CA CA - Modesto, WhtFem #UP58456,"Frosty Austin," Oct'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

AliceInPain

Just taking a break ...
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sex: Female
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Found: October 6, 2018
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 60
Height: 5' 6"(66 inches) , Measured
Weight: 214 lbs, Measured
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face

Circumstances of Recovery:
Decedent died at a nursing home under the name "Frosty Austin. Unable to positively identify via fingerprints, DNA and there is no next of kin.

The Stanislaus County Coroner’s Office is seeking the families of two residents who died over the weekend of natural causes.
Frosty Austin, 68, died at her home Saturday, Oct. 6.
Stanislaus coroner seeks family of two Modesto residents who died recently

I found two Frosty Austins, one of them is 68 and has lived in this area of CA.
However, her husband and other relatives are very easy to find on Facebook, (no posts or photos of Frosty on their pages.)
So, have LE not managed to locate them, or do they believe the deceased woman had been using the real Frosty's identity?

Only MSM FB post I could find:
The Modesto Bee

There should be a Social Security Death Benefit -- who did Frosty Austin list on the initial Social Security application?

Not that the SSA is likely to tell us, but yeah LE oughta know....

Strange, and the identity theft idea is a good one.

Maybe she was estranged from her family, they denied knowing her and refused to give DNA?
I can't believe that little notice in the paper was LE's only attempt to find her next of kin.

I think there is also a death of Frosty listed on Ancestry, as Frosty Jan Austin, but I don't have access so can't see dates.

I sent them an email, let's see if they respond.

I posted this on Debra Frost's thread.

Could Debbie have started a new life which eventually led to her living and dying in Modesto, CA? I wonder if there are any known connections she or others in her circle had to CA? This lady seems to me like a good potential match to Debbie. Note her alias "Frosty Austin". Could Debra Frost have chosen "Frosty" as her new name? Does she know/love an Austin? Did she move to/have a liking for Austin, TX?

Is it known whether she was fingerprinted during her interaction with LE one week after her disappearance?

UID Frosty Austin's NamUs profile -
Circumstances of Recovery - Decedent died at a nursing home under the name "Frosty Austin". Unable to positively identify via fingerprints, DNA and there is no next of kin.

Debra Frost's NamUs profile - [UID stats]
Female
Missing Age 17 Years
Current Age 53 Years [Adult Pre-60]

Height 5' 5" - 5' 7" (65 - 67 Inches) [5'6"]
Weight 115 - 130 lbs [214]
Hair Color Brown [Blonde/Strawberry]
Head Hair Description BROWN/AUBURN LENGTH WAS MID-BACK
Eye Color Hazel [Blue]

Description - Piercing - EAR PIERCINGS [Frosty is wearing earrings in photo. Unknown if piercing or clip-on.]

Scar/mark [None mentioned]
SCAR ON HER LEFT CALF
SCAR ON BRIDGE OF NOSE [possible marking on right side of nose near nostril( MOO)]
SCAR ON CHEST/BREAST - UNKNOWN WHICH SIDE
FRECKLES

Original
Original

Debra's age progression photos -
Original
Original

Possible identity theft....indeed a strange story. Is there somebody who could do a recon, making her face look younger, less "fat" (sorry, no harm meant here)? I know there are members who are very good in this and like to do it. Maybe that will "shake the tree".

Lorie Lynn Walters-Pope – The Charley Project ????

Lorie Lynn Walters-Pope
  • lorie_lynn_walters-pope_1.jpg
Walters-Pope, circa 1996

• Missing Since 11/19/1996
  • Missing From Humboldt County, California
  • Classification Missing (some agency's say volentury missing)
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/07/1952 (68)
  • Age 44 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 200 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. Walters-Pope may use the last names Pope and/or Walters.
Details of Disappearance
Walters-Pope was last seen in Humboldt County, California on November 19, 1996. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

I did a little bit of poking around on Ancestry...there is one picture of Frosty linked to the family tree for Donald Gordon Austin. It appears that the two of them were never legally married though she seems to have used Austin as her last name. Donald died earlier in 2018, and the person who created the family tree noted that there is no marriage record for Donald and Frosty, but they had originally told people they got married sometime around 1992. The obituary listed in post #4 of this thread is indeed for Donald Austin's grandson, and Frosty is listed in the obituary as Donald's wife, but the young man who died was actually her step-grandson. His father was Donald Austin's son, but Frosty was not the mother. The person on Ancestry doesn't believe that "Frosty" was the UID's legal name, just a nickname, but they have been unable to determine her real name.

Oh I might have just solved this one.
I was looking at a background records page for her, it linked me to someone with the same listed DOB. I looked up that person's name and found her listed as missing in her grandmother's obit. Am I jumping to conclusions here or did I seriously just solve this...? Think I just need someone to tell me I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'll be contacting LE right now though.

Oh **** I might have just solved this one.
I was looking at a background records page for her, it linked me to someone with the same listed DOB. I looked up that person's name and found her listed as missing in her grandmother's obit. Am I jumping to conclusions here or did I seriously just solve this...? Think I just need someone to tell me I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'll be contacting LE right now though.
I might be jumping to conclusions. This is the Debbie Lee Frost I ended up finding.
Debra Lee Frost – The Charley Project

Oh **** I might have just solved this one.

Is there a link to the grandmother's obit? I'm asking specifically to determine if grandma may have been in or associated with Utah from where Debra Frost is missing.

Eta- Also, does any of this research mention the O'Malley surname? from Frosty Austin's NamUs profile. Bbm

Possible First NameFrosty
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last NameAustin
Possible NicknameFrosty O'Malley (maiden name)

Is there a link to the grandmother's obit? I'm asking specifically to determine if grandma may have been in or associated with Utah from where Debra Frost is missing.

Eta- Also, does any of this research mention the O'Malley surname? from Frosty Austin's NamUs profile. Bbm

Possible First NameFrosty
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last NameAustin
Possible NicknameFrosty O'Malley (maiden name)
It was a grandma in Utah and I've confirmed the person I was researching to be Debra Frost from Utah. I found her father's obit as well. Unfortunately, doesn't match up with our UID in age or appearance.
Death: Virginia Barton Harrison Frost
Obituary: Billie Lee "Bill" Frost

Found something for real! She's listed in this document as an employee hired by La Bahia Restaurant in Stockton, CA. Here's the relevant section (BBM):
"1. As previously found and discussed, I have determined that Respondent Armando Palacio, d/b/a La Bahia Restaurant, violated Section 1324a(a)(1)(B) of Title 8, 274A(a)(1)(B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, in that it hired for employment in the United States after November 6, 1986, the following individuals without complying with the verification requirements in 8 U.S.C. Section 1324a(b)(1), Section 274A(b)(1) of the Act, and 8 C.F.R. Section 274A.2(b)(1)(ii):
Gaudalupe Avila
Maria R. Castaneda
Fortino N. Cortez
Maria de Consuelo Esparza
Liopoldo Angeles H. Gabriel
Francisco Gomez
Sandra B. Gomez
Maria R. A. Mandujano
Frosty O'Malley
Petra Pecheco
Rosa Velasquez Quiroz
Carmen Ramirez
Silvia Rivera
Margarita Sanchez
Brenda Vinson"
https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/eoir/legacy/1998/09/02/230.pdf

So there's your O'Malley name and a possibility she was an immigrant (from Ireland, I'd assume?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back