylee's father. See post above for the name of the man I suspect is her father (I don't want to write his name out here in case I'm wrong about who he is but you can see his name in the link).

Police release photos of mother, stepdad who are now ‘persons of interest’ in connection to children’s disappearance
missing-parents-860x558.jpg

Police release photos of mother, stepdad who are now 'persons of interest' in connection to children's disappearance | East Idaho News

Very interesting comment under article.

Police release photos of mother, stepdad who are now 'persons of interest' in connection to children's disappearance | East Idaho News

Hi all, relative of Chad Daybell here. My family is pretty shaken by all that we've found out, and my brother and I are investigating what we can to try to piece things together. I've got some further insight into the situation and I hope someone can help figure things out.

This isn't the only forum/group looking into this case. Local police, the FBI (multiple state lines have been crossed), and family of Chad and Lori seem to be investigating as well.

As stated everywhere with this story, Lori's kids Joshua Vallow (7 year old son) and Tylee Ryan (16/17 year old daughter) have been missing since September 2019. Finding these kids should be the top priority, with finding Lori and Chad taking a close second.

The running theory my brother and I have is this:
•Chad and Lori have known each other for years (at least 7, very likely more) at this point. Chad writes and publishes LDS-related books, and has published multiple of Lori's books. They've done a podcast together, and are also involved together on the AVOW (Another Voice of Warning) forums. Chad's account has been deleted/disabled on AVOW. Accessing AVOW is cumbersome because viewing info requires an account, which costs money.
Another Voice of Warning - Powered by vBulletin
•It's unknown whether Chad and Lori have been having an affair, but people who know them from AVOW recall them being very narcissistic and claiming LDS authority figures will listen to them in the future. It's also said that other members of AVOW have gotten in trouble with the law, though I haven't looked into that.
Chad Daybell's (False) Train Dreams as shared from AVOW - Page 2 - LDS Freedom Forum
•July 11th, Lori's husband is murdered by her brother. It was deemed self-defense and no charges were pressed, and it's likely the kids witnessed it. There's some thought that it wasn't self-defense, but I haven't looked into that.
Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight
•Tylee Ryan's Venmo account is used October 16th, and this is currently the last clue I have about her.
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019
•October 19th, Chad's wife Tammy mysteriously dies in the night. I personally went to her funeral. First we all thought it was of natural causes, but with everything else the family has found out we're starting to suspect it wasn't all too natural.
View Tamara "Tammy" Daybell's Obituary on RexburgStandardJournal.com and share memories
•November 26th, a welfare check is conducted where Lori and Chad say Joshua is with a friend/relative in Arizona. Then, November 27th, search warrants were executed to try to locate Joshua, finding Chad and Lori abruptly left. Investigation suggests neither Joshua or Tylee left with them.
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News
•December 11th, Tammy's body is exhumed (without anyone in the family knowing) and an autopsy was performed. Somewhere around this time the FBI has gotten involved.
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger
•December 12th, Lori Vallow's brother (Alex, the one that murdered her estranged husband) mysteriously dies. I can't find anything about this other than this link:
Tammy Daybell (Ogden UT) - True Crime -Crime in the news, unsolved cases - City-Data Forum
•Contact was somehow maintained with Chad and Lori for some time, but they were uncooperative and have since cut off contact.

Which brings us to the present, with surprisingly little information about the missing kids.

Chad and Tammy's kids are all okay. Their youngest is 19, and is in South Africa for an LDS mission. The other 4 are all adults and most of them are married. Unfortunately they've mostly cut contact with our side of the family, but from what I understand they're being approached by strangers and being harassed about this. In general the family is trying to stay positive, but we're ready to disown Chad once we have some solid info about the missing kids.

There's a cult of sorts surrounding Chad. It might be related to AVOW, and it was kept secret from everyone. We only found out about it last night after some digging, but the cult is centered around Chad and him being a "Prophet" or even "the Son of God". It seems to be an offshoot of the LDS church, and Lori has been involved with it for 2 or 3 years at this point. Chad's been running a pay-per-view semiannual event for this cult for 7+ years now. They've got a forum under lock and key somewhere filled with stuff praising Chad and such, but it's difficult to find and we've misplaced the link we had. I'll send one once my brother finds it again.

Chad and Lori are called "preppers" by some LDS members. They've been preparing (spiritually, mentally, and most importantly physically) for a second coming of Jesus Christ, and they haven't being doing so lightly. With both of them disappearing like this, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone for a year+. Really, while we can find out a whole bunch about Chad and Lori, Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan should be everyone's focus. No one knows what happened to those poor kids.

Thanks to everyone who is looking into this, you all have greatly helped my brother and I find and understand this awful situation.

I've read so many things since this morning. Two ex's died and a brother or brother in law. Parents were in a cult, they were in a FDLS hidden cult. Or similar. Chad's books were off. I hope that both of the kids can be found alive. I'm worried about the death trails developing though ex's . Two spouses, the widowers unite within 2 or so weeks. Kids missing. Read the mom was missing at a religious compound early January 2019 for a couple months. All real or fictitious, but sounds about right from reading. My only hope is the kids are hidden in a FDLS compound and FBI can find them. I pray.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness...if true, how many people around her have died? Crazy! Are these two Lori's only kids?

I have not found any more children. Just to recap Lori's known aliases/marriages:

Lori Norene Cox
Lori Norene Ryan
(from first? marriage to the father of missing Tylee Ryan-- Possible divorce around 2008? based on the appeals document; he possibly died in Apr 2018-- unknown circumstances/needs to be confirmed with documents)
Lori Norene Vallow (2nd marriage to Charles Vallow, father of the missing Joshua Vallow; Charles was shot to death in July 2019, allegedly by his brother-in-law who is now also deceased as of Dec 2019)
Lori Norene Daybell (3rd Marriage to Chad Daybell soon after the suspicious death of Chad's wife Tammy)

Chad and Tammy have 4 adult children and 3 grandchildren.
I did not find any previous marriages for Chad before he married Tammy (but that doesn't rule out prior marriages of course).

welcome @Maxxer500 , I am sorry you have to be here. I hope you will do this verification process so that you can share here. Verified Professional and Insider Members

Curious when someone indeed saw the children last? Much of what you shared has been available online, but I am sure you have more that you could share to help with the search. This is a great, knowledgeable group. I know we can be of help.

Hi all, relative of Chad Daybell here. My family is pretty shaken by all that we've found out, and my brother and I are investigating what we can to try to piece things together. I've got some further insight into the situation and I hope someone can help figure things out.

This isn't the only forum/group looking into this case. Local police, the FBI (multiple state lines have been crossed), and family of Chad and Lori seem to be investigating as well.

As stated everywhere with this story, Lori's kids Joshua Vallow (7 year old son) and Tylee Ryan (16/17 year old daughter) have been missing since September 2019. Finding these kids should be the top priority, with finding Lori and Chad taking a close second.

The running theory my brother and I have is this:
•Chad and Lori have known each other for years (at least 7, very likely more) at this point. Chad writes and publishes LDS-related books, and has published multiple of Lori's books. They've done a podcast together, and are also involved together on the AVOW (Another Voice of Warning) forums. Chad's account has been deleted/disabled on AVOW. Accessing AVOW is cumbersome because viewing info requires an account, which costs money.
Another Voice of Warning - Powered by vBulletin
•It's unknown whether Chad and Lori have been having an affair, but people who know them from AVOW recall them being very narcissistic and claiming LDS authority figures will listen to them in the future. It's also said that other members of AVOW have gotten in trouble with the law, though I haven't looked into that.
Chad Daybell's (False) Train Dreams as shared from AVOW - Page 2 - LDS Freedom Forum
•July 11th, Lori's husband is murdered by her brother. It was deemed self-defense and no charges were pressed, and it's likely the kids witnessed it. There's some thought that it wasn't self-defense, but I haven't looked into that.
Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight
•Tylee Ryan's Venmo account is used October 16th, and this is currently the last clue I have about her.
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, and Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019
•October 19th, Chad's wife Tammy mysteriously dies in the night. I personally went to her funeral. First we all thought it was of natural causes, but with everything else the family has found out we're starting to suspect it wasn't all too natural.
View Tamara "Tammy" Daybell's Obituary on RexburgStandardJournal.com and share memories
•November 26th, a welfare check is conducted where Lori and Chad say Joshua is with a friend/relative in Arizona. Then, November 27th, search warrants were executed to try to locate Joshua, finding Chad and Lori abruptly left. Investigation suggests neither Joshua or Tylee left with them.
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News
•December 11th, Tammy's body is exhumed (without anyone in the family knowing) and an autopsy was performed. Somewhere around this time the FBI has gotten involved.
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger
•December 12th, Lori Vallow's brother (Alex, the one that murdered her estranged husband) mysteriously dies. I can't find anything about this other than this link:
Tammy Daybell (Ogden UT) - True Crime -Crime in the news, unsolved cases - City-Data Forum
•Contact was somehow maintained with Chad and Lori for some time, but they were uncooperative and have since cut off contact.

Which brings us to the present, with surprisingly little information about the missing kids.

Chad and Tammy's kids are all okay. Their youngest is 19, and is in South Africa for an LDS mission. The other 4 are all adults and most of them are married. Unfortunately they've mostly cut contact with our side of the family, but from what I understand they're being approached by strangers and being harassed about this. In general the family is trying to stay positive, but we're ready to disown Chad once we have some solid info about the missing kids.

There's a cult of sorts surrounding Chad. It might be related to AVOW, and it was kept secret from everyone. We only found out about it last night after some digging, but the cult is centered around Chad and him being a "Prophet" or even "the Son of God". It seems to be an offshoot of the LDS church, and Lori has been involved with it for 2 or 3 years at this point. Chad's been running a pay-per-view semiannual event for this cult for 7+ years now. They've got a forum under lock and key somewhere filled with stuff praising Chad and such, but it's difficult to find and we've misplaced the link we had. I'll send one once my brother finds it again.

Chad and Lori are called "preppers" by some LDS members. They've been preparing (spiritually, mentally, and most importantly physically) for a second coming of Jesus Christ, and they haven't being doing so lightly. With both of them disappearing like this, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gone for a year+. Really, while we can find out a whole bunch about Chad and Lori, Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan should be everyone's focus. No one knows what happened to those poor kids.

Thanks to everyone who is looking into this, you all have greatly helped my brother and I find and understand this awful situation.

Welcome Maxxer500! I hope these kids are found. You'll find that Websleuths is not like other forums in that they don't allow rumors here. We have to have a source to post information that has not been shared in the mainstream media. In order to post information that you know as an insider to this case, please become a verified insider by following the directions at this link: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Once you are a verified insider you can post freely what you know without sharing a source. Without being verified, some of your posts here, like the excellent one above, might be deleted.

Also, you should be aware we are not allowed to link to social media for the family members (such as the kid's grandma). The rules here are that we can only link to the missing kids' social media and the suspects/POI's social media. We can also link to anything on Mainstream media news or put out by official law enforcement sources. I hope you will stick around and become verified.

Here is a court case with a few more names for Lori, likely verifying your theory @Gardener1850 . If it doesn't link just search Lori Ryan. Online Case Information

Thank you! Yes, that confirms Lori was married to Joseph Anthony Ryan Jr and he was the father of Tylee-- looks like they went through a custody dispute around 2006 based on those links. MOO.

I found Chad and Tammy's marriage announcement from 1990: Clipping from The Springville Herald - Newspapers.com

img

This seems to confirm that Tamara was Chad's first wife since they married young while still in college. I have to admit that I'm a little worried about Chad's safety while on the run with Lori since most of the people who have died or disappeared in the past year are closely connected to her. Not to discount that Chad's wife died suspiciously too but I wonder if Lori was often in the Daybell house as a guest. A person dying "in their sleep" when she is a healthy middle-aged adult sounds like poisoning or drugging. I have read that women are more likely to chose poison as a way to kill. MOO.

Thank You. So she is previous wife of man who now married mother of missing children. Her death in October, previously noted as natural, is being now re-examined as suspicious.

Oh my, they had 5 children :( . I wonder where they all are.

I knew the Daybell’s personally growing up. Their children are all adults now.

This isn't super relevant to the case and finding the kids but I'm searching through old newspapers and finding little things about Chad in High School in the 1980's (he went to Springville High School in Utah). Chad was on the honor roll with a GPA of 3.7-4.0 (that's a mostly A student) when he was in 12th grade:
The Springville Herald from Springville, Utah on November 20, 1985 · 8
Chad was also nominated as "teenager of the month" at his high school and was one of 14 students from around the state honored at an awards ceremony:
The Daily Herald from Provo, Utah on May 11, 1986 · 22

Little things like this tell me that he is very intelligent and was probably one of the "good kids" in school, not someone who got into trouble a lot. If I'm right, I hope that his "good kid" personality is still in there somewhere. I hope it was not all an act he put on but that he is sincere. I hope he has a conscience and will do the right thing.

Chad, if you read this please do the right thing and turn yourself and Lori in. Please tell the police the truth about where Joshua and Tylee are-- this situation is not going to get better by you two remaining in hiding.

I am feeling better about the kids. Hoping that the cult might be hiding them. I worry though that they are witnesses to their their father's death. That they have a secret that is dangerous for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member